It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Futile

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This post is about me, but it is also about EVERYONE who reads it. We all want change of some sort here at ATS.

I'm going to be brutally, scathingly honest with myself. I just don't care anymore.

I am crushed by apathy and misanthropy. I am longing for a place that probably never existed: the land of the free and the home of the brave. A place where we all were protected and served by the people, for the people.

I love nature but I don't recycle. I don't agree with my government, but I don't vote. People are starving and I waste food. We are running out of clean water and fuel, but I run the faucet until it's the right temperature and I don't adjust the thermostat. I believe the climate is changing but I drive a six-cylinder car. I want the human race to survive and equality for all, but I want my material goods and my creature comforts.

I could go on and on. If you give yourself an honest glance, I'm betting everyone here would come up with similar results.

I believe that my actions have no effect and there is no hope for reform. I REALIZE this is a self-actuating cycle, so many of us think the same way. But which one of us is brave enough and POWERFUL enough to be the one to set us on a different path...?

Which of us is rich enough? Who would hold my hand if I stepped forward? It's easy to say "I'll be there with you" until you are looking down the muzzle of a gun, or a tank... Or at a warhead. I don't want to die, especially not alone.

I believe we are approaching crisis point on all fronts and there is nothing I can do. And so I stay quiet, I stay under the radar. If you don't talk, you won't end up in the black site of a government that is not afraid of torture.

I want to arm myself, but I don't want to give anyone a weapon they could turn on me.

I am trying to stay aware, but also trying to enjoy what could be our last moments.

But most of all...
I AM FEARFUL... and there is not one thing I can do about it but tap away at ATS.

I am what I hate - a hypocrite.
And I am ASHAMED of myself.
Are you?

Are we all just waiting for the house of cards to tumble...? I am.

What says ATS? Do we save the world? Who will take the first real step? Where is our hero? How do we break the spell of terror, not from Islam but from every angle?

Can we do it? More importantly, will we? We are at a vital crossroad. Let's talk strategy.

edit on 15-1-2015 by FireflyStars because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

Thank you for you scathing honesty!

It is refreshing and I would venture to say for your spiritual journey quite uplifting!

"I love nature but I don't recycle. I don't agree with my government, but I don't vote. People are starving and I waste food. We are running out of clean water and fuel, but I run the faucet until it's the right temperature and I don't adjust the thermostat. I believe the climate is changing but I drive a six-cylinder car. I want the human race to survive and equality for all, but I want my material goods and my creature comforts."

My friend everyone one of those points you made are something that you can easily change. Apathy is a very natural response to the destructive habits we have acquired from our society. However I choose to view it as an obstacle. I have dealt with apathy my entire life due to not wanting to participate in this society. I found refuge in substances to help me go inwards and discover my own truth, this after a long time simply using drugs to escape during my youth, ultimately, there is no need to use anything other than your own breath to find this truth.

As far as voting, honestly your not voting is perfect! It is best not to contribute to the lies of the "lesser of two evils" crap!

"I believe that my actions have no effect and there is no hope for reform. I REALIZE this is a self-actuating cycle, so many of us think the same way. But which one of us is brave enough and POWERFUL enough to be the one to set us on a different path...?"

Everyone of us brave and powerful enough this is why we are here. I know not your spiritual beliefs, but I do believe very strongly that every single one of us are here to partake in this cycle of destruction/construction. For many more reasons than one, the worst thing that people fear is death and really there is no reason to fear death, since it is simply a transition, a continued evolution of the soul. More than anything we are here to conquer the evil and heal ourselves and this planet!

As crazy as it is I believe that everyone is experiencing exactly what their soul needs in order to progress however it so chooses, therefor those suffering around the world are doing so for multiple reasons, one is to help teach us compassion and lead us back to one another.

But most of all...
I AM FEARFUL... and there is not one thing I can do about it but tap away at ATS.

I am what I hate - a hypocrite. Are you?

What says ATS? Do we save the world? Who will take the first real step? Where is our hero? How do we break the spell of terror, not from Islam but from every angle?

Can we do it? More importantly, will we? We are at a vital crossroad. Let's talk strategy.

Good sir you are not a hypocrite.

Tapping away on ATS gives you an outlet and allows you to connect with others like I.

There is no action nor thought that does not contribute to the global consciousness. Start there, I know prayer has gotten a bad rap as of late, however tapping into love is the answer to overcoming the fear/terror.

