It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Le Petit Journal Exposes Fox News Lies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You know what time it is? time to

bring back Freedom Fries!!

Murica! F#Yeah!!1

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Good job with this! I've caught Fox News using false facts before. There was one time when they claimed food stamps could be used on all sorts of things, such as bail money.

Fox News should not be a credible news source. They go beyond what is acceptable bias.
edit on 15pmThu, 15 Jan 2015 19:05:10 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Has anyone watch One America yet? It's a new conservative news network. I notice that they're doing what Fox News did early on -- claiming to be "fair and balanced" to rope suckers in.

I notice that Fox no longer claims "fair & balanced" (I can't stomach it long enough to really know for sure though). It seems that once they got their hooks into enough viewers, the propaganda began.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahah that was damn great! I wish they'd run that in e states so the people that watch fox religiously would understand how idiotic, manipulative and bogus the information they get is! That was great, I choked up laughing.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That is hilarious! Faux News has always been tabloid trash. The stuff they put out is crap.

I'm glad someone is calling them on their bs.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Good lord, you people act like TV commentary is like a regular news cast. What network doesn't put out its crappola from mouths that are paid to blabber. Actually, Fox exposes more stupid BS from the other networks, especially CNN and
MSNBC that it will ever put out. Funny thing about liberals, they want to ban hate, but they absolutely hate Fox. Double standard I guess as they want to kill (hate) the messenger

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Fox exposes more stupid BS from the other networks, especially CNN and MSNBC that it will ever put out.

Can you provide some proof of this or are you just going by what FOX says?

Funny thing about liberals, they want to ban hate, but they absolutely hate Fox.

No liberals want FOX and other networks to do the same thing. Tell the truth. I just wish news would go back to the way it used to be when they didn't expect to turn a profit so they told the truth.

edit on 15-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yeah I disagree with Voltaire, I would never bother to defend to the death Fox News right to say stupids.
Sozz Voltaire dude, you're on your own.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Was this the same terror expert interviewed on fox who claimed Birmingham in the UK, our second largest city was a no go area for non muslims?

No, That was on Judge Jeanine Pirro Fox show. It was after her We need to kill them opening statement.

The "Expert" you asked about is Steve Emerson

In that second clip this Steve Emerson guy claims there are sharia courts set up in the "no-go zones" and France and other parts of Europe will not exercise their own sovereignty over these areas. He said that. Total BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
the french govt has designated 751 areas as ZUS starting back in 1996. they have been written about time and time again. and yes they have said some are a muslim areas, and yes some are in Parris.

here are two articles. i know that many are gonna yell about one, but he says that he regrets calling them NO Go Zones.

this is from six years ago.

Last November, 15-year-old Mouhsin and 16-year-old Lakamy were killed in Villiers-le-Bel, an immigrant suburb of Paris. The boys, joyriding on a stolen motorbike, collided at high speed with a police vehicle which happened to be passing in a neighborhood where the police normally do not venture.

People get mugged, even murdered, in the ZUS, but the media prefer not to write about it. When large-scale rioting erupts and officers and firemen are attacked, the behavior of the thugs is condoned with references to their “poverty” and to the “racism” of the indigenous French. The French media never devote their attention to the bleak situation of intimidation and lawlessness in which 8 percent of the population, including many poor indigenous French, are forced to live. Muslim racism toward the “infidels” is never mentioned.
‘Sensitive urban areas’

the one i mentioned above,

A couple of observations:

For a visiting American, these areas are very mild, even dull. We who know the Bronx and Detroit expect urban hell in
Europe too, but there things look fine. The immigrant areas are hardly beautiful, but buildings are intact, greenery
abounds, and order prevails.

These are not full-fledged no-go zones but, as the French nomenclature accurately indicates, "sensitive urban zones." In normal times, they are unthreatening, routine places. But they do unpredictably erupt, with car burnings, attacks on representatives of the state (including police), and riots.

Having this first-hand experience, I regret having called these areas no-go zones.
The 751 No-Go Zones of France

from the above link.

That said, there is a reason why the French government calls these regions sensibles (sensitive, delicate). They contain many social pathologies (unemployment, drugs, political extremism), they seethe with antagonism toward the majority society, and are prone to outbreaks of violence.

the french govt list of the ZUS, Parris is number 75. i'll give the french site link and goggle translate link.
Atlas des Zones urbaines sensibles (Zus)

Atlas of Sensitive Urban Zones (ZUS)

there are other articles about this that are older, and more recent, just do a search. so it appears that the fox report may not have been bullsh@@, and there is truth in what the man said.

edit on 15-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There is some truth to what was said. Like the map someone else put up, which has all the cities in the wrong place, the information is just garbled. Those cities actually exist- just not where they put them. Likewise, the kinds of zones described exist, just not where they put them.

When our home was being vandalized by a group of young arabs, the police told us they could not go in after them because they lived in a "zone sensible"- which was a state funded housing project. If they go into there, they explained, rocks and bottles rain down on them from the apartment buildings. But this was a pretty small area, and not even in a big city.

The french announcer even admitted, "we all know about les zones sensibles", but it was the mistakes in where
they are that was being mocked.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
0:58 Since when are Pakistanis Arabs?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Excellent. The more BS exposed, the better.

Sad thing is ... MSNBC is just as bad (probably worse), and so is Russia Today, and Press TV, and Al Jazeera, and etc etc. Even the BBC has admitted that they are full of biased crap. It would be nice to be able to get the facts without all the agenda. But alas ... it's not to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Very similar to how many Eurpoean citizens (including French) think that Americans walk around with guns on our hips waiting to shoot someone who disagrees with us.

But Snopes investigated the so-called “no-go zones” and found them to be a myth caused by an incorrect translation describing areas that were “targeted for urban renewal initiatives.”

