It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negligent Discharge: Time to Talk About Gun Safety

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: j1776d

Nope. I knew the cop, we went inside and drank coffee and left the CYS people freezing on my front porch, while we discussed the differences between my 9mm and his .40 S&W.

A few months later the CYS worker was fired, when it was discovered that she had a new born taken from it's mother because she had a grudge against the mother from high school.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The feds have already started disarming many Americans in North Carolina. The latest was a case so exposed that the local news media had no choice but to expose the gun grab case. myfox8.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I absolutely agree with your assessment of firearms safety and the pure carelessness involved in these deaths. Though, I do suspect that the old "I was cleaning it and it just went off, officer. I can't believe I killed my spouse" line is delivered with a wink and a nod and a life insurance payoff.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that firearms should be left or stored in any place accessible to children. And neither should they be stored loaded unless meant for rapid emergency access.
There are plenty of easy-access safety storage options which prohibit children from obtaining the weapon. From lock boxes that mount to the bottom of a bed frame and require a 4 button sequence to open, or even personal biometrics, to safes with fingerprint readers that can be opened in seconds.
And anyone who attempts to clean a weapon without clearing and stripping it first kind of deserves to take themselves out of the general pool. But not anyone else.

<< 1  2   >>

join