I would recommend looking into sustainable communities, they are the future. We are moving through a shift and truth be told it appears that we are going to go through a period of great upheaval. I do not see this through the lens of fear though, in order to change direction we need it. Our great mother Gaia (earth) has allowed us to be spoiled little children for long enough, our spanking will hurt, but we have it within our power to change everything and we shall.

There is far more good being built all around the globe than the MSM will ever report. Innovation continues despite the fascist control over the scientific community. People are waking up at a record rate this much you can take to the bank!

Know this though my friend from tapping away on ATS, we are all doing exactly what we are supposed to. I am a firm believer in the perfection of all things. There is an unseen hand, not in the form of the elite, but in the form of our spiritual nature. Synchronicity is proof of this.

I did not mean to type as long of a response as I did, but I thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my view of the world!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amThursday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well FF I think the situation needs a good shaking out no doubt......BARRING THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE COMMING TOGETHER AND GETTING SANE......we know that aint about to happen......

For myself im just siting out on the sidelines as much as possible....watching the freak show...much like the warden on in an insane asylum......
Im willing to share information with anyone.........

When the time comes....and it will....the civilisation will be collapsed by those whose game is power......

Nobody by themselves can stand against the currents of history that are rising darkly around us....Our
only chance is communication and interaction with those of like vision....tribal survival

But in reality im too old to worry about the future much because unless it happens soon im gonna miss the climax anyways.....or be too feeble to even take a small part........

Not to mention if things went sideways id be too busy trying to survive personally to be much help to anyone else.....

If you want to save this world youll just have to fire up the younger crowd....
We can surely teach them some of what they need to know........if theyre interested.....
edit on 15-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
I believe that my actions have no effect and there is no hope for reform. I REALIZE this is a self-actuating cycle, so many of us think the same way. But which one of us is brave enough and POWERFUL enough to be the one to set us on a different path...?
]

Please attempt to fix the problems you have created in your past. Yes, that includes the darkest secrets, those people are waiting to hear from you for closure of this reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I love nature but I don't recycle. I don't agree with my government, but I don't vote. People are starving and I waste food.

At this stage i was doing good .

but I run the faucet until it's the right temperature and I don't adjust the thermostat. I believe the climate is changing but I drive a six-cylinder car. I want the human race to survive and equality for all, but I want my material goods and my creature comforts.

Now i am starting to feel a little bad .

How do we break the spell of terror, not from Islam but from every angle?

Now i am feeling helpless or dumb or ,i don't know how to describe it . Perhaps someone smarter than me might be along soon .

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
This post is about me, but it is also about EVERYONE who reads it. We all want change of some sort here at ATS.

I'm going to be brutally, scathingly honest with myself. I just don't care anymore.

I am crushed by apathy and misanthropy. I am longing for a place that probably never existed: the land of the free and the home of the brave. A place where we all were protected and served by the people, for the people.

I love nature but I don't recycle. I don't agree with my government, but I don't vote. People are starving and I waste food. We are running out of clean water and fuel, but I run the faucet until it's the right temperature and I don't adjust the thermostat. I believe the climate is changing but I drive a six-cylinder car. I want the human race to survive and equality for all, but I want my material goods and my creature comforts.

I could go on and on. If you give yourself an honest glance, I'm betting everyone here would come up with similar results.

Which of us is rich enough? Who would hold my hand if I stepped forward? It's easy to say "I'll be there with you" until you are looking down the muzzle of a gun, or a tank... Or at a warhead. I don't want to die, especially not alone.

I believe we are approaching crisis point on all fronts and there is nothing I can do. And so I stay quiet, I stay under the radar. If you don't talk, you won't end up in the black site of a government that is not afraid of torture.

I want to arm myself, but I don't want to give anyone a weapon they could turn on me.

I am trying to stay aware, but also trying to enjoy what could be our last moments.

But most of all...

I am what I hate - a hypocrite.
And I am ASHAMED of myself.
Are you?

I've been there. I suggest a complete change of environment and worry about yourself more than any collective "we", unless the collective knows how to live off the land and survive as a group for many years.

Sell/give away what you don't need and move somewhere else. I suggest a rural place, or a place with indigenous people to learn more about life. Get out of the rat race.

