It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton calls ‘emergency meeting’ over Hollywood’s all-white Oscar list

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Hmmm how is this idiot allowed to have an opinion in society. Why is he still walking around freely?

Well as John Kerry says:

John Kerry: Americans 'have a right to be stupid'

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Sharpton baiting 101, for all those who choose not to dig under the surface, rule one, he is a tool, if you just think what you see is what you get, by all estimates Sharpton is paid for his positions and for his causes the same as Jesse Jackson, for all those that take Sharpton bait, you are not doing your homework , you have been properly baited by your keepers and it is just another indication that if you did take his actions for face value, shame on you, you have been deceived once again.

It has nothing to do with Black or White in reality, but that is what you choose to see.

You look at the archetype that Sharpton has been cast in or actually he might be a first in creating it, he wore out his original cause within about 5 minutes of grandstanding on civil rights looooong ago, quickly those that saw his value far beyond that, his power and reach to influence the ignorant have invested in this opposite pole, negative and sought to energize the positive poles, all he is , in case you haven't noticed by now, is a useful pawn to keep your eyes on the race issue, and once again as been proven here, keep your eyes on that prize only.

Smoke and mirrors are the number 1 weapon in any arsenal of deception, keep you looking one way while the real agenda is quietly pushed, top level archetypes be it a hero or villain, will always serve their purpose in the play to either polarize or energize one side or the other....this goes not only for him, but top level individuals that can have great influence on a large segment of people, entertainers, actors and certain politicians are used to guide, the underlying hidden hand, to fulfill all of it's nefarious agendas.
edit on 16-1-2015 by phinubian because: added info

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectbane

Hmmm how is this idiot allowed to have an opinion in society. Why is he still walking around freely?

Well as John Kerry says:

John Kerry: Americans 'have a right to be stupid'

He should know, he is the highest level expert on "stupid" we have.

Stupid isn't just a right. For some people it is a way of life.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
To play Devil's Advocate: There are many pressing issue to worry over that should be the focus. Guess that going after 'Elite Hollywood' would bring in the revenue with settlements, etc., as opposed to them actually changing a damn thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

i was hoping the whole nefarious agenda thing would get boring for them and inspire them to turn over a new leaf, one of healing and well, i miss the 70's, 80s and 90s, where race issues were not the focal point but rather just learning to appreciate each other (which i thought was coming along swimmingly. it needed work in areas, of course, but seemed to me things were improving by leaps and bounds).

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Its probably already been said, I only just read the OP.

Hey Al have ya heard of BET, Bounce TV or NAACP Image Awards?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

Uhmmm...Hollywierd has been pretty accepting over the past 100 years.
Hattie McDaniel won Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 1939 for Gone With The Wind ...

Once again, I will say that true Artist are COLORBLIND and always have been.

Hollywood may be a cesspool, but race has never been one of the issues there.

Tell the REV to shut the F?>< UP!

AL, why don't you Help the young black men that can't find employment you TOOL!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think Kevin Hart has a movie out they can shove in there?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Not sure i completely agree with you on the 90's, especially the early to mid 90's, seemed like a whole lot more might pop off than even what is happening now, Public Enemy, NWA, I actually returned to college from the military during those years and I can remember a whole lot more racial tension then, believe it or not, the same type of atmosphere though but much more volatile to an extent, I remember Virginia Beach riots, Rodney King and OJ, much bigger fish, but the same type of effect as now... to distract and hide the hidden actions of the elite.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
There should be a quota for blacks in every award ceremony......blacks can't act as good as whites because of slavery, all of you should know and remember......

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
Source

The Rev. Al Sharpton announced he was holding an “emergency meeting” to discuss Hollywood’s all-white list of Oscar nominees and talk about possible action against the Academy Awards’ powers-who-be.
“The movie industry is like the Rocky Mountains,” he said in a statement reported by Business Insider. “The higher you get, the whiter it gets. … I have called an emergency meeting early next week in Hollywood with the task force to discuss possible action around the Academy Awards.”

Al, what is going on in that little head of yours? Too many people place their trust in this man, and don't realize he's only in it for the money. Guess the movie studios will make a large contribution to him, and everybody will make apologies for being insensitive.

It just never ends.

August 10, 2019

AL Sharpton and Donald Trump have seen eye-to-eye on Racism related issues, for a couple of decades. In fact, President Trump launched a MOAT (Mother of All Tweets) directly at Hollywood elites yesterday.

Boldly Exposing them for WHO THEY REALLY ARE:

U.S. President Donald J. Trump: “Liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate!

They like to call themselves ‘Elite,’ but they are not Elite.

In fact, it is often the people that they so strongly oppose that are actually the Elite.

The movie coming out is made in order…. to inflame and cause chaos. They create their own violence, and then try to blame others.

They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!”

More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-167899

President Trump called Hollywood out over the same RACISM that African American actors and actresses have been complaining and angry about, over the past 50+ years!

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
my favorite comedians are black (eddie murphy and bill cosby)

Richard Pryor was also a comedy genius.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Wasn't it just last year that "12 Years a Slave" got all the Oscar nods?

Kind of lost all respect for the Oscars when it was revealed that 2 judges who voted for that film didn't even bother to watch it.

Two Oscar Voters Admit They Didn't Watch 12 Years A Slave, Voted For It Anyway

..That’s because in the wake of the film’s victory, two Oscar voters privately admitted to the L.A. Times that they voted for McQueen’s movie without even seeing it. They feared that actually watching the movie would be "upsetting," but confessed that they felt "obligated" to vote for the movie because of its "social relevance." 

www.cinemablend.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join