It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Just another day at the office for the FBI . Arm the guys they claim to be fighting then congratulate themselves for foiling their own plot... Great work guys. Good to know those tax dollars are being put to good use.

Back in the 90s the gov gave the Michigan militia a good number of surplus M1 rifles. This was during a time when the militia was recruiting, vocal and swelling in membership......and spewing out revolutionary talk, overthrowing the government ect.

Another state militia set up an answering machine, advertised the number, for anyone wanting to join.....everyone that called was put on the government list......because the thing was actually being run by the feds.

Anyway check this out and listen closely, watch closely. Several of the men if not all on this panel are actually government agents. It all about the issues, championed by backwoods hicks, intercity discontents, half backed intellectuals and hay they even have a cleric. Listen to Phil closely. Watch whats really happening here. Watch the clapping seals.

"and if you don't like it you are going to be moved to a place where they can control you"

edit on 16-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Well if his dad said he couldn't have done it then case closed I guess?....

Damned evil governments

Well, this isn't the first time the FBI has been accused of doing this. And, typically, the "plot" is revealed during a heightened alert timeframe.

It's kind of comical if it wasn't so freaking scary.

No what's really comically scary is the amount of people in this thread that are convinced that the obviously evil FBI are responsible for what happened based on incredibly flimsy and weak evidence.....

His father said he couldn't have possibly done it

and

The FBI have been accused of the same thing in the past....

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, a nice momma's boy.

Two years ago he showed up on FBI radar protesting a 9/11 memorial.
He was arrested twice as a youth, once for punching his father and another time pushing his mother down a flight of stairs.

and who is the roommate he moved out with...this guy was not set up...I would think there are more arrests coming in the weeks ahead.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
I see a lot of people are quick to shun the FBI and back the guy with very little details. You are the same people who would be blaming the government for not stopping this guy if he followed through with a terrorist attack that affected your family.

People always says this with no evidence whatsoever.

I am an anarchist, please show me where I have ever complained about a lack of government action.

I will patiently wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

So, it appears that based on the disenfranchised tweets of a 20-year old suburban young man; the FBI can swoop in under the guise of a like-minded militant, nudge that person toward violent intent, supply that person with the tools for violence, and then claim victory when an arrest is made and terror plot foiled.

Pathetic.

Honestly, I am on the fence with this tactic...

I understand what you are saying...

We usually find "Entrapment" unjust in principle and law..but seem to have abandoned that thinking in the case of terrorism.

In criminal law, entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit.[1] It is a type of conduct that is generally frowned upon, and thus in many jurisdictions is a possible defense against criminal liability.

en.wikipedia.org...

AND not just in this case...

Human Rights Watch investigated the phenomena in detail and issued a report
www.hrw.org...

“This is a number that sounds really big, and it makes it sound like Americans are being kept safe from terrorism attacks,” Andrea Prasow, deputy Washington director for HRW, said in a video released with the report. “But we found that in a lot of these cases, people were prosecuted who never would have committed a terrorist attack in the first place, if it weren’t for the involvement of the FBI.”

Would these suspects have become potential terrorists without the encouragement and support of Law Enforcement?

The answer to that question is what I need to know to decide on the issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I don't believe it. The guy had converted and posted 'extreme' views on his social media accounts!

Unless you are telling me that his accounts were hacked!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Try this...There was controversy over Angelina Jolie getting a double mastectomy because her genetic history showed a disposition for Breast Cancer.

Statistically her chances were over 85% of eventually having breast cancer.

So removing the potential source of that cancer seems prudent to me.

Would I think so if it was a 5% chance? 10% chance?

What are the odds that these suspects would have evolved into actual terrorists without the help, encouragement and guidance of the FBI?

No doubt everyone feels safer when the FBI finds the cancer early...but are they actually promoting cancer in order to excise it?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
FBI Entraps Americans in Terrorism Sting Operations
Human Rights Watch

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why that’s how the FBI always does this.

I remember the Jamaican gang down in Florida the Dreadlock terrorist running around a garage at night plotting attacks… I recall on Chicago.
Those guys couldn’t attack the girl scouts...

They get some nut or group of nuts and psychologically manipulate them and produce a terrorist out of whole cloth who wouldn't have done anything without the prodding of the FBI

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This tactic just seems to be below the FBI.

Seems like something more suited for local PD's.

It just seems like it is Law Enforcement for statistics.

I would be willing to bet the FBI people ask to do this task are not thrilled.

Nobody thinks this guy is harmless. But, it's a Shotgun for a gnat.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender
Just so happened
I was watching CNN
when they phone interviewed the father
came to the same conclusion...

then thought what are they gonna
use this for ...

see if ya can guess by watching this
ABC on Yahoo
they are gonna try every angle
I swear

Something happened to this guy between school and where he is today. If you watch the video, the long hair and the Islamic beard is enough to give you the creeps, especially if you tie it in with his "tweets". If I was the owner of the gun store I would have called the cops out of suspicion while he was still in the store. No, this guy wanted to be a radical jihadist
and probably would have killed many innocent people had they not done a sting on him.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
This tactic just seems to be below the FBI.

