It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cyber attack war games' to be staged by UK and US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The UK and US are to carry out "war game" cyber attacks on each other as part of a new joint defence against online criminals.
The first exercise, a staged attack on the financial sector, will take place later this year, Downing Street said.
The "unprecedented" arrangement between the two countries was announced as Prime Minister David Cameron held talks with US President Barack Obama.
Agents will also co-operate in "cyber cells" on both sides of the Atlantic.
Downing Street said the cells, involving MI5 and the FBI, were the first the UK had established with another country.

link

It has also said they are forming new anti cyber terror cells. On the surface this is a good idea but in reality we all know it has the potential to create a stink.

link

People weren't too convinced in the above thread regarding the Isis hack of the pentagon.

"They will say, "Trust us we are with the government and we are here to help secure your internet." For example.

On that thread I said
"1) this has been done to coincide with Obama's speech to 'confirm' that extra security and funding are necessary. More strict and powerful laws headed our way perhaps? (Well not my way personally but I'm sure the UK will follow the lead if it is so). Also more reason to attack ISIS."

This all seems very convienent for me. It could have been an emergency response to recent attacks but then again the plan could have been in place long ago. Could be yet another way to keep a watchful eye and control over the masses.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is all I can think of when I read the title:

What could be possibly go wrong with a little cyber war game.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The question on the tip of my tongue is; Who will win?
Place your bets!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

well if they are planning to attack each other's financial infrastructure I hope there are control measures in place. What happens if they are too successful?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RichAwake
The question on the tip of my tongue is; Who will win?
Place your bets!
the 'North Koreans'

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

the only winning move is not to play

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Makes me think of how many "terrorist attacks" happened during a drill!

I for one do not have much faith in this ponzischeme known as the western banking cabal.

Their worst fears have manifested in the form of BRICS, all western media continues to down play the significance of this however the petrodollar and everything that has been forced to rely on it, is facing a situation that has been unheard of since the inception of the FED.

I find this to be quite convenient in the sense that they can blame a cyber attack on anyone under the guise of anonymous as well as simply blame one of the BRICS nations, not hard to pick which of the two that would be (China/Russia)

It is going to be quite the year to partake up the evolution of our souls upon this planet!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My father spent his final days before he retired working in Kingston at the Canadian military's head quarters. The building he worked in had all these high powered computers and every month the building was strapped with razor wire, patrolled, and 50m no walk zone, except for people who worked in there.
He opening told me they did exercises and mock cyber attacks to keep the techies up to date.

I'm sure stuff like this has been happening all the time, just some journalist digging up some juicy story that's hot right now.
edit on 16-1-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join