It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help With Gluten Free Pierogie e-book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just finished writing my first ebook and it's not as easy as I thought. The content? No problem. It's the formatting I have the issues with.

From my research both the epub and mobi formats are the most used. Kindle for Amazon will only use mobi so I'm trying to go with that since I already have interest from them for the ebook as it's a first in a series. Have a hard copy publisher as well but that's easy.

So my needs are this:

1. I can send you a copy to view on your device in either format as viewing from my own PC is not the best approach.

2. Take a few screen shots if possible to show what might be a problem and send them to me. Failing that just explain to me what you see.

3. If you feel the need to critique the layout or content then by all means go ahead. It's appreciated.

Or for those that are currently writing ebooks that can answer here in the thread as to what is happening.

I am losing fonts when converting from PPT to PDF and the graphics are shifting. I am also getting blacked out passages that look like Govt. redaction FOI requests.

I use calibre for archiving and converting/viewing but when I open kindle to view I get the same results.

From my research I see that some are converting to doc or docx first but that's an entirely new headache that I'd rather avoid.

Any help or input is appreciated.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Apparently converting the file to azw3 will work on the kindle too. I only post this to spread awareness of pierogi, MMMMmmmmm!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
When I get home from work, I'll see what I can dig up to help.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pr0ph3t
Apparently converting the file to azw3 will work on the kindle too. I only post this to spread awareness of pierogi, MMMMmmmmm!!!!

Yeah, tried that with the same results.

I'm starting to think that it might be the graphics and font together as a problem but no idea.

I could go with just text such as Arial and no graphics but then I lose the visual. It's food so I think that's important.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
When I get home from work, I'll see what I can dig up to help.

Thanks,

ANY help is appreciated. I am bogged down with multiple test folders, formats etc.

Peace

edit on 15-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join