It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" says he lied.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

From your link:

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

I think young Mr. Malarkey might need to understand that the bible was written by man.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

This is his mother's blog:
amomonamission.blogspot.com...

She no longer posts there, but if you look over her old posts you will see that she and her son never supported this book. They've never said it was true.

Sad situation.

edit on 16-1-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I don't buy into this Afterlife stuff. It's sad for those who did and do though.

Why ? ... I do believe very much in afterlife .. why is this sad ? .. it don't feel sad in any way to me .. Am happy about it ..

Unless you meant, its sad for the ones who believed the boy .. Hoping thats what you meant .. but its not what you wrote.

Enjoy ...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

From your link:

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

I think young Mr. Malarkey might need to understand that the bible was written by man.

Yes, it was written by man. But Christians believe it is the inspired word of God.

Certainly prone to errors in interpretation, though.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
How do we know the `confession` is real and not just some atheist propeganda

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Lies need not be convincing when the audience already believes it possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well no #.....

This makes me smile so much.... a friend very close to me was always shoving this book down my throat and I skimmed through a few pages in what I thought was pure comedy...he swore it was real up and down...I should send him this. Thx for posting.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh, this is priceless.

I can't wait to talk to all the smug idiots that tried to get me to read this story.

Will I be equally as smug?

Yes, yes I will.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Two people have alluded to being "forced" to read this book and they didn't. What on earth is this about. No one forces anyone to read a book. This isn't a school text.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My Christian friends were all the rage about this... I kept my mouth shut.

I actually hope that this is true. validation for those of us without the gullibility factor on the 6 year old's story.

My point is sociographicreligiosity based in that, had the boy been raised in some other location or religion, his story would have been just as fabricated to meet his conditioning and desire for acceptance and love within the boundaries and teachings of that repetitive model.
edit on am131amFri, 16 Jan 2015 09:06:07 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

This just shows how gullible the religious folks are lol

When I first heard about all this I called bs on it and guess what????

I WAS RIGHT LOL

I love that I don't fall into these made up cash grabs. Atheism is a beautiful thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

Conning religious people is an age old tradition. Kind of like the low hanging fruit. They want so badly for their beliefs to be validated that they'll believe any old shuckster who comes along with an "interesting" story.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

isnt that what the movie "heaven is for real" was based on?

these people keep shooting themselves in the feet.

He concluded, "Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough."

yep. we will surely take your sage advice into consideration...after fact checking, of course. thanks for reminding us of why we do that.

edit on 16-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: snypwsd

Conning religious people is an age old tradition. Kind of like the low hanging fruit. They want so badly for their beliefs to be validated that they'll believe any old shuckster who comes along with an "interesting" story.

It's one of the reasons that Christian cults are so prevalent. I personally know a person that as a teenager was groomed to be a cult leader. At the height of his career he had 400 members of his cult and millions of dollars. He eventually started believing his own BS, started drinking and drugging, was indited for fraud and went to jail for awhile....he now sells tractors and is quite good at it.
Incidently he is the focus of one of my documentary short films and should hit the festival circuit this spring.

edit on 16-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Understood (I used to be one for about 15 years), but divine inspiration does not an infallable book create, especially considering the plethora of versions and translations.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Read this earlier, basically, the boy didn't get his cut of the money, so he is 'recanting' the 'whole thing' because 'reasons...' I think he had an experience, grew up, realized that other people were making money off of him, and he got upset. So now, in revenge for whatever ills, "it never happened..." Sure. If anyone really needed this kids story to help them in their faith, then they need more help than a book outside of the Bible can give.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

To me this ties in directly with my views about the spiritual make up of humans. I have stated in other threads that we have different spirits that all attach to us at different agas and this seems to fall in line with that. Is this not the classic case of growing up and forgetting what it was like when we were younger. My theory is that when we are 4or5 we are joined and when we are 12 or 13 we are joined again. It makes sense to me anyhow that over time the whole thing could become cloudy. It is the battle that we all have inside of us.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

This is his mother's blog:
amomonamission.blogspot.com...

She no longer posts there, but if you look over her old posts you will see that she and her son never supported this book. They've never said it was true.

Sad situation.

This is a nice addition to the background and supports their claim that it is a lie, thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”
― Mark Twain

Ouch!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

the last name...oh the irony...

new topics

top topics