It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Ohio Man Arrested for Terror Plot on DC: "He was set up by the FBI"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That's the point of the sting...it's to simulate real world activities. A sting to entice men into purchasing a prostitute is no different. I see nothing wrong with they did. They take one person off the streets that had he been approached by the wrong people he would have proceeded with his terrorist acts.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

John Cornell, Sr., Christopher's father, said his son could never come up with a terror plot of his own

I have never met a parent yet that knows what their kids really do behind their backs.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

First we must admit that you will only see what you want to see and no amount of evidence can singulary outweigh someone frame of mind that has a mental or monetary need to believe and spread a lie. So the so called evidence will never be enough for many and so far you fit into that catagory but i will not discount you yet. Here are just a couple links on the subjects you pointed too but i urge you before you dismiss anything to dig deeper into the direction i a pointing you. It is likely that you can find better examples of evidence than what i have if you just look into it more but lets be honest if you were interested then you would have already done so.

en.wikipedia.org...

Social conditioning is the sociological process of training individuals in a society to respond in a manner generally approved by the society in general and peer groups within society. The concept is stronger than that of socialization, which refers to the process of inheriting norms, customs and ideologies. Manifestations of social conditioning are vast, but they are generally categorized as social patterns and social structures including nationalism, education, employment, entertainment, popular culture, religion, spirituality and family life. The social structure in which an individual finds him or herself influences and can determine their social actions and responses.

how-fbi-entrapmen t-is-inventing-terrorists-and-letting-bad-guys-off-the-hook

the-shadow-patsy-rises-again

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I think you may be missing the point that the majority of people can be influenced to do something. With the right combonation of factors like drugs sex food they could get most people to do things they would have never done before. It is similar to interrogation tactics used on terror suspects. The real problems that imo we should worry about are those with the strong desire,means and mental fortitude it takes to make something happen. They are out there and a person that requires a year of intervention is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

Sarcasm noted.

However…

The important question is, would this disenfranchised 20-year old have entertained violent action without the nudging of an FBI operative?

Exactly!!

Also, since when did Tweeting anything become illegal or cause the FBI to "watch" you and invite you for a meet & greet (and, possibly entrap someone)?

I thought we had FREE SPEECH in this country, regardless of the topic??

Sounds like this 20 year old is suffering from some sort of mental illness and the FBI found yet another impressionable young man to mess with, for lack of a better word, in order to arrest him for spreading Jihad. Perfect timing, too...

While I DO NOT SUPPORT anything that has to do with ISIS or ISIL, I do support our Constitution and Bill of Rights...as well as the old saying "innocent UNTIL proven guilty." Remember that??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah...and mom claims he was a good boy and would never do anything like that.

How often do you hear that kind of stuff when the "victim" had a record longer than my arm?

I would not put it past the FBI, however, to have created the kind of situation where the boy would proceed.

This is entering the thought police arena, IMO. Someone leaning towards the radical philosphy is "helped" along the road and then busted when he takes the first steps towards the end result. Granted...he had to be half a moron to make the decisions he did and to trust anyone...he made his choices.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Shamrock6
1) his parents paint him as just a sweet kid with no issues? how shocking!

Sarcasm noted.

However…

The important question is, would this disenfranchised 20-year old have entertained violent action without the nudging of an FBI operative?

Exactly!!

Also, since when did Tweeting anything become illegal or cause the FBI to "watch" you and invite you for a meet & greet (and, possibly entrap someone)?

I thought we had FREE SPEECH in this country, regardless of the topic??

Sounds like this 20 year old is suffering from some sort of mental illness and the FBI found yet another impressionable young man to mess with, for lack of a better word, in order to arrest him for spreading Jihad. Perfect timing, too...

While I DO NOT SUPPORT anything that has to do with ISIS or ISIL, I do support our Constitution and Bill of Rights...as well as the old saying "innocent UNTIL proven guilty." Remember that??

There is no true "free speech" when the thought police are involved.

Our liberties are being eroded right before our eyes. No need for a search warrant if we are talking about terrorism. No need for a warrant to search, record and monitor communications if terrorism is involved. Hell, going by NSA actions, they do not need any kind of warrant to collect information from your cell phones and other sources. Not unless they actually peek at what they have collected....they dont do that unless they have a warrant, right? RRRIIggghhhttt.....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So, it appears that based on the disenfranchised tweets of a 20-year old suburban young man; the FBI can swoop in under the guise of a like-minded militant, nudge that person toward violent intent, supply that person with the tools for violence, and then claim victory when an arrest is made and terror plot foiled.

