It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two terrorists killed in Belgium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
youtu.be...

OH!, I'm so sorry, wrong planet.

edit on 023131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

The latest unconfirmed statment in the local news is that explosives have been found in Verviers and near Brussels (Anderlecht).

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As I said in another topic:

This would be the second (attempted) terrorist attack in a relatively short time in Belgium if I'm not mistaken and a very quick one after the horrendous attacks in France. We must not forget that other attacks have been prevented recently as well and also that several cities were threatened and mentioned by IS. Currently things appear to be escalating rapidly and I somewhat expect the situation to quiet down a bit just like similar ones before... but easing pressure doesn't necessarily mean that no further seeds of resentment, fear and disgust have been planted.

The last thing we need is a terrorist attack (in Europe) this quickly after what happened in Paris but I suppose these attackers figured exactly the same and just wanted to add fuel to the fire. Disheartening to see how certain groups and individuals actively try to steer and manipulate the situation into civil war. How long will they need to poke?

This just doesn't feel right at all. 2015 is starting really, really badly in too many ways to discuss and mention here right now. What can we do if there're groups who actively try to escalate an already tense situation and add more fuel to an already dangerously smothering fire?

I feel as if something urgently needs to be done or changed, it just cannot continue like this. Politicians play an important role in all this if you ask me by constantly downplaying the severity of the issues and constantly urging the worried population to just look the other way and move along. On the other hand, while noting the sense of urgency and worry within myself and others I simply fail at this point to come up with a short term, realistic solution, especially given the fact that that'd require loss of face for many big egos and a concerted effort and actual corporation, from both politicians and their parties as well as society in general.

I hope I don't have to watch something ugly unfold.

edit on 15-1-2015 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

May 2014 there has been 4 victims in a shooting spree in Brussel's jewish museum

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

It's proven pretty difficult to stop them, considering the fact that even teenagers found their way into Syria. I personally wouldn't know what to do about this situation but it's awfully clear that those returning from IS pose a very real threat. In fact, they've proven that with the attack in Brussels. Imagine all of them coming back- it's simply impossible to track and keep watch of all of them!

And on another note, do we want individuals who harbour such murderous ideals walking among us anyway, even if they haven't actually went (yet)? That deep, basic and fundamental disdain for human life...

I don't know what could be done though but on the other hand I find the naivety of many politicians slightly nausea-inducing. If we just make sure that they'll be happy, well-fed and pampered upon return they hopefully won't feel so hateful anymore and won't kill anyone!

There's a lot that need fixing.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Exactly

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
No not Maastricht ..lol but the Utrecht province. .

If it's so close to our border then I guess police raids will take place here too.?

And they should close all borders for a short amount of time..
edit on 0b26America/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 16:05:26 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 15 Jan 2015 16:05:26 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Or send Ahmed Aboutaleb, the Mayor of Rotterdam

Latest - always up to confirmation :

Une voiture venant de Luxembourg a été prise en chasse par la police. Des coups de feu auraient été tirés à hauteur de la gare d'Alleur. Le tunnel de Cointe est fermé. Des dizaines de combis sont sur place. Il y aurait deux individus à bord du véhicule, selon nos confrères de Sudpresse. On ignore encore si le contrôle de police avait un lien avec les diverses perquisitions anti-terroristes.

A car coming from Luxemburg was chased by police. Shots where heard when the car arrived at Alleur train station. The tunel under Cointe hill in Liege is shut. Dozens of police cars are onsite. According to SudPresse there would be 2 man onboard. There is no info about any link with any other operation at the moment

Source : lesoir

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Read it on skynews earlier.

The gloves are off.

Wonder how any more are at this moment in plans to cause some major act?? How many have been and come back from Syria or elsewhere??

I just hope they all get caught but I fear at least one cell may get through someplace. Any of us here could be living next to one or near one.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Jewish schools in Brussels and Antwerp will be closed tomorow due to the current situation.

Source : Joods Actueel (in dutch)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Good job from the sons of Charles Martel
If it further escalate, beware that they are also the sons of Godfrey of Bouillon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join