It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If the United States wants to move into a better place in the future we need to start operating as a unit. We need to set aside politics and social issues and figure out a way to start working together again as a family.

We are preoccupied by who makes more money, who is more intelligent, whos in better shape and who has the nicest house or the newest car. We have forgotten family values, and the values that built this nation into what it became. We forgot how to work hard, police the communities, watch out for one another. Our cities are dieing, small business is dead, families are destroying themselves for selfish materialism. We need to forget everything we here and see in the mainstream media and start working on our communities.
edit on 1/15/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hi OneQuestion

agreed

think global...start local...

my best tip is to VOTE INDEPENDENT...

it would be better for everyone to vote for anyone other than one of the 2 big political party...
its the same in every country...

maybe even...
start a STREET COMMITTEE

fix your local problems locally...and it will spread out from there...

good luck and stay safe!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree 100%!

A few things we need to do first!

1. Understand that your freedoms are just as important as the freedoms of those you disagree with!

2. Before you make a judgment against one of your fellow citizens, make sure you understand #1 and you leave your political ideologies, your religious ideologies, and your sexual ideologies out of understand #1!

3. Anytime anyone in the government, the MSM or anyone else from a political/religious/sexual/skin color screams intolerance, we stand together and tell them to "shut the hell up and review #1"?

I left the Constitution out of this due to possibly being labeled a terrorist.......

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is just a theory, but having seen all of your race riots from afar, and noticing how America keeps upping the tension on Russia, how much of this division is being funded by Mr Putin?

I mean the USA is known for financing agitator groups in other nations to cause civil unrest and social revolution. Every time I see all the the same thing in your nation, I really do ask myself, is there another nation pulling the strings in an attempt to bring the US to it's knees?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I agree 100%!

A few things we need to do first!

1. Understand that your freedoms are just as important as the freedoms of those you disagree with!

2. Before you make a judgment against one of your fellow citizens, make sure you understand #1 and you leave your political ideologies, your religious ideologies, and your sexual ideologies out of understand #1!

3. Anytime anyone in the government, the MSM or anyone else from a political/religious/sexual/skin color screams intolerance, we stand together and tell them to "shut the hell up and review #1"?

I left the Constitution out of this due to possibly being labeled a terrorist.......

You hit the nail on the head.

Anybody remember that team building exercise where a bunch of people have to use two boards to get from point a to point b? Everybody has to move as one to get there.

The problem we have is too many people have too many widely varied goals in mind. The rat race has infected many with the "imma do me, you do you" mentality.

If we worked together, who knows what we could accomplish. Going 27 different directions, we won't get anywhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Beautiful sentiment!

"The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit."

The hearts and minds of the individuals are divided; they must be reconciled.

The families, friendships, schools, and work-places are divided; they must be reconciled.

The neighborhoods, communities, cities, and states are divided; they must be reconciled.

The nations are divided; they must be reconciled.

Earth is divided; it must be reconciled.

Peace, Love, Compassion, Understanding, Acceptance, Truth, Happiness, Courage, Forgiveness, and Good Vibes

edit on 1/15/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
If the United States wants to move into a better place in the future we need to start operating as a unit. We need to set aside politics and social issues and figure out a way to start working together again as a family.

Of course I agree but there is to much money to be made in the politics of hate and division. That's the main reason why we have this obvious dysfunctional culture of hate that seeps into every crack of our society, especially politics.
It's not so much MSM as the hate jocks tearing this country apart; Like Limbaugh, Levin, Savage, Beck, Laura Ingraham, Miller and countless others capatilising on keeping us divided and fearful of our neighbors.

They have found a media niche that appeals to hateful fools and they are reaping the benefits in the form of ratings and advertising that goes with it. They don't care that it's tearing the country apart. I think they want a race war or some other national traumatic event to bring about the Christian Armageddon.

edit on 15-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Only because we allow it. We allow ourselves to be divided otherwise there would be no money in it because it wouldnt work.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Something we can finally agree upon, i knew it could happen.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
This is just a theory, but having seen all of your race riots from afar, and noticing how America keeps upping the tension on Russia, how much of this division is being funded by Mr Putin?

I mean the USA is known for financing agitator groups in other nations to cause civil unrest and social revolution. Every time I see all the the same thing in your nation, I really do ask myself, is there another nation pulling the strings in an attempt to bring the US to it's knees?

Great point and i think thats a topic we need to look into, care to start the discussion?

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Totally agree.

link   
Those who have more will, in general, want to work together less. We see it now. Doubt anything short of an Earth shattering event will change that thinking with very many.
edit on 1/15/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

Vote independant i can agree with that.

If we could just all agree that we need to revitalize our communities and infuse them with care and compassion than i think that would be the best way to get there.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Only because we allow it. We allow ourselves to be divided otherwise there would be no money in it because it wouldnt work.

I think it's a bit more complicated than just personal decisions. Propaganda is very very powerful...Look what it did to Germany. They say "it can't happen here" but it can!!

There is plenty of evidence right here on ATS.
edit on 15-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thats true. Propaganda is just another word for mass hypnosis. Its the power of suggestion.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The problem I see is I am perfectly willing to let the left have their abortions and gay marriages, but they want to take my guns and God. I say we all stay the hell out of each others business and then we can work together to fix things. Liberals can have their crap and I get my crap and we can move on.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Something we can finally agree upon, i knew it could happen.

Hey it happened before. That one time...about the thing, with the guy...

Didn't it?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: shaneR

Vote independant i can agree with that.

If we could just all agree that we need to revitalize our communities and infuse them with care and compassion than i think that would be the best way to get there.

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible unless we are all lobotomized, humans will always want more and never agree on a simple solution.

Wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony= human nature.
edit on 15-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join