It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Complaint that Baker Refuses to Decorate Cake with Anti-Gay Message

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes, it does make sense, just not to those who are so hate filled towards Christians.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahimsa

Yes, it does make sense, just not to those who are so hate filled towards Christians.

You might want to reread it. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense. The gays can't see beyond their hateful and angry gay sex long enough to be the way I demand they be.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yes it does, but it's pointless showing that here, they hate Christians so much that truth doesn't matter, just say Christian and they begin to foam at the mouth. ATS wasn't always this Anti-Christian, it used to actually be an interesting site.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

no one is sure if these are the same guy (s) that this thread is about.....these guys did this in california....the thread is about what happened in colorado, which was posted earlier in the thread,.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Oh geez.

"A Christian making a homosexual cake with 'Support Gay Marriage' goes against his faith and a homosexual putting 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong' goes against his faith as well. Now of course we honor their right to say no, this is not the issue, but what about honoring the Christian right to also say no?" asks Shoebat.

What the hell?

This makes the whole thing sound even more glaringly stupid. Does it even make any sense?

The quote makes perfect sense.

Christian making a cake that supports gay marriage is against their faith.

Homosexual making a cake that supports traditional marriage is against their belief.

The point that is being made is why is it wrong for the Christian to say no, and it's okay for the homosexual to say no. Like I keep stating, it's a double standard. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It does make sense, you just refuse to see it. What's right is wrong, what's wrong is right...these are the times we are in.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I like to see the "I'm telling mommy" liberals get bitten on the rear by their own nonsense.

Wouldn't it be fitting for the current baker in question to lose his business?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Christian making a cake that supports gay marriage is against their faith.

How does a blank cake "support" gay marriage?

Homosexual making a cake that supports traditional marriage is against their belief.

How does writing "God Hates F***!" on a cake support traditional marriage?

The point that is being made is why is it wrong for the Christian to say no, and it's okay for the homosexual to say no.

NONE of the bakers in these cases are gay. BOTH are actually Christian. One discriminates and the other doesn't.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

In a sense, I think it would be fitting as well. But common sense kicks in and it's not hard to see how childish the whole situation is. It's absolutely getting rediculous between the two sides. Both sides are trying to impose, and take away, rights of the other group.

That's the very opposite of tolerance.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It's amazing how they state it's down to gay faith to deny hatred and their bigoted views. Never knew the LGBT had their own "Rainbow God"

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Seems there's a lot more hatred coming from the fundamental Christains at the moment.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
I like to see the "I'm telling mommy" liberals get bitten on the rear by their own nonsense.

Don't hold your breath.

Wouldn't it be fitting for the current baker in question to lose his business?

Actually, no, it wouldn't. The two situations are entirely different.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The key difference here is that the cake maker didn't REFUSE service to the customer. At all. They said would make the requested bible, and even provide the customer with icing, a bag, and tip to add his own decorations as he saw fit.

The bakery that was cited was done so because they outright refused to even make a simple cake for the wedding. The cake would have NO written messages on it in support of gays, no same-sex cake toppers, nothing extravagant. Just a simple wedding cake and they were refused service.

BIG, BIG differences in these cases.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ahimsa posted a link to an article countering the original story. There are apparently two sides to it. One, in which the bakeries are claiming the Christian wanted hate speech. The other story, claiming that the Christian just wanted a cake that supported traditional weddings.

How does a blank cake "support" gay marriage?

A blank cake, in and of itself might not be. But being required to provide a service for something that is against your faith is the point. That's how it supports gay marriage.

At any rate, I was wrong to say that the bakers were gay... that's fine and it's my mistake. But that does not mean that the bakery wasn't pro-gay. I can see where a pro-gay bakery might misinterpret a request for a cake that supports traditional weddings as hate speech. Can't you?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not so.....

You say it's against the Christians faith and a gay persons belief.

Faith is based on scripture from two millennia ago and is not followed by 5 billion people on this planet and a tad big headed of some Christians do impose their "faith" on the rest of society.

Belief? It's not about belief, it's about human rights and bigots being held accountable for their absurd notion that fellow LGBT humans should be treated as second class citizens.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That's what I keep telling people. It is against my faith for gays to eat. Therefore I would never feed a starving dying gay.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

But the baker is still discriminating, making a distinction, based on their own personal views. The other guy wasn't allowed to do that.

The customer here was trying to get the baker to decorate a cake in a manner that is obviously offensive to the baker personally. For the christian baker it was was no less offensive really than putting two men's name on a wedding cake or a figurine of two men.

The way that the white christian throws the victim card, you'd swear they were being grabbed off the street and eviscerated.

Just WOW how obtuse the quoted post really is. WOW.

Derek

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 1/16/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

That's what I keep telling people. It is against my faith for gays to eat. Therefore I would never feed a starving dying gay.

I'm pretty sure that if the gay man was dying of starvation, a christian would provide food. Your example is off base.
No one starved because a bakery didn't provide a cake in support of a gay wedding.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join