It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Yea, 'cuz everybody knows those First Nations were all about peace love and happiness brah, amiright?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: markosity1973
This is just a theory, but having seen all of your race riots from afar, and noticing how America keeps upping the tension on Russia, how much of this division is being funded by Mr Putin?

Great point and i think thats a topic we need to look into, care to start the discussion?

Oaky, I do not know how legitimate this source is so, it is a case of the reader needs to form their own opinion, but here's an article that supports my theory.

It's basically asking how these protest groups are so organised and ready at a moment's notice and points out how it is likely part of a propaganda war, given that Al Jazeera and Russia Today have a field day with coverage of these events. It also cites several groups I've never heard of that are supposedly exactly what I am talking about.

Here in OZ we see them and are like 'wow', but it's only a small part of our news coverage - not some bloated crazyfest that journos feed off for days
edit on 15-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Mostly, Yes.

Certainly moreso than the invaders of the last 400 years.

They did survive in North America, or whatever they called it, for 1000s of years you know.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Your entire premise is false.

The people in the United States work together every day, with more diversity than any country in the world.

Try turning off your television and internet, and just walking around your city or neighborhood.

Everybody is working together. 99.9% of the people have no problems working together.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Sounds like the Human Species has another 25000 years to go before anything happens.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Enh. I disagree. Some tribes were known to be very warlike. Others weren't. Just like countries today. The osages were widely regarded as warlike. The Iroquois confederacy wiped out tribes in pursuit of furs. And that's just in recorded history.

Who knows what happened before anybody landed here? Who knows how many wars and battles were fought? Who knows how many were killed?

I will grant that not all tribes were running around picking fights, but not all tribes were besties either. Unless you've got sources that'll back up the claim that the natives were all running around in peace for "thousands" of years before whites got here, we'll agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

The people in the United States work together every day, with more diversity than any country in the world.

Try turning off your television and internet, and just walking around your city or neighborhood.

Everybody is working together. 99.9% of the people have no problems working together.

I agree despite not being an American. It's the goal people are working towards, it should be about creating a robot driven society so everyone can have cheap food and clothes, for starters. Instead of filling one's own bank account as much as possible in the least amount of time. The president recently made a good point in saying everyone should need to learn how to code. He should have made it a law though or it should be mandatory in schools. Americans have the best chance of creating a paradise on Earth where robots do the bulk of the work and everyone has a lot of free time, which can easily be filled with things like taking care for the elderly. Who happen to have a lot of money, if only it would all come together so millions don't lose their jobs the coming years.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

As a man with half of his family being first nations people.......

May I speak for the majority of us when i say......

Take your bigoted racial crap and # IT back over seas........

Havent you heard? We have fought in every war that has been on this soil since Europeans came to this country, along side people of the nation. We are as much a part of this country as any "red blooded" American/European....

I can also guarantee you none of us want anyone to forsake their religious or non religious beliefs......

Thats called intolerance.......

Sell it somewhere else, it has no place here and it has no place with first nations people.
edit on Fri Jan 16 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well, not entirely actually. We have had several in depth news reports that looked into the deep racial division within America. It was brought about by all the race riots in Fergusson. The African American people they got on camera certainly seemed to disagree with the above statement.

Yes and no. Your people work together, but Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are but a few countries I can mention that have the same diversity.

Almost everybody is working together. Have you ever hopped off the subway in the wrong neighbourhood? Have you ever felt the piercing stares from the people because you obviously don't belong there? Have you ever been verbally abused?

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. Everyone else just stared us down as we walked through. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' . It was very awkward and weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Well clearly the issue is you didn't ask them to work with you on something. Maybe if you had asked them to work on cleaning up litter with you, the one fella woulda been all like "hey I'm part of the 99.9%, sure I'll help!"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' - weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

you listen to the media too much if you think what happened to you was race related....much more like a guy didnt like the look of was likely drunk and was going to have a go for the hell of it....tell me where in sydney did this happen ?

and to the OP yes everyone in the whole world needs to work together not just the USA

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As long as we put celebrating our differences first good luck trying to find a true level of cooperation.

We need a return to the idea of making what we have in common the driving theme.

Personally i am glad to see our mega cities die, they are nothing but a nest of hatred and intolerance in my experience.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Irishhaf because: forgot a word

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' - weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

you listen to the media too much if you think what happened to you was race related....much more like a guy didnt like the look of was likely drunk and was going to have a go for the hell of it....tell me where in sydney did this happen ?

and to the OP yes everyone in the whole world needs to work together not just the USA

Horse #. If you honestly believe there aren't neighborhoods around that don't welcome outsiders, for any number of reasons including race, you're not paying enough attention.

In Sydney? No clue, never been there. In the US, absolutely.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hes obviously never been in a bad neighborhood is what 50% of all cities are composed of.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow, interesting logic. Listening to the NEWS means that my experience was over imagined.

Okay, I'll tell you where I was, we accidentally walked through a Muslim neighbourhood. I'm not from Sydney so I don't know the name of the suburb, but we were walking down a main road, saw a train station sign and turned down a side road to get to it.

Neither of us said a word to these people. I tried to smile at them, but they were not interested. They were clearly unhappy that we had walked into 'their turf' I was actually thirsty and was going to go into a shop and spend money with them, but the looks on their faces told me that it would not be a good idea.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

They are living in fantasy worlds if they think 99.9% of people get along thats totally insane.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hes obviously never been in a bad neighborhood is what 50% of all cities are composed of.

Exactly - these 'bad' neighbourhoods are unwelcoming to outsiders and you have just graphically supported what I am trying to say. There is not as much unity as people think. We all stick to our own little areas and think everyone gets along fine, which is true. But venture out of your territory and you sometimes get a culture shock.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No that guy would # his pants if he had to walk through watts.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Well, not entirely actually. We have had several in depth news reports that looked into the deep racial division within America. It was brought about by all the race riots in Fergusson. The African American people they got on camera certainly seemed to disagree with the above statement.

Yes and no. Your people work together, but Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are but a few countries I can mention that have the same diversity.

Almost everybody is working together. Have you ever hopped off the subway in the wrong neighbourhood? Have you ever felt the piercing stares from the people because you obviously don't belong there? Have you ever been verbally abused?

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. Everyone else just stared us down as we walked through. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' . It was very awkward and weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

What are you talking about what happened in Sydney? That's Australia, not America.

I stand by my original post. Your anecdotal impressions are wrong.

99.9% of blacks get along with whites. The U.S. has hundreds of large cities. We see the rare incidents.

It's an incredibly distorted view of the U.S. to think that we're divided. There's not much difference between the political parties.

There's almost zero class warfare. Maybe grumblings over a beer.

Where are the protests now? Everybody's back to getting along.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They are living in fantasy worlds if they think 99.9% of people get along thats totally insane.

What percentage do you claim don't get along?

Do you have data or anything to support it?

Or is this just a rant from your own personal perspective? What percentage of the people in YOUR world do you get along with? We can start there and extrapolate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join