Seems like something more suited for local PD's.

It just seems like it is Law Enforcement for statistics.

I would be willing to bet the FBI people ask to do this task are not thrilled.

Nobody thinks this guy is harmless. But, it's a Shotgun for a gnat.

If only the FBI had an "intervention" tactic or policy apart from the investment involved in long and sophisticated entrapment/sting scenario's.

According to Human rights Watch, some of those snared in these stings are outright diagnosed mentally ill folks, schizophrenia etc. Surely there is a better use of our resources fighting terror than arresting the dumb and mentally ill? makes for high-profile headlines though that sells "safe".

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
A government agent wants to make a big name for himself, talks this kid into doing things far beyond what he wanted to do and then busts him for it, making a nice high profile arrest showcasing our nations domestic security in light of the recent Hebdo incident and subsequent manhunt.

Very possible. In fact, if I saw that our Gov had acted with ONLY our best interests in mind and not to further their own hidden agenda I would be way more suspicious.
edit on 1/16/2015 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I fully agree.

However, no matter what anyone told me, I would not be plotting to commit murder and mayhem.

While I despise the method used and would eliminate it as a tool if I had the authority.... the man made his decisions and will have to live with his choices. They were wrong headed no matter what role the FBI played unless the whole thing was a frame job and he had nothing to do with anything all the way through the process.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You thought wrong

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

I think your missing my point or purposely reading what you wanna hear in my post to argue. There is no evidence that the FBI manipulated this guy, yet a lot of people jump into automatic conspiracy mode that the government was out to get the guy. He was making terroristic threats via social media and the FBI investigated and successfully completed a sting operation. I would like to think anyone with half a brain would know to not threaten to blow up a national landmark via social media.

So if your family happened to be visiting this landmark this guy was plotting on and they all died in the attack. You wouldn't be upset if the FBI knew his intentions and did nothing about it? I just find that very hard to believe.

I also looked into what you asked regarding complaints about the lack of government action and you're right. You stick to your guns regarding too many laws in place and the police enforcing "unneeded laws". I also noticed you have a closed mind on that topic as well and it seems you like to pick fights about your beliefs no matter how outlandish it is. So, I'm not gonna bother arguing with you since your unwilling to process other opinions. There will always be those people that are never wrong no matter what...good luck with that! Have a nice day sir.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Do you really think the FBI did not have this guy wire-tapped? That he was not monitored over the course of the last few months for other connections that he has. This is the same as a drug sting/bust.

Low level distributor. Someone gets popped and says I can tell you my supplier. Then, then they pop him they go after the mid level distributor. They hope to get to the importer. I think that is what the FBI and DHS are doing.

They may provide some 'support' in these situations but many times they lead to other arrests. I am sure they are pressuring him right now to give up who he was in communication with overseas.

Sometimes when intelligence agencies wait to long or look at the wrong connection they get burned. Boston would be a good example. I am sure those guys were under surveillance and they got through the cracks. Not because they let them but because they did not have credible info to act at the time.
edit on 01pm31pmfu2015-01-16T15:01:13-06:000313 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Your post is contridicting. First off doing drugs is not on the same level as planning an operation to blow stuff up.

You mention wire taps and communication then claim the need for chris to tell them who if anyone was on the end of the phone with him. If at this point the nsa is not tracking all phone calls made by terrorist oversees to us citizens then we are screwed.

None of the old tactics used in the so called war on drugs are effective in finding and stopping real terrorist.

It is quite simple and even says so in the news stories. The big bad terrorist on the other end of the phone line was none other than someone working for and under the direction of the fbi.

By the way they know hundreds of terror leaders overseas and for some reason they choose to ignore them.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There is no contradiction. Nice try.

I am not comparing drug use to terrorism. I am comparing tactics to find people that do bad things. It is how you get to the higher level people in any organization whether it is a street gang, terror cell or a cartel. There is a high level handler in all cases.

I also never said anything about him telling them anything. I said that the FBI/DHS/NSA/(insert acronym) I am sure were tracking his movements and communications. They had a CI they were using. PA II allows for monitoring. No need for a warrant to tap/hack email accts you if you are 'suspected' of potential crimes against the state.

Also, there is nothing that states the person he was in touch with was the FBI. The articles I have read stated he said

Cornell allegedly told that source he had been in contact with persons overseas, and that he had aligned himself with ISIS.

Cornell allegedly told that source he had been in contact with persons overseas, and that he had aligned himself with ISIS.

He did not think he would receive "specific authorization to conduct a terrorist attack in the United States, but stated that he wanted to go forward with violent jihad and opined that this would be their way of supporting ISIL," the complaint said, using another name for ISIS.

Also, we do not ignore overseas terror leaders. We kill them everyday with drones and US soldiers.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

Sarcasm noted.

However…

The important question is, would this disenfranchised 20-year old have entertained violent action without the nudging of an FBI operative?

Why do you keep refering to this person as being disenfranchised? Has someone keep him from voting?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join