It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

132 Yr Old Winchester Found Leaning Against Tree in NV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
FINALLY! I forgot where I put that thing.... Damn it took long enough...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Maybe Billy the Kid left it there.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Volund

I have seen some of those before and they are still mind blowing.

I wish there was a time lapse that shows this happening because it just doesn't make sense that a thin branch can wrap around an object and then dissolve back into itself so it looks like one branch years later. Would so love to see a time lapse of this but that would be like a 10-20+ year project.

Anyone up for the challenge?

I bet that rifle is a marker of some sorts; someone leaving one behind must have had a damn good reason to do so because you can still pawn that for cash so why leave it behind lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You know, I'd just like to start off by saying that If I were the guy who left that gun leaning against the tree I'd feel like THE dumbest # in the world. I would probably just give up on life, hand the keys to my house to some homeless guy, and take a boat with a leak in it to the middle of the ocean. I just hope that it was some nearly blind person who mistook the gun for a walking stick and accidentally left it there.

Any way, that is a really neat find and the person who found it is probably thanking his lucky stars.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

There are two cases, in my town in Ohio, of a tree engulfing items that were left leaning on or around them.

One is actually on my property where my grandfather left a pitchfork leaning on a pine tree and you can still see the tines of the pitchfork coming out of the tree.

A second story involved a local legend of a man who used to "mow the grass" at the cemetery. It was around the time of the civil war and he used a scythe, when he left to go fight in the war he left the scythe in the tree. The tree engulfed the scythe and became somewhat of a landmark tree. I believe they actually cut the part with the scythe out and have it in our library.

So, when trees grow, they do engulf items. There are two cases of this within a five mile radius of myself, and Im sure there are plenty of other cases. Granted, of course you meant that trees do not grow to engulf items that lean on them, then I have no idea what you meant.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TopCat1

Welcome to ATS! Great little story here.
The trees age, what kind of tree and how much
it would've grown in those years are some pertinent
questions one might ask. But it might be kind of
spooky to make such a find on your own. Just out
riding by yourself one day. Give the whole day a
big head change.
edit on Rpm11715v47201500000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join