It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Complaint that Baker Refuses to Decorate Cake with Anti-Gay Message

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What? The LGBT is crying because they are being picked on with their own tactics?

No doubt another setup by the poor picked on LGBT. Who is the guy? What is his name?

Lets say it is true, just because they disagree with the message, that is no excuse to discriminate. They demand a wedding cake with two mens names on it? That offends some just as much as whatever this guy wanted on his cake. Of course only the homosexuals are able to determine what is offensive and what is not.

"B. They don't provide this service (negative decorating) for anyone. "

LOL.. Proves my point.. So now only the gays determine what is or is not negative decorating? What a sad, sick society we are building based on what less than 1% of the population determines to be free speech and discrimination.

Again, I have no doubt this is some LGBT setup. Their cause has not been in the news lately so they needed to do something to stir the pot of hate and immorality. Source..

If Christians are being threatened with prison for not making these gay wedding cakes, this drama queen of a baker should be forced to do what a Christian wants.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Reading a little more, I have discovered that he wanted this on the cake. A picture of two men holding hands with a large X through it and also, the infamous phrase, "God Hates F***!"

What a celebratory occasion, eh? LOL! Fred Phelps' catch phrase lives on!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Positive message?

Yes, like "Praise the Lord!" or "The Lord is my Shepherd". You know, POSITIVE MESSAGES. Not negative messages like, "Homosexuals are Despicable Sinners!"

Got it?

So now you want to dictate fair and acceptable religious speech? Is that it?

Denouncing homosexuals isn't religious speech. It is hate speech.

Well so when are we going to be discussing the outlaw of the bible then? Ah I just realized we cant do that because the bible discriminates equally.

this isnt about the bible. its about customer service and what qualifies as legal discrimination.

lets not make this a religious debate because thats a dead end.

Don't just drop in on me and start harping about a religious debate. I didn't bring it up and was trying hard to avoid even using the word religion. go back through the thread and read it.

im not the one doing the harping...ahem.

and i am also not the one beating a dead horse.

edit: also, this is what you are defending:

Reading a little more, I have discovered that he wanted this on the cake. A picture of two men holding hands with a large X through it and also, the infamous phrase, "God Hates F***!"

What a celebratory occasion, eh? LOL! Fred Phelps' catch phrase lives on!

quite the respectable display, eh?

edit on 16-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Source please? Guys name and affiliations?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

The "Christian's" name isn't being released.
He's not being discriminated against. The baker doesn't print hateful messages on ANY of her cakes.
The baker is not gay, nor a "drama queen". SHE treats all customers the same.
The gay couple who were refused a cake didn't ask for two men's name on the cake.
There is plenty of news about homosexuals.
There is no such thing as a "gay wedding cake".

Care to educate yourself on the cases so you can discuss this with SOME accuracy?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Source

“He wanted us to write God hates … (Ms. Jones refuses to say the word). Just really radical stuff against gays.”

I can tell you that the customer wanted us to draw two males holding hands … with a big ‘X’ on them.

I told you, they have not released the man's name yet.
edit on 1/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The "Christian's" name isn't being released.
He's not being discriminated against. The baker doesn't print hateful messages on ANY of her cakes.
The baker is not gay, nor a "drama queen". SHE treats all customers the same.
The gay couple who were refused a cake didn't ask for two men's name on the cake.
There is plenty of news about homosexuals.
There is no such thing as a "gay wedding cake".

Care to educate yourself on the cases so you can discuss this with SOME accuracy?

I think you're diluting, and missing the point, when you say that the baker doesn't write any hateful messages on his cakes.

The baker can write anything he wants on the cakes. He just can't discriminate who he sells them to.

Customers do not have an inalienable right to force businesses to create products for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here's a source of the bigot trying to explain his actions

www.towleroad.com...

He said.....

What the homosexuals want to do to Christians in America is what Muslims are already doing to Christians: slaughter and enslave them. This is why we must fight this evil, and help save persecuted Christians in the Muslim world. Donate now and save Christian lives. The sodomites, the purest haters of all that is just and godly, immediately went for the attack ... The only thing vile in this situation is what sodomites contrive and partake in, they indulge themselves in acts so diabolical, in things worthy of death” (Romans 1:32), and yet we are so careful to make sure that they are tolerated. The sodomite just quoted spoke of “loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.” Really? Let me show you how sinister these morally inept and demonic followers of Satan are.

