It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Information About Christopher Cornell's Past...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Found this information from the NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, WLWT.

Before Cornell was ever on the radar of FBI agents, he held a sign in protest at a Sept. 11 memorial in Green Township.

"There was one, one disgruntled person in the audience while I was giving a speech," said Rocky Boiman, who was a Green Township trustee at the time. "He was holding a sign that said something to the effect that Sept. 11 was an inside job."

Green Township police now say that man was Cornell.

"I realize you always have the right to protest, there’s a right to free speech and stuff, but the timing of that was certainly inappropriate," Boiman said.

Before his arrest Wednesday, Cornell told an FBI informant they should "wage jihad," and showed his plans for bombing the Capitol and shooting people, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

The complaint alleges that an FBI informant began supplying agents with details about Cornell last year. The informant and Cornell first began communicating through Twitter in August 2014 and then through an instant messaging platform separate from Twitter, according to the complaint.

The two met several times to discuss details of their planned attack. Cornell told the informant at the November meeting that he considered the members of Congress as enemies and that he intended to conduct an attack on the Capitol, according to the complaint.

So, it wasn't Twitter that raised their suspicions, but an FBI Informant that started supplying information LAST SUMMER?

Also, thought it was interesting they also released this bit of information about his past, shortly after his parents were interviewed:

As a juvenile, Cornell was arrested on two domestic violence charges. At 14, a police report said he shoved his mother down and kicked his father in the stomach.

Umm, since when did they start releasing JUVENILE RECORDS to the media? WTF??

Source:

WLWT News 5

Disclaimer: I have no bad feelings for this guy, and if he is in fact found guilty as charged? Throw him in jail to rot.

With that said, what I do find a bit disturbing is the MEDIA angle on all of this...The way they're reporting about Christopher Cornell's past. What does having an arrest after an apparent tantrum at age 14 have to do with THIS? WHY was that information released and who released it?

How can they be SO sure that he was the one protesting a 9/11 ceremony near his home in Butler County? Holding up a sign saying "9/11 Was an Inside Job" is not terrorism...Millions of people feel the same way, btw. WHAT is the POINT of bringing it up and mixing it in with his latest actions?? To incite more anger and hate in the community and in the media??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Obviously a terrorist.

He "carried a sign".

Chewed gum in class.

Spit on a sidewalk (the worst offense).

No need for further investigation or trial.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I forgot about the Patriot Act. In reality, as a "terrorist" the guy may not even get a trial. So maybe that's why it is ok to release his juvenile records to the media? More like that is the only "record" this guy has.

Sounds like he has a history of mental illness, IMHO. Just look at that mug shot...The hair and that beard! Jihadist in the flesh.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Convenient reporting NBC

Imagine that, holding a sign that says 9/11 was an inside job

Subtle programming to make conspiracy theorists into terrorists.

What a s### show!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Misread!
edit on 15-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's an example of the local news reporting and the differences in what is being said about Cornell:

The Sheriff of Butler County, where Cornell is being held, did an interview with Fox 19...Here's what he had to say about people like Cornell:

The sheriff said the case shows there are no boundaries when it comes to terror. He took to his Twitter account Thursday to urge the public to be "vigilant to what u see or here (sic) around you." He also Tweeted: "Anything that u c (sic) on social media that talks about doing harm to a person or our country should b (sic) reported to the police."

"This guy went to a regular school," the sheriff told FOX19 NOW. "He's a regular guy and these are the people who will do bizarre things like these school shootings," he said. "You can never underestimate what these people are doing. This guy made a mistake and you'll find out what that mistake was in court, but we are very fortunate the FBI got him."

Source: Fox 19

Local 12 WKRC-TV (CBS affiliate) posted an article which included a statement from Cornell's former high school, Oak Hills High School in Cincinnati.

