It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family outraged after Miami police uses mugshot for target practice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i wonder how quickly a person would be labeled a domestic terrorist if said person was caught on their own property using pictures of policemen as target practice...mmm...seems double standards are becoming the norm

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
And I don't believe you were there either, yet you are taking the story hook, line and sinker.....

Based on the available evidence.

You are adding your own insinuations and suppositions.

As did the story in the OP. Like I said...the department also made a statement that they use all races and sexes in their target practice. This was simply a story that was used for inflammatory reasons because of all the "LEO killing blacks" stories in the news lately. The OP simply decided to omit that part of the story...shows enough bias for me to not think this was the only target in the range that was used.

I didn't electively omit that part of the story. I had previously been warned about posting too much of the stories I post, which prevented people from using free will and visiting the links. So I decided to post a small amount of the article and thought people could be grown up enough to read the whole story.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because snipers train for head shots for hostage situations....you train to immediately disable someones nervous system so they can't get a shot off....like if joe bad guy was behind a hostage with a gun.

As for sniper training and facial recognition ....that is certainly a part of training. They have to use pictures of someone... I find it very uncouth that they used real people from the area and then left them there. Id be upset too if I came across that. However for people questioning this...

Snipers have to train and often work by communication. Its like playing that game guess who at times where someone is describing what they see. You have to work on your descriptions of people. You could use live targets....volunteers etc to describe but that requires getting role players which isnt always easy.

Why not use pictures then of pedos, serial killers, politicians or justin beiber?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because snipers train for head shots for hostage situations....you train to immediately disable someones nervous system so they can't get a shot off....like if joe bad guy was behind a hostage with a gun.

As for sniper training and facial recognition ....that is certainly a part of training. They have to use pictures of someone... I find it very uncouth that they used real people from the area and then left them there. Id be upset too if I came across that. However for people questioning this...

Snipers have to train and often work by communication. Its like playing that game guess who at times where someone is describing what they see. You have to work on your descriptions of people. You could use live targets....volunteers etc to describe but that requires getting role players which isnt always easy.

Why not use pictures then of pedos, serial killers, politicians or justin beiber?

Im sure they do...most departments can just load up photos by criteria....it helps with photo linesups...so for example they may have wanted 6 guys that look similar to make the observers really work at identifying the right guy...

So maybe they typed in some parameters and the computer auto generated several random people. I don't see what it matters who they generate...it shoudl be them cleaning up after they are done training.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

2015 won't be the collapse of the system. It will be the beginning of the collapse. Expect that the collapse to actually occur closer to 2016-2017 when other aspects come into play along side Saturn in Sag.

Ed Dames claims that there won't be another presidential election, if you buy that. I find his theories interesting and try to correlate them with astrological data. But the stranger aspect is his tie to the CIA, misinformation central. So, is he hiding the plan in plain sight or is he kicking out disinfo.?

Based on my own research, we are in for a rough ride for the next 3-5+ years.

Regardless of what's coming, using mugshots for target practice sends a clear message of that community. I wonder how many other police stations have done similar things.
edit on 18-1-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Anyafaj

If those police came across a shooting range using these do you think they might have an issue with it?

I think you have a wonderful business idea. Not only faceless silhouettes, but pics of recent "heroes". I can think of a dozen off hand. Given the non-stop self-nomination of various LEOs, you could have new pics every month.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join