It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Futile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Marijuana reform over the last few years disagrees with you. It was truly a grassroots uprising that took 18 years to gain the momentum that it does now. The little guy can most certainly enact change.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Al Gore gets his share of flack, but he was the first person I thought of while I was writing my post. My concern is that we will never trust an authority figure again enough to rally behind them.

Almost nobody trusted him then. It's been a case of shoot the messenger ever since

I have a feeling that many people believe that if they ridicule Al Gore (and his cause) they could hold on to and keep their Precious...forever. Or until the ecosystem caves - whichever comes first

People are susceptible to propaganda - marketing. Even people that used to admire AL Gore now loathe him. It's not unlike what happened with our sitting president...memes can do a lot of good - or a lot of damage. Interesting that Gore was given a Nobel Peace prize - isn't it? Europeans must be stupid and easily duped :-)

They don't understand what's important (and more importantly - real) in this world - not like us Americans

Sigh...

Now about your OP :-)

I once was on a backpacking trip through a southwestern desert here in the USA when we ran out of water and we couldn't find a source where it was supposed to be... We went about 1 day without, and we were never in serious danger, but that event made me realize: oh, yeah - water...

I swore I would never waste another drop again - and to this day I monitor the amount I use and try not to let the tap just run. Once you have that moment - right after it you realize - food, air - these things we take for granted depend on a healthy ecosystem

I'm no saint FireflyStars :-) I waste water - food - paper and electricity. Same as everyone

Everything is not futile. There are people who care about these things and are actively working on solutions. There are a great many people working against them - but they can't stop everyone. Even though our own government is now actively working against the best interests of the entire planet (and we will likely see a brain drain out of our own country) those people are still dedicated. We've come a long way from when Al Gore was preaching to the choir and was so easily dismissed

I don't know that we will win this one - but there's always hope. People have pulled together before. This will need to be a major, worldwide effort - and that's not something the humans are very good at unless their toes are in the fire

This movement is not just about saving the planet, but about saving lives, which includes improving the quality of life for all of us the world over. This is part of the reason everything feels so uncomfortable right now - economics - social causes of every conceivable kind...the lack of jobs, lack of justice, lack of civil rights - people who seem comfortable supporting the idea of never ending war - all of it. You're feeling that - as am I and millions, if not billions of others

Don't give up now - now is going to decide our future

:-)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The little guy can most certainly enact change.

I wish more people understood this. I think there has been a movement dedicated to making people feel hopeless and helpless. Not a genuine, actual conspiracy - but it's not hard to spot people working against the whole hope and change ideal

I know not everyone is a fan - and I don't mean to suggest that this is even about Obama. But, honestly - the amount of ridicule and cynicism that followed that idea for the past 6 years - we're no longer taken seriously for believing in either hope or change

Anything even remotely touching on issues of social justice is labeled PC BS

Grassroots is the beginning of important change - and that's where the opposition puts their money and their time

edit on 1/15/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

"If you can drink Ram’s pi$$, #, you can almost drink anything"

Here ya go!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I've stated it before. When they come for the firearms, I'll be there to say no.
I'll be there holding your hand as the bombs fall and the tanks roll. I'll show you how to build bombs and destroy civil infrastructure. I've gotten arrested over a dozen times for protests and anti government activities and I'll gladly get arrested again.

Even if I'm alone and die forgotten, maybe with a 3 paragraph article in the local paper.

I've had clinical depression for over 8 years now. My doctor told me that I'll be dead by age 30 by my own hand. I'll spiral into deeper and deeper depressions until I'm in one permanent bad mood.

So I don't care about dying for what I believe in. It's better than dying for a lie.

Of course it's all blah blah right now, no one is getting shot in the streets.
The people of this society are not ready to sacrifice for a better life yet, so I will wait.
I am very patient

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey just do your best.

We all forgive you.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous
a reply to: Philippines

yes that is the one
Happiness is having more options than problems.

I don't understand if you have assumptions about my lifestyle, but it's not some "escapism" fantasy world. My choices are real and the consequence is happiness.

Please tell us about yourself a bit and your current situation

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Marijuana reform over the last few years disagrees with you. It was truly a grassroots uprising that took 18 years to gain the momentum that it does now. The little guy can most certainly enact change.

It was well under way in around 1970, so far longer than that, but you do make a great point.

It might seem hopeless at times but change does happen over lifetimes. People get impatient and want it now, but anything gained too quickly is short lived and poorly constructed. It takes time for views to change and they will never change overnight.

When I was a kid trash on the sides of the road was out of control, many of the lakes were horrible polluted messes, sewers going untreated into lakes and rivers and driving down the highway you would see objects tossed out of windows without regard and nobody though much of it.

Since the 50's / 60's the environment has improved by leaps and bounds. To people who are young it would seem like nothing is happening simply because they have not lived long enough.