Principal John Stoddard said, "Christopher Cornell was a 2012 graduate of Oak Hills High School. During his time at Oak Hills High School,he was a typical student. Christopher was not a disruption or a discipline problem in school. His teachers were shocked at the news of his involvement in this situation. Teachers at Oak Hills High School remember Christopher as a quiet, but not overly reserved, student who would participate in class and did not withdraw from his class work."

Source: Local 12 WKRC-TV

So here we've got the Butler County Sheriff Jones stating, in an interview, that Cornell is the type to "do bizarre things, like these school shootings" and then you have the opinion from the ACTUAL TEACHERS and the Principal from the school Cornell ACTUALLY graduated from in 2012, stating the exact opposite.

WTF?????????

Again, like I said, if he is guilty of planning to carry out a terror attack on anyone, then throw the book at him. But, the reporting on this story is all over the place, and that is my concern. He's an alleged terrorist, but now being called the type to commit school shootings? The ONLY real history on this guy is an arrest at age 14 and that he allegedly held up a sign at a 9/11 ceremony?

What happened to this guy in the last couple of years that made him snap? I'm interested in that angle of this story, the Who, What, When, Where and Why of HOW he went from a quiet student, who was involved in school, who had friends, etc. to an alleged terror plotting Jihadist.

He's the same age as my daughter, and I consider her to still be a "kid" even though she is an adult in the eyes of the law...She's still a kid to me though.

I'd just really like to know HOW he was sucked into this mess in the first place (seems there is evidence he did have conversations with people from "overseas" according to multiple articles) where did the tipping point come from? Are these ISIS types THAT GOOD at brainwashing kids like Cornell to wage Jihad for them? Or is it something else that made him snap? I wonder if we will ever know...

His father, mother, teachers, and friends all seem to be surprised by all of this. His father did say Cornell admitted to converting to Islam a few weeks ago (which doesn't make you a terrorist, btw) but other than that he seems as shocked as the rest of the people who knew Cornell.

Again (I cannot believe I feel I have to post this every time I post on this topic) I DO NOT SUPPORT Cornell or his intentions and if he is in fact found to be guilty of planning terror attacks, then lock him up. I am just interested in the way this story is being reported in the media and how he came to be involved in this mess to begin with.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sounds like he has a history of mental illness, IMHO. Just look at that mug shot...The hair and that beard! Jihadist in the flesh.

You got that from a picture? Maybe you can get a job at DHS no telling how many lives you can save just by stairing at Facebook all day.
edit on 15-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

You got that from a picture? Maybe you can get a job at DHS no telling how many lives you can save just by stairing at Facebook all day.

Jesus, you obviously missed the (blatant) sarcasm there pal...And it's pretty obvious you haven't read much of the thread, but took one (sarcastic) portion to complain about. Which, unfortunately, is all too common on ATS lately.

What the heck is STAIRING anyway? Here's a thought, if you're going to attempt to troll a thread, at least learn how to spell correctly.

edit on 15-1-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
When I first saw this thread, I thought that the singer from Soundgarden was the subject!

Whoops.

Carry on!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
He carried a sign saying 9/11 was an inside job . Half of ATS can expect a knock on the door at 3 AM i suppose .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

What happened to him? An FBI agent contacted him and put some bad ideas in his head, more than likely.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

If having hair and a beard is evidence of mental health issues, or an indicator of terroristic tendency, then I am in bad shape.

Negotiator : So, what are your demands.

Me: A case of ale, not lager, ale, a bottle of rum, and everyone in this city needs to turn on their amplifier systems, and get their thrash on for exactly one hour. Do it, or the pop section of HMV gets it! I had better hear at least a blocks worth of wailing guitar solos in half an hour, or so help me God, the latest Miley Cyrus records will be first to go!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

you obviously missed the (blatant) sarcasm there pal.

And so did you pal

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

This is according to a Butler County (Ohio) Trustee and occurred in 2013.

Since Cornell was not verbally disruptive, he was not arrested.

