It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I wasn't reading into it what I wanted to read. You used the argument "you guys are the same people who would complain if the government didn't do enough" to justify discrediting the rational arguments made against the FBI.

That's an unfair position to take when you don't know your opponent's political leanings.

I would not change my stance on liberty even if I, or someone I cared for, was hypothetically injured by a terrorist plot. I see evil in two ways: chaotic (random) evil and institutionalized (government) evil.

I do not have the resources or ability to defend myself from institutionalized evil. The concept of government is supported by the majority of people, no matter how evil government actually is, the general popopulation will always defend institutionalized evil because the institution has become adept at using memes (patriotism) to perpetuate it's own existence. We will gladly allow the government to collectively take resources from us, and use those resourced to abuse us.

When we realize that the continuance of government is not in our best interest, there is nothing we can do, because government has money and manpower on its side. But, not just the money and manpower, government has organization which only makes it stronger.

If the government wanted to abuse us there is nothing we could do about it because government has the willing approval of the masses.

Chaotic, random evil, like terrorism does not have that same power. Given the freedom to do so, I could defend myself from things like street gangs or Mexican drug cartels. Groups like that, unlike government, do not have the support of the majority. They do not pretend to be one thing while being another thing entirely. They are not ran by people who think that their actions serve the "greater good" and I would not be thrown in prison for trying to defend myself from them.

If I knew that terrorists were going to hurt you or your family, I would do everything in my power to stop them. It would simply be the right thing to do.

Would you do the same?

Why do we need the FBI?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

i was gonna try to understand you until i read your sigunature. lol

oh the irony!

Just ask yourself how if he was under survalance he could contact anyone without the ones watching being aware of who he was contacting.

If they knew he was in contact with isis then why pull him in now?

It is comical.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

John Cornell, Sr., Christopher's father, said his son could never come up with a terror plot of his own

I have never met a parent yet that knows what their kids really do behind their backs.
Hey!!! Something we can both agree about! How surprising!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If the motive and intent are there, and are clear. The tactics used by the FBI are acceptable.

Sometimes you have to see how far a person will go to engage in a crime.

Sting operations aren't new. Hopefully they are able to get more wannabe terrorists this way, before they can act.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

They need patsies, pawns and PR ops here and there to divert your eyes from the true criminals, operating under a parallel and illegitimate "justice" system.

I'm always hearing this kind of crap coming from certain groups on here..

I've never seen any kind of hard proof "outside Youtube videos", to prove their twisted anti-government cases.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Had figured he was the patsy of the week .. uncle scam has a habit of setting them up ... gotta keep up the fear levels and justify the "war on terror" and to shred what little remains of the constitution all in the name of "national security" for the publics own good .. gotta love freedumb and dumbocracy ..

Is it just me??
When i hear some guy got caught trying to by a bomb he got caught
trying to by a bomb...
Its a sting operation just like a undercover drugbust,they
track these guys, make friends hangout, get high, earn there trust, set
them up until the time is right & perform a raid.

There's so many rants going on if you rant to loud you might just meet
your next close friend, Mr FBI Bring him home to meet the family,
you both have something incomin "the undercover game he plays"

You want to change the world, or get even with the government, or hey

your just tired of the lies from our government.
They have there next target a real winner, your new friend can get you

anything your looking for..... wow cool even a bomb.

Then our FBI & homeland security proudly become hero & we can all sleep

knowing we are all so well protected..

Its all ways the little guy, how about the group that gave this nut the

money for this big bomb?
like Cops & robbers im not impressed with a everyday sting

operations, they set up the Fish show them the bait & all in a days
work..
THEY DONT HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL STOPPING THE REAL WACK JOB SO I

WISH THEY WOULD STOP acting LIKE WERE SO MUCH SAFER.

They've got agents living in that wasteland,they can pick out a
Dealer when they want one anytime at random there trusted, until he's

busted.
In the Game of blowing up the world it sounds like, The FBI agent is

the Dealer selling the....Fake bomb...FBI is the fake cell...trusted by

the whack job.....trusted....untill busted....Just the little guy, Wuhu they

saved the world again. Good Job Guys you sold a fake bomb to another

whack job Getter Dunn...
I hope there's a few out there that can see the Big picture, that Medal

detector goes off at the bank so that will keep the bad guy out..,,,,,.Not
It wont stop them from pushing the button, go boom & there's lots of

body parts just the little guy.
The big Guy MrX never leaves the Office just transfers the cash.

All you Terrorist out there Just say no then Go If your new friend
wants to sell you a Bomb.
I'm so tired of all the war games.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
we are seeing a repeat of the year 2001, where for months the corporate media promoted the idea of Al Qaeda as Uber Villains we were supposed to be afraid of, because they were coming to get us unless we did what the Government told us and got them first.
Today the Government is assuring us that ISIS, Al Qaeda, Bobo Haram, Saudi Arabia, and Muslims in general are in the final stages of a plot to carry out multiple terror attacks on Europe and the United States. Funny how they can know there is a plot, and that it is in its final stages, but don't know what the target is, or who is doing it. Funny. Really funny. Almost too weird to be believed, in fact

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You still do not get it. They wanted to see if he was in touch with anyone else. They let the slack out for a few months to see what would happen. When it looked as if there were not ties overseas they moved in...or, maybe there was and with the arrest they want to see if others move.

Bottom line is it is all conjecture on our parts but what is comical is simply stating the FBI is a bully who set him up and the kid is a lone weirdo is how these things can happen. Like when no agency believed that 20 cave dwellers could complete the 9/11 mission. They did with the funding from 'overseas'.

There is a real threat and there have been warnings about lone wolf attacks for the last few years.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have not read this entire OP but I would like to add some insight to the conversation.

For those of you who need additional information as to the home life of Christopher Cornell just google the Hamilton County, Ohio Clerk of Courts' website. Search for John R. Cornell (father). He is not an upstanding character and it will be easy to see why Christopher has fallen off the edge.

Christopher attended school at Oak Hills High School, an upper middle class system, that is one of the better school district in Cincinnati. He did have several juvenile scrapes with the law to include fighting in school and disorderly conduct during a 2011, 911 ceremonies. He needed police protect to remove him from the area. He has been described as a momma's boy...I think not!

There are too many inconsistencies in the news to remain silent.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
FBI needs to justify their budget somehow.If they do something to boost the president's and congress's poll numbers then when appropriations time they can point to this plot they foiled.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join