When I look back now the changes for the better have been dramatic overall. The one thing however that will likely never change is those who hate. Sadly.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

My comment about the human mind being maxed out was taken from a presentation of a culmination of research done by Carl Johan Calleman and Ian Xungold about time, human consciousness and the Gregorian calendar versus alternative approaches to living (flowing) in time like the Mayan.

Basically our worldwide civilization is based on a physical measurement of the sun and is an endless merry-go-round system where supposedly nothing changes. Everything in our system is deeply rooted into this artificial construct. And since the universal reality of the flow of time is probably more along the lines of cyclical, and in a spiral structure (acceleration), our minds are trapped in a type of cul-de-sac or accelerating loop.

From Calleman's research, the Mayan's system of measuring time was much more sophisticated and mapped things out in a progressive series of evolving cycles that can be mathematically overlaid historical evolution and basically goes along the metaphor of planting a seed, germination, flowering and back to seed scenario in how the flow of creation manifests in accelerating cycles of time. It was encoded as their 9-step pyramid, with the foundation of the pyramid representing the beginning or Big Bang and the top of the pyramid representing the Singularity. The presentation is worthy of consideration, despite the focus on dates that have already passed (since that is a focus on linearity).

But the main point was that since more and more was happening within a shorter and shorter amount of time, the human mind, which Xungold described as a tool of evolution that manifest in a previous epoch, was now in decline and no longer able to serve its purpose because of its inability to keep pace within an artificial construct of time in a civilization with more and more options/decisions to be made. Therefore, part of the process was a type of entropy where stress, fight of flight and a wide variety of ego meltdowns were an inevitable conclusion. Ways of dealing with it were to try other ways of flowing with time, by aligning consciousness with a different calendar, as well as acknowledging that consciousness itself has no speed limit. Going with the flow. Or going into what sports athletes call "the zone" of intuition. So basically fine-tuning the Chakra system, yes. Better done with a guide or teacher, but achievable.
edit on 2015-01-17T20:02:09-06:002015Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:02:09 -060009pm02Sat, 17 Jan 2015 20:02:09 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

I think I probably meant to say "divine intervention" - regardless, that may also be a delusion. Also my use of the phrase military strategists was referring to the old paradigm of physical battlefield types.

The OP posed a question about the possibility of achieving worldwide unity. Banding together under the threat of terrorism, I guess similar to what was displayed in France recently, is one way of achieving this. It all depends on the individual and what they want out of the world and what their goals ultimately are.

I am merely an outside observer, but based on some of your replies, I assume that an individual's state of consciousness and response to the world actually matters. Many people live their lives under the programming that they do not matter. At all. But replying to the idea of the "out there in the world" question of what to do, my mentioning of Fire on the Mountain was based on the idea of emphasizing more occult and pagan/Earth-worship based spirituality and de-emphasizing dominant forms like Christianity etc. The gathering depicted did include 400 religious authorities from around the world, but the anglo priests were sitting in the corner and looked mighty pissed off for not getting the spotlight. The message was one of backing off materialism and respecting nature and alternative forms of religion and spirituality and highlighted tribal cultures that have been largely decimated by Christianity, communism and capitalism - depending on where they're from etc.

If anything it is a counterbalance to the positive/negative polarity. Right now, the terror campaign in combination with lots of mind-numbing television shows, has produced that apathy. An "intervention" type of response expressed could catalyze the tension people feel just beneath the surface. And if the whole Earth is heading towards mass extinction, it could at least be a type of "So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye."

But mostly just an idea for the OP's question.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Consider these things:

1) Sunlight provides more energy to the Earth's atmosphere in one hour than does all mankind's fossil fuel burning for a whole year .

2) If you are getting your water from a lake or river, the water that is not used flows down to the ocean--where it is gradually evaporated and returned as rain to your lake or river. The water you use may help resupply the aquifer

3) Al Gore made billions selling carbon credits--made up BS. The guy is evil,

4) The puppets you mention--the Dali Lama, the Pope, the President, etc--they only have the power that the elite allow them to have.

5) "Global change" will be whatever the elite have planned. They have control of Governments, Media, foundations, Educational system, and NATO---and we're not smart enough to even know their identities. Only a disaster of global proportions would affect them.

6) Happiness is a side effect of doing things which increase one's chances of survival. Learn how to use a weapon, learn how to hunt and process game, go to the gym regularly and eat healthy. Avoid alcohol and tobacco. Be a friend to your family and acquaintances. Get plenty of sunshine.

7) the best we can do is to stay healthy, work to the best of our ability, and treat others as we wish to be treated---and that's true whether we are rich or poor, smart or dull, beautiful or plain..

8) The Earth is beautiful. It is not pillaged or ruined. Try to enjoy your stay here.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join