That's from your link.

While FoxNews (and all others) do make me laugh from time to time, it must be asserted that if you take all of what these morning-show commentators say as fact (when you should well know that these are talk shows with opinions, for the most part), the shame kind of lies with the viewer at that point.

Also, while I do find their parody of the on-the-street interviews slightly amusing, one must remember that your average person walking down the street is pretty ignorant to what happens in ghetto-type areas of a city, just like there are seemingly unending amounts of people on the street in America that don't even know who Joe Biden is when shown a picture, or can't name a congressman, let alone thier own. Ghettos are places most people purposefully avoid, which in and of itself leads to ignorance of that topic.

I make that point to say that I find it odd when people cite those who call out ignorant people (the FoxNews contributor, although they blame FoxNews' morning show), and then use (possibly) ignorant people--at the very least, non-experts on the topic--to try and prove a point. L'ironie est merveilleux.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
the french govt has designated 751 areas as ZUS starting back in 1996. they have been written about time and time again. and yes they have said some are a muslim areas, and yes some are in Parris.

here are two articles. i know that many are gonna yell about one, but he says that he regrets calling them NO Go Zones.

this is from six years ago.

Last November, 15-year-old Mouhsin and 16-year-old Lakamy were killed in Villiers-le-Bel, an immigrant suburb of Paris. The boys, joyriding on a stolen motorbike, collided at high speed with a police vehicle which happened to be passing in a neighborhood where the police normally do not venture.

People get mugged, even murdered, in the ZUS, but the media prefer not to write about it. When large-scale rioting erupts and officers and firemen are attacked, the behavior of the thugs is condoned with references to their “poverty” and to the “racism” of the indigenous French. The French media never devote their attention to the bleak situation of intimidation and lawlessness in which 8 percent of the population, including many poor indigenous French, are forced to live. Muslim racism toward the “infidels” is never mentioned.
‘Sensitive urban areas’

the one i mentioned above,

A couple of observations:

For a visiting American, these areas are very mild, even dull. We who know the Bronx and Detroit expect urban hell in Europe too, but there things look fine. The immigrant areas are hardly beautiful, but buildings are intact, greenery abounds, and order prevails.

These are not full-fledged no-go zones but, as the French nomenclature accurately indicates, "sensitive urban zones." In normal times, they are unthreatening, routine places. But they do unpredictably erupt, with car burnings, attacks on representatives of the state (including police), and riots.

Having this first-hand experience, I regret having called these areas no-go zones.
The 751 No-Go Zones of France

from the above link.

That said, there is a reason why the French government calls these regions sensibles (sensitive, delicate). They contain many social pathologies (unemployment, drugs, political extremism), they seethe with antagonism toward the majority society, and are prone to outbreaks of violence.

the french govt list of the ZUS, Parris is number 75. i'll give the french site link and goggle translate link.
Atlas des Zones urbaines sensibles (Zus)

Atlas of Sensitive Urban Zones (ZUS)

there are other articles about this that are older, and more recent, just do a search. so it appears that the fox report may not have been bullsh@@, and there is truth in what the man said.

Thank you for this intelligent comment--sheds some factual light that I think all of these ideological bashers commenting on here could use. Just because a news "contributor" may use a slightly incorrect wording or makes a bad comparison does not mean that the whole of his comment is garbage. That's a logical fallacy that should be avoided by intelligent people.
edit on 16-1-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The fool on the Birmingham video apologised for making a "mistake".

I guess in "american English" mistake is translated as "making up a complete load of bull# in order to feed the paranoia of gullible viewers who will probably believe anything they are told to feed their predjudices".

It wasn't a mistake. It was a damn lie.

And again, as this video shows, Fox puts out lies.

And yes, other people do it...but that doesn't make any of it right.

If anyone who watches this stuff and believes it is a damn fool.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The feigned outrage at one network over another would be almost humorous if it wasn't so sad.

Is fox a propaganda outlet? YES
Is msnbc a propaganda outlet? YES

ANYTHING coming out of the MSM is propaganda.

Hmmm. Should I watch the A$$#@!E spouting BS over here? Or watch the other A$$#@!E spouting BS over here?

Just condemn the whole charade.

But no, its more fun to group together and point at the 'other' side, saying look at those stupid idiots.
While the other side points back and says no, you are the stupid idiots.

The whole MSM system is tailored to ignorance.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Really liked the way TYT talked about Fox News lies... Worth a look for a good laugh

Waiting eagerly for the next "Le Petit Journal" edition next monday, here in France.
edit on 17-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OMG, don't even get me started on Elizabeth Hasselback. Ugh!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I really don't understand why anyone hasn't pointed out an interesting point yet.

The male in the interview said he had been in Afghanistan and Iraq, and there were certain areas in Paris that reminded him of those places.

And then the French program has them asking French people in those areas if they think they are akin, or like somehow, Afghanistan or Iraq. They all said no.

How many of those answering the question have been to either Afghanistan or Iraq, or to both places? Because if they haven't, and only know of those places what's been told them on the news then I think that's just wrong. Many of those people are probably deluded into thinking those slums are better than they think they are, and there may also be a bit of prejudice or even racism involved in their answers. In any event, if they haven't been to all three places, they can't objectively answer that question.

It's like asking a person who has lived in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado all his life if he thought the Swiss Alps were comparable to the Rockies. If the person has never been to both he couldn't give you an objective answer about that either.

Now if someone said they had been all over the world and to all of the most famous mountain ranges, and he never found a spot quite like the mountains of Colorado, I would find his opinion a little more objective than someone how, just out of pride, arrogance, or ignorance states they he knows they are better than someone or somewhere else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join