It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

gothamist.com...

Apparently not.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The country is about to launch into a civil war over maurijuana are you kidding me? the social divide is growing constantly and we are about to fall into a new cast system if we dont figure out of this economic disaster we create with NAFTA.

Are you getting paid to say this?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: markosity1973

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' - weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

you listen to the media too much if you think what happened to you was race related....much more like a guy didnt like the look of was likely drunk and was going to have a go for the hell of it....tell me where in sydney did this happen ?

and to the OP yes everyone in the whole world needs to work together not just the USA

Horse #. If you honestly believe there aren't neighborhoods around that don't welcome outsiders, for any number of reasons including race, you're not paying enough attention.

In Sydney? No clue, never been there. In the US, absolutely.

we have areas in australia that have large ethnic populations but not bad enough that you cannot go there....the other poster who i replied to is completely full of #.....the US is a very different place to australia and i am sure there are many places that are no go zones

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah try going onto the wrong Native reservation or going into the Badlands in Philly or why not take your date out on the town in camden no big deal. Hell id even go to Detroit why not everyone there is so nice in my fantasy world.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

The country is about to launch into a civil war over maurijuana are you kidding me? the social divide is growing constantly and we are about to fall into a new cast system if we dont figure out of this economic disaster we create with NAFTA.

Are you getting paid to say this?

Sure. A civil war over pot. Um.... probably not.

Paranoia is a side effect of smoking too much weed btw.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ahhhh! Good one yeah!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

What are you talking about what happened in Sydney? That's Australia, not America.

I stand by my original post. Your anecdotal impressions are wrong.

99.9% of blacks get along with whites. The U.S. has hundreds of large cities. We see the rare incidents.

It's an incredibly distorted view of the U.S. to think that we're divided. There's not much difference between the political parties.

There's almost zero class warfare. Maybe grumblings over a beer.

Where are the protests now? Everybody's back to getting along.

I have one city name for you;

Detroit

We ain't got nothing anywhere near as bad and scary here.

In fact, here is a list of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world by murder rate. The US of A has a few in there. Pretty good for a perfectly harmonious society.

Notably missing from the list is Canada, England, New Zealand and Australia.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A lobotomized monkey could make more accurate observations.

(im not talking about you btw)
edit on 1/15/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' - weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

you listen to the media too much if you think what happened to you was race related....much more like a guy didnt like the look of was likely drunk and was going to have a go for the hell of it....tell me where in sydney did this happen ?

and to the OP yes everyone in the whole world needs to work together not just the USA

Wow, interesting logic. Listening to the NEWS means that my experience was over imagined.

Okay, I'll tell you where I was, we accidentally walked through a Muslim neighbourhood. I'm not from Sydney so I don't know the name of the suburb, but we were walking down a main road, saw a train station sign and turned down a side road to get to it.

Neither of us said a word to these people. I tried to smile at them, but they were not interested. They were clearly unhappy that we had walked into 'their turf' I was actually thirsty and was going to go into a shop and spend money with them, but the looks on their faces told me that it would not be a good idea.

so you cannot even tell me where you were.....here let me help you out there is only 1 predominant muslim area in near the city of sydney there isnt a muslim area inside the city,there is a china town however......the only muslim area close to the city is a place called brighton le sands and it is surrounded suburbs...i have spent enough time in these areas to know that they are not dangerous to outsiders...no more dangerous than anywhere else....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They are living in fantasy worlds if they think 99.9% of people get along thats totally insane.

What percentage do you claim don't get along?

Do you have data or anything to support it?

Or is this just a rant from your own personal perspective? What percentage of the people in YOUR world do you get along with? We can start there and extrapolate.

You threw out 99.9% first. Do YOU have any data to support that?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hes making up facts and deflecting at all cost then resorting to ad homniem attacks.

Its a joke. Paid shill.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Horse #. If you honestly believe there aren't neighborhoods around that don't welcome outsiders, for any number of reasons including race, you're not paying enough attention.

In Sydney? No clue, never been there. In the US, absolutely.

we have areas in australia that have large ethnic populations but not bad enough that you cannot go there....the other poster who i replied to is completely full of #.....the US is a very different place to australia and i am sure there are many places that are no go zones

Ah okay. At first blush it appeared you were making a blanket statement. As I said, I can't speak to Sydney on anything, so I apologize for my confusion.

Thanks for the clarification

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

A lobotomized monkey could make more accurate observations.

(im not talking about you btw)

you views are so skewed i would think that statement is about yourself... you stick your fingers in your ears and sing lalala if you get anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint.....