Since the man wasn't arrested, how can they be 100% sure it was him? Millions of people all over the world feel the same way. Even if it was him, WTF does that have to do with the situation at hand? Does protesting or not agreeing with the OS of 9/11 make one a terror suspect now?

The local media is looking for anything they can in order to paint this kid as a full-blown, home grown terrorist. Heck, maybe he is but how can a trustee be certain that Cornell was the one holding a sign?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I saw an interview with a student/friend of his, and he was describing how over the past year or so, he had become a very different person and started with anti-government rhetoric and the like.

I live in the greater Cincinnati area, so I watch WLWT and Fox19 and WKRC and WCPO on a regular basis, and they're all leading off with this story.

Personally, just like with the Treyvon Martin incident and Mike Brown incident, I think it's worth telling if there is some sort of violent past or questionable behavior of the suspect, especially when their parents are on TV talking about how great he was and how he couldn't hurt a fly. It gives a more complete picture of the individual--and they all need to be looked at as individuals, and not considered as "one of them."

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Since the man wasn't arrested, how can they be 100% sure it was him? Millions of people all over the world feel the same way. Even if it was him, WTF does that have to do with the situation at hand? Does protesting or not agreeing with the OS of 9/11 make one a terror suspect now?

Well, no, it doesn't, but it does take a certain type of fanatacism about that topic in order to write up a sign and be, apparently, the only protestor at a 9/11 commemoration ceremony. I have my own questions about some of the aspects of 9/11, but not to the point that this guy apparently did. You must have some intense convictions to be a lone protestor.

originally posted by: lovebeck
Heck, maybe he is but how can a trustee be certain that Cornell was the one holding a sign?

Well, there is a picture of him holding the sign...hopefully you're not implying that this image is a fabrication:

Someone really should get that kid a thicker marker.

Also, just put up a few minutes ago on WLWT, bond has been denied for him.
edit on 16-1-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The majority of americans see congress as the enemy and are planning attacks on them everytime the americans cast a vote. I wonder if it is the fbi who is interceptiong the attacks by voting too? Someone is because it is a sham and so far there is no information put forth against cris that is worthy of jail time. He owns guns paid for by the us government. He is tired of congress telling the people one thing and then getting elected and doing another.

Without the intervention of the fbi he would still be eating raman noodles and cussing fox news.

I got news for you all.

We are all chris cornell

Just what exactly would be the plan of a well armed militia that decided to take back our government?

At the very least if anyone is not gonna see this for what it is then do not spread any more of your retoric of the gov. is crooked and such.

The big question is what came first the fbi or the so called plan he supposedly had?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Nice catch...And I agree w/the marker. I don't have cable nor do I even have an antenna that works to pick up the local channels, so I all get is online. I hate to watch the news anyhow...it's depressing and half the time what they're "reporting" has a whole other side that never gets reported.

However, the fact that he put "The Free Masons Were Behind It" pretty much confirms my suspicions that the kid is suffering from some sort of mental illness...Likely some type of Schizophrenia or Schizo-Affective disorder. He could even be depressed or bipolar, who knows.

Most males have their first psychotic break in their late teens to early 20's...

To go from a well liked, quiet kid to this in like a year?? Something's gotta be behind it, IMHO. More than hating your country and harboring feelings of hate and terrorism and the like or getting in contact with the wrong people, whether they are in the US or abroad. Perfect type to get pulled into a mess like this if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I doubt we will ever know. I was surprised at his charges, actually. But, then again, I don't know the ins and outs of the law and what all the Patriot Act says about talking about, planning or even thinking about carrying out acts of terrorism.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

i am pretty sure it says that they can do whatever the hell they want. All in the name of security. Meaning the ole resonable suspicion has been extended to include indefinite detention without justified reason or cause. They do not actually have to file any charges. They can go in each day and fill out a paper that says suspect has not yet givin the information they believe he is holding.

<<   2 >>

join