It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors block major highway in Massachusetts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All that time creating the post and I'm left with a blank page...anyway...here is the Link

Don't understand why my page wouldn't load after writing the post??
edit on 16-1-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Sorry for the half ass post...some great pictures in this linkLink
edit on 16-1-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Damn

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thats what'll happen to the protest, too. We hear what they "did" (blocking a hiway), but not what they protested about.

Even if they tell us it will be a minor note.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thats what'll happen to the protest, too. We hear what they "did" (blocking a hiway), but not what they protested about.

Even if they tell us it will be a minor note.

Nobody is hiding why they protested...

“Today, our nonviolent direct action is meant to expose the reality that Boston is a city where white commuters and students use the city and leave, while Black and Brown communities are targeted by police, exploited, and displaced,” said Katie Seitz, one of the protesters, said in the statement.

It was simply a stupid move on their part and you are correct....nobody cares about the why because they could have gone another route...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yup A lot of racist black people out there it seems.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

A whole page of stuff and I don't see the reason for the protest? Am I blind?

ETA:
a reply to: chrismarco

Oh okay. Clearly the reason wasn't what was of interest on that first link.
edit on 1/16/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Some will say, "Why be so disruptive? So extreme?"

I read a column today by Ronnie McBrayer that quoted Martin Luther King, Jr., and his Letter from the Birmingham Jail that reminded me why it is so important...to be extreme. Interrupt brunch, interrupt traffic, end the status quo.

Here is a small part of his column...

MLK used his jail cell to take his detractors to task, specifically a group of Alabama ministers, who had taken umbrage with his tactics.

Those ministers crafted a document entitled, “A Call for Unity,” imploring King to cease his “extreme measures” of boycotts and demonstrations. After it was printed in the local newspaper, King drafted “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” as his spirited response.

In it he fiercely attacked the false peace that they paternalistically peddled. What was required for lasting peace and justice was to first “bring to the surface the hidden tension…bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with.” It was King’s goal, always through nonviolent means, to foster this social crisis of inequality until it could no longer be ignored. Then, and only then, was systematic change possible.

Was this approach, “extreme?” Absolutely, as King wrote: “Was not Jesus an extremist for love…Was not Amos an extremist for justice…So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be. Will we be extremists for hate or for love?

Source

top topics

join