It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama approved sonic booming in Atlantic ocean.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

My sincere apologies then.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
a reply to: Granite

Wow again, You believe in evolution? Why should humans be aloud to change another creatures life, just because we can? This makes me think of a few really bad ideas from men on this planet that involved other humans lives and it didn't work out so hot for the other humans. Why should we be aloud to do it again? Do you feel that you are more superior to these over 100,000 creatures?

Star

Does a wolf who kills a family of rabbits not change the life of those rabbits?

If the police stood down and quit their jobs, you would see humanity become the primal animals we truly are.
edit on 15-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Funny that you mentioned wolves, man once took them almost to extinction and the rats and mice populations grew by leaps and bounds, only then did we understand that if we kill off one species on this planet it does in fact change things on this planet.

I only believe in killing an animal for food if there is absolutely no other food to eat. And only if all of the animal would be ate and nothing wasted.

Come on guys, don't you see this is a bad thing?

Star

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Tsunami time! Surf's up.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If a creature can't survive a loud 'boom' then I think it is time for evolution to go back to work. The process they have approved is minimally invasive.

Not the boom but the shock-waves is what the problem is.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

Maybe an obvious answer to all those strange sonic booms heard all across merica and else where at the moment.

The thought crossed my mind as well when I read the OP, its more plausible than UFO's.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I concur with what you wrote.

Blaming Obama for this would be like blaming Michael Buffer for what happens in the ring.

Clearly the oil cartel can rig the game in their favor.
edit on 15-1-2015 by jrod because: nc

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That is not true.

This can damage whale's ears and the truth is we do not really know how seismic sounding affects the ecosystem.

We need to stop exploit out planet and her ecosystem for human profit. There are better ways to produce energy.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Thank you Jrod, yes there are better ways to produce energy, the government has the back door key to the patent office so why don't they spend the money they are planning on spending on killing hundreds of thousands of creatures and put that money to better use by finding us Americans a better energy source.

Star

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Oil and Gas Sonic Cannons Murder Millions of Sea Creatures

On July 16, the Obama administration approved the use of sonic cannons in the Western Atlantic Ocean. Millions of sea creatures will be senselessly killed by incessant sonic booms along the eastern U.S. seaboard as Big Oil scavenges for more heat-trapping gases.

Orca Peru scientists found that the dolphins and porpoises they examined exhibited bleeding in their middle ears as well as fractured skulls. In addition, lungs, livers, stomachs, bladders, skin, spleens and blubber all displayed gas bubbles. Those bubbles caused a mass destruction of tissues. In scientific parlance they revealed acute pulmonary emphysema, or, what scuba divers know and fear as decompression sickness, or, the bends. There was no evidence whatsoever of morbillivirus in any of the 30 necropsies.

I'm pretty sure this is what they're referring to. As for whether it's true or not, who knows? I'm pretty sure the left would say anything to stop the oil agenda. Just like the right will say anything to see it continued.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am sorry but did you actually go to the link I provided in my OP? Take a look at the video from Jun 20, 2008.

www.democraticunderground.com...

Star

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes....not sure what to make of the article, anyone with the ability to think for themselves can sense how this is detrimental to the ecosystems and I do believe there is a correlation to events like mass whale beachings and this kind of seismic sounding.

Not much we can do do stop this, unless you want to be labeled an 'eco-terrorist'.

I can only hope that my generation and future generations will wake up as a society and learn to protect the environment.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

There has to be something that can be done about this and not be labeled a eco terrorist. I plan to write an email to the president, I doubt it will result in a change of mind.

I also hope that mankind will smarten up and stop hurting this planet. It is a living entity.

Star

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
I am really upset about this one. Obama approves sonic booming to find oil in the Atlantic Ocean from the states of Florida up to Delaware. It is the republicans that asked him to do this. One of the republicans is G.W Bush. Yes our president. He doesn't need any more money. This action is going to hurt over 100,000 animals including a whale that is on the extinction list. You can read more about this here.

Please let me know what you all think about this.
Star

I have to wonder whether this surprises you.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Actually, the only time it is appropriate to refer to someone that has been President as "former" is after they have died; otherwise, they are still referred to as President though they are not the acting President.

Without a secondary source, this sounds like political rhetoric. Its coming from a political site that may have twisted the truth to fit their agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am so very sorry to hear this, once they make these back room deals it is game over, a done deal, only a matter of time.

I guess after the Devastating BP disaster, this was the obvious road to take, after all the disaster has already started a snowball effect that will demolish the eco system as we know it, as God intended.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I dont know..What would you rather see done.?
Fracking or Sonic Booming in your own back Yard or Fracking/Booming in a foreign back yard.

A Back Yard where your president sent in troops on the premiss/lie that the Leader of said "foreign Back yard" is a bad man and that country needed some Western style democracy..???

What's it to be..?

Ps..Remember The US Like most other Western Countries is running on empty as far as the once mighty $ goes.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just need to stop the greed...

My brother works on oil rigs in the med, on average every few years they find a 'hole' with aprox 100-200 years worth of Oil for the enitire planets current consumtion.

The energy companies simply put a 'plug' in the case and move on to the next site. With the oil spots closed up the price of oil goes up, then eventually in about 10-50 years they will open one up for a bit then close again. Always making sure the current level of fuel is low so the price is high.

For instance my brother was on the rig that found this one ....

In December 2011 Noble announced a successful well offshore Cyprus in a field estimated to hold at least 7 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

The New Mediterranean Oil and Gas Bonanza

Energy isnt the issue, greed is. As far what I see, we have plenty to go around.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The guidelines are meant to protect endangered whales and other creatures from the loud noises and increased vessel traffic

Your own source.

What, exactly, is the issue here?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
All this while mainstream scientists around the world declare almost a "state of emergency" due to the horrifying data they are seeing in marine populations [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/scie nce/earth/study-raises-alarm-for-health-of-ocean-life.html?_r=0]Ocean Life in Danger (from Xuenchen's post, found here

Absolutely Sickening. What a total shame

edit on 16-1-2015 by FamCore because:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join