Yeah try going onto the wrong Native reservation or going into the Badlands in Philly or why not take your date out on the town in camden no big deal. Hell id even go to Detroit why not everyone there is so nice in my fantasy world.

australia is not america....do you understand this ?
edit on 15-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Wow, interesting logic. Listening to the NEWS means that my experience was over imagined.

Okay, I'll tell you where I was, we accidentally walked through a Muslim neighbourhood. I'm not from Sydney so I don't know the name of the suburb, but we were walking down a main road, saw a train station sign and turned down a side road to get to it.

Neither of us said a word to these people. I tried to smile at them, but they were not interested. They were clearly unhappy that we had walked into 'their turf' I was actually thirsty and was going to go into a shop and spend money with them, but the looks on their faces told me that it would not be a good idea.

so you cannot even tell me where you were.....here let me help you out there is only 1 predominant muslim area in near the city of sydney there isnt a muslim area inside the city,there is a china town however......the only muslim area close to the city is a place called brighton le sands and it is surrounded suburbs...i have spent enough time in these areas to know that they are not dangerous to outsiders...no more dangerous than anywhere else....

Oh dear, you really want to do this?

I wasn't in down town sydney for a start I'm not that naive and stupid, I was in the burbs. We had gotten off the train and I was wandering down some main road looking at car yards. we had walked a long way from the station we had gotten off at I saw another train station sign.

This thread is about unity. I was illustrating that while my life was not in danger, I was made to feel very unwelcome for just walking into a neighbourhood. That is not unity - everywhere else we went we were left well alone, except for at all the other train stations where I learned that Sydneysiders, like Melburnians love to have bit of a chat with strangers.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

did you read his perspective or are you just daddying me?

its complete nonsense and anyone with half a brain in their head can figure that out.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about what happened in Sydney? That's Australia, not America.

I stand by my original post. Your anecdotal impressions are wrong.

99.9% of blacks get along with whites. The U.S. has hundreds of large cities. We see the rare incidents.

It's an incredibly distorted view of the U.S. to think that we're divided. There's not much difference between the political parties.

There's almost zero class warfare. Maybe grumblings over a beer.

Where are the protests now? Everybody's back to getting along.

I have one city name for you;

Detroit

We ain't got nothing anywhere near as bad and scary here.

In fact, here is a list of the top 50 most dangerous cities in the world by murder rate. The US of A has a few in there. Pretty good for a perfectly harmonious society.

Notably missing from the list is Canada, England, New Zealand and Australia.

So the U.S. has four cities out of the top 50 most dangerous cities as ranked by murder rate: Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, and St. Louis. The murder rate in Detroit is 46/100,000, or 0.05%.

The remaining 200+ cities in the U.S. are not on the list. And the crime in the cities isn't because America is divided, it's for the most part drug dealers shooting each other and stealing their cash.

What was your point you were trying to make?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The country is about to launch into a civil war over maurijuana

Do you honestly believe that?

If people in this country are more concerned about weed then the more important issues I'm not seeing it.

Can you imagine a bunch of stoners trying to plan a war. Lol

Gen. Stoner: men today is the day we were.. Um.. Jimmy you were suppose to bring the pringles.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Tell that to the millions of people who have served jail time over it. Tell that to the DEA, FBI and other agencies actively involved in the thousands of raids happening on houses everyday over victimless crimes. Tell that to everyones dog whos been getting shot. Tell that to all of the people who got shot and killed while being arrest for this plant. Tell that to people serving life sentences over the plant. Tell that to Oklahoma since they believe they have the authority to govern Colorados laws.

These stoners happen to be a group of highly intellectual entrepreneurs and the driving force behind the economies in the states its legal ein.

Seems to me like the stoners are winning. Seems to me like your still trolling and touting off ilogical perspectives because you didnt like the title of a thread i made however long ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

They are living in fantasy worlds if they think 99.9% of people get along thats totally insane.

What percentage do you claim don't get along?

Do you have data or anything to support it?

Or is this just a rant from your own personal perspective? What percentage of the people in YOUR world do you get along with? We can start there and extrapolate.

You threw out 99.9% first. Do YOU have any data to support that?

What criteria do you think would be a valid measurement?

Since you posted a photo and story of a protest, how about that?

Do a Google search on protests. What did you find? 2 today? Washington and Boston? A few hundred people at each protest, max?

U.S. population... 300,000,000 million?

99.9% getting along? That leaves room for 300,000 fighting with each other or protesting or whatever today.

Where is this massive division that you claim?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Interesting I'm sitting in my yard in AZ. medicating and I have not been shot.

But anyway our disagreement on this tiny issue is proof why your op is a pipe dream, people will never come together and agree on every issue.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join