Pathetic.

How many of us here have expressed angry discontent over the operations of our government and law enforcement? How many of us have taken to social media to further rage our long running grievances? What would it take for over-zealous federal agents, anxious to demonstrate their worth, to classify some of us as sympathizers to enemies of the state?

Dangerous times my friends… dangerous times.

At this point SO, we have left the days of pathetic and moved to straight up laughable. I can't even take reality seriously because it's been #ing hijacked and all we see is the manufactured nonsense they want us to see.

Even when false flags and Patsy's come to light, what happens? Anything?

Yeah I thought not.

Personally, I think every single government official and intelligence operative needs to be sent to Guantanamo.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just another day at the office for the FBI . Arm the guys they claim to be fighting then congratulate themselves for foiling their own plot... Great work guys. Good to know those tax dollars are being put to good use.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

lol Yep! If you have not fully spent your budget this quarter, make damned sure you do!! And extra points for running out of money a few weeks or a month ahead of time!!! Then we can argue your need for extra dollars to be yanked out of MY pocket to pay these yahoos.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not sure I see what's wrong with the authorities actions here. If all he needed was a small push to decide to pursue violent jihad then frankly I'm happy to see he is caught by a sting before he met somebody that would plan an actual deadly attack with.

Certainly it would not be preferable for him to have been set off by people who were actual extremists and put into a position to do harm?

edit on 15-1-2015 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
2 meeting of Two days!......
Brain washing!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

There's an interesting new twist to the arrest of Christopher Lee Cornell, who was arrested for plotting an attack at a national landmark, and kill a government official. While initial stories that came out indicate the FBI "was watching" Christopher, recent details actually reveal it was an FBI sting operation.

Dad Accuses FBI of Setting Up 'Mommy's Boy' Son in Bomb Plot

The FBI first noticed Cornell several months ago, after an informant notified the agency that Cornell was allegedly voicing support for violent “jihad” on Twitter accounts under the alias, “Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah,” according to charging documents. In addition, Cornell allegedly posted statements, videos and other content expressing support for ISIS – the terrorist group also known as ISIL – that is wreaking havoc in Iraq and Syria.

John Cornell, Sr., Christopher's father, said his son could never come up with a terror plot of his own, and that the FBI is responsible for putting thoughts of violence in his head over the course of at least two secret meetings with an informant in Cincinnati. Each meeting lasted at least two days, on the last meeting, the plot to launch an attach in Washington, DC was hatched.

Christopher apparently bought nearly $2,000 worth of weaponry: two semi-automatic rifles and 600 rounds of ammunition (in addition to pipe bomb materials). However, Christopher's father said his son didn't more than $1,200 in his bank account -- the money had to have come from the FBI

So, it appears that based on the disenfranchised tweets of a 20-year old suburban young man; the FBI can swoop in under the guise of a like-minded militant, nudge that person toward violent intent, supply that person with the tools for violence, and then claim victory when an arrest is made and terror plot foiled.

Pathetic.

How many of us here have expressed angry discontent over the operations of our government and law enforcement? How many of us have taken to social media to further rage our long running grievances? What would it take for over-zealous federal agents, anxious to demonstrate their worth, to classify some of us as sympathizers to enemies of the state?

If I'm right, most of the terror plots the FBI have solved, wouldn't have been plots without the FBI pushing the "terrorist" to do it..... It's insane and a self full filling prophecy. I've also heard they are targeting people with mental illnesses. Which is even worse.....

Funny part is it doesn't take some crazy conspiracy for it to make sense. It could be just as simple as the FBI wanting the publicity and praise. I'm sure every agent involved got a promotion...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

They need patsies, pawns and PR ops here and there to divert your eyes from the true criminals, operating under a parallel and illegitimate "justice" system.

Versus the reality of the simple fact their are bad people in the world , there have been since the dawn of time and will be when the world ends.

