It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seventh Egg [DRG2015]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Seventh Egg.

Long ago in a time where writen history began and the time of mystical creatures ended the tale of the last dragons did start.

When all living things with mystical powers neared their end there was one creature that would seal that time for never to return again. It was the dragon that appeared on the earth first and was because of that near to Gods heart. He made it an intelligent and wise creature that could think and because of its strenght would never have a master. Besides its abillity to throw fires as hot as the sun it was blessed with an impervious and strong mind. God had given these 'extraas' because he wanted a dragon to be a noble creature, a creature which could live among the people and be service to them in times of difficulty.

Some of the dragons work can still be seen on earth today. They helped the humans making impenetrable fortified areas against evil enemies. Because most people of today do not belief magical creatures ever existed the stone walls found in Sacsayhuaman, Peru (to name a place) remain a mystery while the enlightened natives know it was the breath of the ancient dragons that melted those rocks into perfect fitting building bricks.

So it happened that Ulhar, the last blue dragon laid her last eggs. Her children would be the last dragons roaming the Earth before God would whipe the board clean of evil and abominations which had accummulated over the hundreds of thousends of years and had made the planet a harsh world to live in for animals and people.

After a gestation period of 2 years the 7 eggs were laid in a secure place highup in the Himalaya mountain range. The secure place of birth for the dragons eggs is chosen because of their magical properties and are therefore extreem valuable. One egg could buy you a kingdom. It is said that a dragon egg yoke was used in the paint which gave the painting of Dorian Grey its magical properties. Beside the yoke, the egg white and shell have also incredible properties.

It will take a life threatening toll on the mother dragon to lay all 7 eggs. The first egg laid will become the strongest and the last the weakest dragon of the nest. To compensate the lesser strength the seventh dragon will be the smartest and commonly also the most wise among the seven hatchlings.

Ulhar did sense that she lived on the brink of a changing world in which her young would maybe not survive... no matter their strenght and size. Her motherly instincts made her decide to save at least one of her young by preserving an egg until after the deluge. She decided that saving the seventh egg would be the best choice. Its intelligence would help surviving in the new world, its wisdom would become an asset when dealing with the humans... if necessary.

Unfortunately and as expected Ulhar did not survive the disaster and was unable to oversee the birth of her seventh child. There are several important factors to take in mind when preserving a dragon egg. First of all there is the temprature, not too cold and not too warm. The atmospheric humidity is also of great importance. And because we are not dealing with an ordinairy chicken egg there is the component which without taking in concern will result in a certain failure.... No, it is not the atmospheric pressure or luminous intensity.

The fact is... I can not tell you... Telling you would most presumably start several expeditions into the Himalayas in search of this seventh egg. Naming this significant physical quantity will give away the direction where to look for the last and seventh dragon egg. A dragon egg well preserved can still hatch after thousends if not hundreds of thousends of years. The fact that I know it is still uhatched is because after the deluge writen history did commence. After years of researching relevant literature in libraries all over the world I came to the conclusion that there is no information to be found on a real living dragon.

The egg is still there and is waiting for a better future...

Thx for your time.. ♫zat♫ (non-writer... first attempt... ever)

edit on 15/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Hey that was a good read!! I enjoyed it all

Great work for first attempt

Good luck !!
-nat

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Thanks, I now feel the excitement writing for an audiance.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Ummm...might that be the why behind all of the atonal chanting at the monasteries...? Not just temperature and humidity...but...en-chant-ment...?

Very nicely done...It made the relation between the Himalayas and the Buddhist culture spring to mind...and how transformational such chanting can be...

Thank you

YouSir
edit on 16-1-2015 by YouSir because: of a persistant itch...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That was a really clever story, I love how you wove in lots of other threads - the melted rocks, the flood, the seventh son etc. Really enjoyed reading it, zat!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A Very Creative Story!! S+F For You!!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks guys.. after reading many of your stories I still have a lot to do... thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hey zatara!
That was great! You definitely need to keep writing here!

Good luck with the contest. I expect to see you with 'writer's' status soon.

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hope so Jacy.. I noticed there is some stiff competition out there with good writers.. English not being my first language makes it an extra challenge. So far I really enjoyed doing it, an attempt to write and reading stuff of others makes it very educational.

Good luck with your entry...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I had no idea that English wasn't your first language! Wow, good job!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I loved, loved, loved this story.

Very well done Zatara.

S&F for you!

CdT

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Zatara you should feel very good about your first attempt. It was a good read and showed excellent work. Keep writing and you will soon reach writer status. Peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Very nice and interesting story zatara

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind words guys.. I really like the story told very much myself, I will try to improve my grammatical efforts next time...

edit on 23/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

join