It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Futile

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

yes that is the one
Happiness is having more options than problems.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: Happiness is having more options than problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You won the lottery now go collect your winnings
edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: Happiness is having more options than problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

You're a very interesting member!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Not as interesting as a fusioneer Happiness is having more options than problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous

We all won at least one lottery with odds of about 300 million to one, fella.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hmm.. got a drink.. a cigar.. my hammock set up ..
go where want when want .. not getting shot at presently .. life is good ..

Fear ??? Nope .. nothing to fear .. life to short to worry about stupid # and 99% of what people worry about is stupid # that doesnt mean a damn thing ..
edit on 15/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

fel·la
ˈfelə/Submit
noun
nonstandard spelling of fellow, used in representing speech in various dialects.
"goodbye, young fella"

Good Bye. Happiness is having more options than problems.
2nd
edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: Just take this with you in your journey. Happiness is having more options than problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Here's the woman in red that you need to send.Code Red

Code Red

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: Happyness is having more pardons than crimes...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Anylisi Paralysis Cure Happyness is having more options than problemS

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
from ^ website;

5.Take the leap. Make a commitment to act by a certain date and follow through on your commitment without hesitation. Rest assured that you will hear the nagging voice of your own second-guessing ringing in your ears. Expect it. It is nothing more than your ego’s final “Hail Mary” attempt to keep you locked in a state of inertia. All great leaders hear that same nagging voice, yet they choose to act anyway. You can do it, too.

Misspelled analysis.
Analisi-
Any-Lisi>
google Lisi
this pops up SURFER DUDE STUNS PHYSICISTS WITH THEORY OF EVERYTHING
edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: I'm trying to show you leaps of logic

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Emeraldous

We all won at least one lottery with odds of about 300 million to one, fella.

Now did you find your winnings?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You are not alone, but I am not with you.

While I am not comfortable with the people all around me running things, I do not fear them.

Yes, I could have my home no-knock raided at at moment, and be shot in the face by a SWAT team.
Yes, I could be pulled over on my way to work today and be shot in the face by an insane officer "fearing for his life"
Russia could nuke the east coast today, and I'd die a slow horrible death.
Any number of other horrible things can and will happen to me because of this system that I am a part of...

But I am NOT fearful. I will NOT go through my day afraid of these thugs.
I AM armed.
I Recycle everything I can, and did so even before they implemented a pay-per-bag garbage system in my home town.
I make energy saving improvements to my home regularly.
I drive older cars (sans comforts) which get good gas mileage rather than newer cars with the same mileage, because it takes a lot of oil to BUILD a car.

I agree that your individual lack of effort is not making a difference- but your attitude matches that of the masses, which I'd just as soon toss in an active volcano than associate with.

Change comes from inside- you have to want it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Sadly, without a toke on whatever it is you have, that may be another point I missed by a mile

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Out of everyone I can think of in the world, Al Gore seems to have come closest to speaking realistically to the entire planet about global problems. I have no idea why there has not been more worldwide press conference type scenarios where there is a "cut the crap" mindset where someone like the Pope and many other prestigious people make worldwide headlines addressing global issues.

Why has nobody told the world that it is almost hopelessly overpopulated? People continue to pump out babies like this industrial nuclear family party will never end. I am a very rare exception who sees this day in age as being an absolutely HORRIBLE time to start a family. But maybe I am just cynical. People don't seem to realize that we are walking into a global hurricane, and so they seem to be trying to go on as if it's just business as usual - and it appears to be wearing them out. I'd say on all fronts that we have reached the ceiling in regards to social and environmental issues.

The have-nots and the mentally ill are the first to cause the biggest social uproars (violence on the rise), but the middle class is busy watching Dancing With the Stars, as far as I can tell. The increasingly horrific news and dysfunction in their daily lives is still just being swept under the carpet, somehow. I think people are doing that plug their ears "la-la-la" thing, when we all know # is getting real.

There are actually a number of over-rides to stress: Fight or Flight is the most obvious. Fight would imply the increasing murder/suicides, road rage etc, flight would include a very wide variety of addictions to substances or other habitual activities such as watching TV or playing video games, or excessive masturbation or something along those lines, as to remain unconscious. The mind has a speed limit of 28 frames per second. The mind's job is to make proper decisions to move forward in life. We have entered into a time of acceleration of complexity, combined with an equal acceleration into entropy or self-destruction, that has actually caused a maxing out of the human mind/ego itself. People are literally going out of their minds at this time, and I would go as far as to say that almost everyone alive on this planet is in danger of this (except the youngest generation and high caliber types of people who are well educated and well grounded).

What needs to happens is somebody has to force a world gathering of prestigious leaders: the Pope, the Dalai Lama, other spiritual leaders, psychologists, important political leaders like Al Gore etc, and "cut the crap" and talk to the world about all of this stuff. One of my favorite documentaries is called 'Fire on the Mountain'. It was a very special gathering of shamans, priests, and religious leaders of all faiths worldwide. I believe it was sponsored by the UN and the Dalai Lama made a special appearance. This type of show of unity of faith in combination with the world crises could help make some people stop thinking about Dancing With the Stars long enough to send out an alert signal of consciousness into the collective. If we could feel the consequences of what we are doing to the Earth, we would have a much better handle on being able to find a way to stop. If the world could be told that limiting population growth is imperative, in such a way as to be politically neutral, it could motivate people to have one child per family, for example, a scenario which would actually give parents more time to nurture their child and more expendable income etc.