As much as the conspiracy crowd refuses to believe it, the common man is perfectly capable of horrible acts without the aid of the IllumiNSAMAsons.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's great how if someone is accused of something.. the government has to have proof in triplicate, 9 eyewitnesses, and 3 video taped occurrences of the event.. but if someone says the government was at fault, it just takes a statement from a parent and an anonymous source or unproven statement to make it so. Great stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

This is all starting to scare me that something bad is in our future. First all the stuff in Paris and now the Belgian terrorist sweeps that are DOMINATING the American cable news cycle with seemingly little attention being paid to it by non western outlets. I really feel like an attack on US soil is coming and is coming soon. With the MSM focusing SO much attention on American racial tensions and amplifying divisions through their nonstop 24/7 coverage, to nonstop coverage of ISIS, and then Paris and now Belgium with just enough anti-Turkey slant seems to be a classic psyop. They are building fear and throughout the cold war physcological warfare and propaganda efforts were so perfected by the American intelligence apparatus that it seems more pervasive today than anytime in recent history.

All this while the Jihadi Book Haram kills an estimated 2000 and we in America barely hear anything about it. I'm not saying Paris was insignificant but numbers are numbers and this hardly is a blip in the MSM news cycle even though its radical islamists that were the perpetrators. The current MIC bogeyman. Oh that's right Nigeria doesn't have anything we want and barely factors into the global chess game unlike say Syria. I fear that if an attack is in fact perpetrated in the US and possibly further attacks in Europe, in the Syrian campaign reluctant countries, that a ground invasion will be in short order. ISIS is something that has the CIA's dirty finger prints all over. Are the terrorists real? Yes. Is Isis real. Yes, it is not a CIA front IMO. Was this engineered from the beginning as plan B is the initial air campaign against Assad was stopped? I believe so. IMHO the CIA funneled money and weapons to the right places to cause the ISIS phenomenon to grow and propagate. I also believe that the CIA is to some extent control the direction in which ISIS is pushed by using Jordanian and Saudi Intelligence to direct them. Its classic; create a problem, offer a solution, implement solution. Notice how ISIS has not yet gone after Israel? Its probably not that they don't want to but Jordan and KSA are able to direct them to more pressing priorities and they will likely never mature enough to challenge Israel. The destruction of Syria is key to the US, it weakens Hezzbollah, it weakens Iran via the loss of an ally and it may even open the door to a war against Iran do to their treaties with Syria. It also means a juicy pipeline deal through Syria. And I don't even want to add Russia into the mix but let's just say they didn't stop the US from bombing him just cause they like the guy. That seems like the game plan to me and it wreaks of Intelligence Apparatus engineering. I hope to God that I am wrong but it all seems to be following a script. Everything seems to be getting real scary at this point.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The kid was just aspiring to go to Duke University. Some details seem missing, but threatening Jihad on any public forum will get a red flag .

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

Here's a link to a thread I started that includes some backstory on Cornell. Seems he was a pretty normal guy up until last summer...I'm curious as to how he got into this mess and the differences in what is being reported about him and his history, locally.

Link to Thread

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

Yeah not the smartest move. I think this raises a fundamental question about law enforcement in America and American society in general. If the fathers narrative is correct and this kid was essentially guided by the F.B.I. to become a Jihadi it exposes the underlying philosophy that if someone has the potential to become dangerous we should then test that potential by assisting them in that endeavor. The flip side being, could we as a society, identified individuals such as this, and instead attempted to deradicalize them and then potentially have them go foward deradicalizing others of their own free will? I suppose its a gamble either way but the emphasis seems to be arrest and convict. What if the feds somehow lost control and this kid did do some damage? Would they be responsible? Especially if they were the true radicalizes? Almost reminds me of minority report in a way.

Also just to point something, I previously posted, that I see this global Jihad being CIA/MIC engineered just as it always has been. Just like with the Nazis in WWII using soviet Muslims against them and the CIA at Radio Free Liberty after the war effectively building the MB in Europe along with other Islamist organizations all while sidelining the moderates. Same could be said of the Mujahedeen, Taliban and Taliban 2.0 that originally was CIA equiped through the ISI and the ISI is still trying to manipulate them through people like Haqqani and Hekmatyar. My point being if this is all government engineered then why would the feds basically build Jihadis and then arrest them rather than have them do their bidding? The answer is very simple; the federal government is not a monolith. There are different agencies with different agendas and goals and still other groups within said agencies. This can be easily seen in the continued Intel/LE, CIA/FBI, etc. rivalry which a times boils down to pure disdain for each other. They don't want to share info because they have different goals and fears the other may disrupt any plan they may in the works.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Pathetic.

This is how they've been working it for the past thirty to forty years, maybe even longer. They string someone along, often claiming they represent a sympathetic cause or struggle. The bait is set, the mark joins in, the trap is sprung! It's an absolute fiction!

I bet you this kid would have been passive had he been left alone. Yet the entrapment game goes on...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join