It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
If the United States wants to move into a better place in the future we need to start operating as a unit. We need to set aside politics and social issues and figure out a way to start working together again as a family.

We are preoccupied by who makes more money, who is more intelligent, whos in better shape and who has the nicest house or the newest car. We have forgotten family values, and the values that built this nation into what it became. We forgot how to work hard, police the communities, watch out for one another. Our cities are dieing, small business is dead, families are destroying themselves for selfish materialism. We need to forget everything we here and see in the mainstream media and start working on our communities.

Welcome to the great society that LBJ inaugurated in the 60's the chicken have come home to roost frome the fragmenting of the family under that social engineering.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Everything is perfectly fine in America! Hah.

The world is a perfect loving harmonious place!
edit on 1/16/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I used to feel this way too...that we needed to work together. But i don't anymore. Not after what I've seen in the last decade or three.

I don't want to work together with some of the haters and creeps and bigots and zealots and racists and greedy and screechy and illogical and judgey and willfully ignorant people I've seen come out of the woodwork.

Hell I don't even want to be in the same room as them. I think many of them would kill me for saying what I believe, so I say nothing and just move away. Truly, it's all getting far too ugly for me.

So I guess I'll just use them as an example of what to try not to be and keep working and living with the people who actually want to cooperate and create something good or help people and try to stay away whenever possible from the ones who really don't.

Sad but true. I really don't want to know some of you. And I'm sure you probably feel the same way about me. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I agree. That will take the end of the "us" versus "them" paradigm and all of it's particular manifestations (a sh*t ton to put it lightly) - that ain't going away any time soon. Not just in America - but the entire world. And, in case you haven't noticed, "us" versus "them" is boiling into all sorts of actual warfare (from the mental to the physical to both). And it's really just started in seriousness - with the digital age IMO (because we can't ignore things as easily as we once could). Discord everywhere.

I currently believe that the human race is much too young, still, to even begin to walk on that kind of path - if at all.

But - I DO currently believe that we are directly experiencing a turn of ages - transitioning from a dead world into a new one. Well... pseudo-intellectual feeling aside (lol) - it's going to take a long time and it wont be in our life time that's for sure IMO.

But - maybe someday!

Interesting time to be alive though.
edit on 16-1-2015 by Floydshayvious because: boop

edit on 16-1-2015 by Floydshayvious because: doop

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join