The worldwide dilemma outlined as a huge network television special, something on par with the Olympics that is syndicated and translated into every language, would also help people mentally prepare for the possibility of system meltdowns, when on an unconscious level people could almost volunteer to be ones "voted off the island", so to speak. Huge cutbacks on how we live. The point needs to be driven home in a cross-cultural way that it doesn't reignite the same old "black and white" thinking errors that always surrounds issues like global warming: is it natural or man-made. Those arguments are useless, and we keep chasing our tails. If the pressure alert into the collective cannot evoke a divine intervention, then military strategists and politicians must get woo-woo enough to force a spiritual and political meeting of the minds, complete with honored rituals from all religions and prayers shared for all of Earth.

"Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues". Confucius

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Sadly, without a toke on whatever it is you have, that may be another point I missed by a mile

Accusative voice or The antipassive voice

The antipassive voice (abbreviated antip or ap) is a type of grammatical voice that either does not include the object or includes the object in an oblique case. This construction is similar to the passive voice, in that it decreases the verb's valency by one—the passive by deleting the subject (and "promoting" the accusative object to a nominative subject), the antipassive by deleting the object (and "promoting" the ergative agent to an absolutive subject). The antipassive voice is found in some Mayan, Salishan, Nakh-Daghestanian, Austronesian, and Australian languages.[1] Only one Amazonian language, Cavineña, has the antipassive.[2]:xxvii

Hmm where are you "Mayan, Salishan, Nakh-Daghestanian, Austronesian, and Australian"?
Anyways the accusative voice begets the needed defensive. And with me on the defensive you can cherry-pick sentences. And with that you could accomplish thread drift...
aka trolling

troll2
trōl/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
"we trolled for mackerel"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If you were as remotely clever as you are trying to make out, you'd have guessed that the UK in my name is a geographical reference. I wasnt trolling you, but you made bugger all sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Al Gore gets his share of flack, but he was the first person I thought of while I was writing my post. My concern is that we will never trust an authority figure again enough to rally behind them.
----
By exposing myself I intended to also expose billions of others, who may or may not have the same flaws as me, but who have the same mindset.

Humankind is just a tiny blip on Earth's timeline. We are so fragile and we desperately need something that will unify us instead of driving the millions of wedges of politics, racism, etc deeper.

Does ATS have the ability/will to start a global change? If we can't, who can and who will? I'm not looking for complacency because I already have that. I don't need to achieve inner peace, I want to know how the world population is going to save itself.

Why have humans been at war since our evolution, and what makes our era any different...? Manipulation and violence are traits deeply embedded in our population.

Does anyone think we can truthfully bounce back this time? For example, look at the damage we have caused the earth in the last 100 years. Could we repair this damage in the next 100 years? I don't think it's possible.

If I don't believe in the bridge I'm not going to step out over the chasm.
edit on 15-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
originally posted by: corsair00
a reply to: FireflyStars

Paragraph 1: One solution versus multi solutions, where everyone can ultimately work on their own cooperatively. Instead of a competition on who's idea is High School popular.

Paragraph 2: Overpopulation idea is contradicting the idea that we need to explore space and have colonists do so.

Paragraph 3: Top down versus bottom up solution, why versus? Why not cooperatively and at the same time provide tax cuts to the rich and provide double, triple salaries to

The have-nots and the mentally ill

The mind has a speed limit of 28 frames per second. The mind's job is to make proper decisions to move forward in life. We have entered into a time of acceleration of complexity, combined with an equal acceleration into entropy or self-destruction, that has actually caused a maxing out of the human mind/ego itself. People are literally going out of their minds at this time, and I would go as far as to say that almost everyone alive on this planet is in danger of this (except the youngest generation and high caliber types of people who are well educated and well grounded).
Paragraph 4 Part 1: Description of the imbalance of the human chakra system, unstudied and ridiculed. Probably by postceding (funny no definition for this one) posts.

Paragraph 4 Part 2:

The mind has a speed limit of 28 frames per second.
Frames of reference? Wow that is fast, but this would be assuming. What is 28 frames per second, video?

continued...
edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: flaws

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: too bulky

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
...continued
Paragraph 5 Part 1: Leaders have done nothing in the past all throughout history is my proof.

If the world could be told that limiting population growth is imperative, in such a way as to be politically neutral, it could motivate people to have one child per family, for example, a scenario which would actually give parents more time to nurture their child and more expendable income etc.

Paragraph 5 Part 1:I was in Beijing, my research shows that the Chinese that had one child multiplied the effect of concentrating wealth. 4 Grandparents give to 2 families give to 2 children that get married. Conclusion, we can concentrate wealth, if that is the objective, in a clearer way.

Paragraph 6 Part 1: This is a delusion, Confusion you need a transfusion dude.

If the pressure alert into the collective cannot evoke a divine intervention
This was a Freudian Slip,

Paragraph 6 Part 3:

then military strategists and politicians must get woo-woo enough to force a spiritual and political meeting of the minds, complete with honored rituals from all religions and prayers shared for all of Earth.
Paragraph 6 Part 4:Rituals...another Freudian Slip, nice catch butter fingers...

"Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues"
. Confucius Confucious' wisdom pertained to another era, long forgotten but still remembered by strategists like you who indulge in 2D Game Theory in a 4D (or more)"game"

Don't bring a stick to an Afro Circus fight

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: vid

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: oops

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join