It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman armed with Kalashnikov takes hostages at post office near Paris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
From the article.

The hostage-taker “is disappointed in love”, local prefecture told Liberation newspaper, adding that the hostage taker is a customer “who lost his head” and speaks of “heartbreak.”

The gunman is known to police as a petty crime suspect.

I guess bad timing.

And they get those rifles to go postal?

How are those rifles even obtained in France?

So you get upset over love and go to the post office? Seems nutters just don't make any sense in their motives.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
I can see terrorists getting hold of hand grenades and full auto AK-47's, but some petty thief schmuck who got dumped? Methinks there is something more to the story.

Completely agree...what he had wasn't exactly something you would be able to buy in a store....even in the US. Has to be a lot more to this than a jilted lover.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Jilted lover with an AK47, handgun, grenades and a load of ammo.

Hahahahahahhaha Riiiiiiight....

The "everything is a false flag" crowd have it seriously wrong with these Jihadists. The governments will go to ANY length to avoid admitting the failure of multiculturalism currently on display

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There have been many of these incidents the last few months which are pushed aside as

`an isolated nutcase`

or `work place violence`

all trying to downplay the VERY REAL THREAT of radical islam

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

And they get those rifles to go postal?

Yes, weird..

How are those rifles even obtained in France?

Good question, shouldn't be posible, maybe there is a new dealer in town...

So you get upset over love and go to the post office?

Maybe the broken love worked there?

Seems nutters just don't make any sense in their motives.

Yes nutters doesn't make sense....That was kind of funny

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hmmm, maybe "recruited" to do a mission but then lost his nerve. then uses insanity defense....

I mean to have an ak and grenades......
edit on 1-16-2015 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

History is written by the winners correct ? I 'm not buying the whole heartbreak story. If he was ready to kill, why not go after his ex lover, or her family for that matter (which is common place for that type of emotional reaction).

Instead he decided to take hostages in a post office ? Totally does not fit the narrative..those people are just lucky he had a conciensce and couldnt go through with it. Furthermore yesterday there was a thread regarding a large number of sleeper cells in europe ready to strike, coincidence ?

"You can fool some people sometimes, but you cant fool all the people, all the time"

You haven't fooled me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Apparently he had only a fake weapon, and no AK and no grenades. He called the police himself... I am sorry for you guys, no pop corn today.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
The name colombes should worry most people.

I thought exactly the same..I'm glad I'm not the only one..I noticed another poster ask why you mentioned this?.,I think Michael Tsarion would explain it better than I could..Columbia,District of Columbia,Columbus so on,Colombe is the French word for Dove and there is much occult meaning there,here is a link that should explain,might need scrolling through to find the relevant info..I know some may think this is a coincidence,but I don't really believe in them any more,plus we know better than that.

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

The "everything is a false flag" crowd have it seriously wrong with these Jihadists. The governments will go to ANY length to avoid admitting the failure of multiculturalism currently on display

"the failure of multiculturalism"

You can continue using every little event to express your xenophobia, or you can wake up and realise that NATO ,which means the US, France, the UK and many other countries, have silently declared a war to a whole region of the world and that the MSM in all these countries are accomplices. Every serious, independent and honest analyst is saying it. And you are just swallowing the "clash of civilisations" theory which is really just a pretext to attack those countries. Or maybe that's what you want ? Destroying everything that is not like you ?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
"I cannot confirm or deny whether it is linked to terrorism,"

...eh? Last I checked, anyone with more than one computer in their home was suspect of being 'linked to terrorism'

In the somewhat famous lyrics of Frank Zappa, "Broken hearts are for @ssholes," I believe the hostage taker has proven that point.

Guess I'm in trouble lol. I have five servers including a sun Unix box, seven desktop clients, three laptops and a half dozen android, ARM, TI, Intel and supercomputer development systems. Ohhhh nooooos....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

"the failure of multiculturalism"

You can continue using every little event to express your xenophobia,

Xenophobia? Nice try. I traveled to and/or lived in over 30 countries before I hit 30 (recently). My first overseas trip was to a place about as different from my home country as could possibly be, yet I studied the language before embarking, and immersed myself in the culture, language, history and food.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience, people and culture of every nation I have been to. I simply find the current assault on western people and culture unacceptable.

I would never dream of asserting my own culture over anothers, especially while in THEIR country. This is what pisses me off with all these Jihadi morons. Don't like the west? Then leave already!

There is more to this post office hostage guy than jilted lover. Did you hear about the numerous car attacks on Christmas markets around Europe in the days leading up to Christmas? Including the Glasgow garbage truck attack in which the media received a blackout order, and the names of the drivers are to be never released....

www.bbc.com... I'm sure the shouting of "Allahu Akbar" was just coincidence...

edit on 17-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: added link

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Proof that the U.S are in on the whole isis thing

- can land a rover on an asteroid billions of miles from earth but cant guide supplies to the kurds

- claimed `the war in afghanistan is over` when statistically the taliban have triple folded their attacks

- still will not directly say islamic terrorism, merely `extremism`

- over half the attacks like the axe attack, and the sydney one, they dont want to link it with islamic or isis, they call it `work place violence` even though the attackers were screaming allah akbar

- still obsessively say `no boots on the ground` way to go and give away your strategy live on air for the enemy!

- pulled out all the troops from iraq, which no doubt contributed massively to the build up of isis

- just last night released 5 guantanamo prisoners, and are continuing to do so (statistically almost half the released ones go right back into terrorism)

- during august when isis were murdering entire towns and civilisations, obama would say `thats so sad to hear we are with you`, and then hop back onto the golf course minutes later

- was the ONLY major western nation not to show up in paris during the sunday march

Now.. look at all that above, if it was just one or two of them you could put it down to laziness or slopiness, but its clear that the nieve attitude is deliberate, and there is clearly support of isis from the u.s government.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This may be real, which is what they want, they want conflict and fear, but they want to control it.
However it could also be staged, to create fear, conflict etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join