Sounds like a nut job to me. He works for a site that collects money for "Persecuted Christians" which if collecting for those persecuted Christians in the middle east fair enough, however he's also saying that he's being persecuted so does not really have an understanding of the word.

edit on 16.1.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 16.1.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
The baker can write anything he wants on the cakes. He just can't discriminate who he sells them to.

You MIGHT be right, but in this case, I'm just repeating what the baker said. If she wrote hateful messages for white people and not for black people, there MAY be a case of discrimination. I'm not sure about the law. I don't think you are, either. Even so, it's irrelevant to this case.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Oh man, it's even more outrageously idiotic than I ever imagined.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the way i figure it, this guy was buying a cake for someone as a very personal "f*** you" and i dont think any business should be forced to participate in such a childish and obscene act.

this was not an innocent request at all. this wasnt even close to being a cordial gift. it was a prominent and unnecessary middle finger intended to ruin someones day, and i salute the colorado cake shop for refusing to do it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OMG! I think that's a different guy! The baker said this guy was an older, professional-looking man... Boy! The religious right is on a mission! LOL!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Here's a video of the bigot trying to explain his actions

www.towleroad.com...

Wow... the dude's dad is former Muslim Brotherhood who now speaks out against Muslims??

shoebat.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

OMG! I think that's a different guy! The baker said this guy was an older, professional-looking man... Boy! The religious right is on a mission! LOL!

No, it's the older guy's son in the video from what I can tell. The older guy is ex Muslim Brotherhood who advocates against Muslims.

WTF?

Good lesson in learning not to stereotype.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You MIGHT be right, but in this case, I'm just repeating what the baker said. If she wrote hateful messages for white people and not for black people, there MAY be a case of discrimination. I'm not sure about the law. I don't think you are, either. Even so, it's irrelevant to this case.

Yes, the law is clear. You can write whatever message you want as the baker. You can write "I hate Christians." It's a free country. You just can't deny Christians from buying your cake.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No, it's the older guy's son in the video from what I can tell.

You don't know that. You're speculating. No need to confuse the issue. That's a different case.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There's a site called Showbat.com where these guys are members, it's run by the chap in my previous response. These god fearing Christians are going to as many LGBT friendly bakeries to cause this commotion.

As I've said many times before, I class these types of Fundemental Christians as bad as the fundamental Islamist, same mind set. If these Christains had been born in the middle east I would not mind betting they would have joined a Islamist Militant group.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

WOW! These guys are so full of fear, it's really sad. Thanks for the info.

What the homosexuals want to do to Christians in America is what Muslims are already doing to Christians: slaughter and enslave them. This is why we must fight this evil, and help save persecuted Christians in the Muslim world. Donate now and save Christian lives.

The sodomites, the purest haters of all that is just and godly, immediately went for the attack ... The only thing vile in this situation is what sodomites contrive and partake in, they indulge themselves in acts so diabolical, in things worthy of death” (Romans 1:32), and yet we are so careful to make sure that they are tolerated. The sodomite just quoted spoke of “loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.” Really? Let me show you how sinister these morally inept and demonic followers of Satan are.

Right Wing Watch

I don't know if these guys are affiliated with the "Christian" man from the bakery, but they're all extremist nut jobs, IMO.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Here's a video of the bigot trying to explain his actions

www.towleroad.com...

Wow... the dude's dad is former Muslim Brotherhood who now speaks out against Muslims??

shoebat.com...

i didn't know they had gay bakerys

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just wow at some of the replies here. Diluting? Own tactics? Same thing as refusing to sell a product?

Utter fail at the attempt by this Christian with no name. But it definitely sheds some clarity as to the mindset and stupidity of interpretation and what has put us in this mess...people who simply are incapable of logical thought or thinking.

I'd love to write that message on this Christian's forehead in Sharpie....or better yet tattoo it on there.

edit on 1/16/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join