In my opinion there is not much to do about the situation except try your best to enjoy life and your family. The strategy is doing such in a way that makes you happy while keeping your grandchildren's futures also able to enjoy the same.

There is a lot of work in protecting that though extra DIV

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

^ escapism
I posit confrontation, namely of your fears

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Unfortunately I'm completely disabled, poor, and need constant medical care. I wish I could be a self-sustaining hermit, and I can't.

I do hope that this thread generates a fire, a real discussion on the possible solutions, rather than looking at all the problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Your fears reside in your mind, comunicate them to the ones you hurt through any means.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
DNA is remarkably complex, and all they are really doing is finding genes for specific characteristics or behaviors, either splicing them into other genes or trying to remove them. The entire human operates together and I believe that most modifications are treated like "exception errors" as opposed to being integrated within the entire program.

We would be like simpletons trying to figure out a modern computer when it comes to our efforts to engineer or even design DNA - all we are doing is tracing the function of certain parts and swapping them with others, as opposed to truly understanding how the entire machine works.

Take a ride with the spaceship heart of gold
they comunicate with a new-old tech of the past the DNA antenna phone
and get rescued.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What it comes down to is this.
There's just you, that's it.
If you are unhappy with how you live, change it.
Live differently, don't use the excuse (for that's what it is) that no one will hold your hand, or that your difference will be as a drop of water in the ocean.
If YOU change and start doing what YOU feel is right, then YOU will feel better.

That's it really.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
There's just you, that's it.
unhappy , change
Live excuse hold your hand, drop of water in the ocean.
YOU YOU YOU

That's it really.

I played around with your OP and left verbs and cli·ché
klēˈSHā/
noun
a phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought.
"the old cliché “one man's meat is another man's poison.”"
synonyms: platitude, hackneyed phrase, commonplace, banality, old saying, maxim, truism, stock phrase, trite phrase; old chestnut
"a good speechwriter will steer clear of clichés"
a very predictable or unoriginal thing or person.
"each building is a mishmash of tired clichés"
PRINTINGBRITISH
a stereotype or electrotype.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Your post was refreshingly honest, but oh so depressing. It sounds like you need a change. Why waste energy on the fear of dying alone, for instance? Dying is a solo act, regardless of whether you are in a crowded room or in a forest. The fear of pain is something else.

No one can live your life for you. It is yours to live it to the fullest once you decide to do so. The first thing I learned was that if I want things to change and become positive in my little corner of life then I had to get off my a$$ and change my tiny corner no matter what is going on out there in the rest of the world. Not a big space, but I let in those people I choose to befriend. I choose positive people and interesting ones and their energy just grabs me and lifts me.

Sometimes we just need to do things because it's the right thing to do. It's both an attitude we can develop and a deliberate choice. Your honesty is refreshing, but c'mon now, get a positive attitude and recycle, won't you? It isn't hard to do. I'm sure if you choose to make that change the rest will follow.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

While it`s sad that our legs just go all the way up and make an a$$ of themselves it seems worse when the shoulders do it too.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous
Sometimes a cliche is just a very obvious truth, too obvious for us to notice.

Your deconstruction leads me to believe you think the OP should continue to live their life according to others, but it was a bit whacky so I may have got it wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous

^ escapism
I posit confrontation, namely of your fears

What do you mean by this? I looked up the definition to make sure this is what you mean:
"the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy."

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I was clear, everyone has dark secrets they need to resolve very soon. Don't misinterpret, be patient.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nothing will ever change.

There are too many people to be able to formulate a plan and take actions.

The people who can do something about it are in love with money and power, they do not work for the people.

This has been a cycle for many centuries - we are trapped and nothing will change.

Best thing to do is make the best of what you have, be happy and if it makes you feel good do the government's job and do some bits for charity.

ROLL ON DEATH!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emeraldous
a reply to: SprocketUK

I was clear, everyone has dark secrets they need to resolve very soon. Don't misinterpret, be patient.

You were clear(ly replying to the wrong post there, well done)!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

change
CHānj/Submit
verb
make or become different.
"a proposal to change the law"
make or become a different substance entirely; transform.
"filters change the ammonia into nitrate"
alter in terms of.
"the ferns began to change shape"
synonyms: alter, make/become different, adjust, adapt, amend, modify, revise, refine; More
(of traffic lights) move from one color of signal to another.
(of the moon) arrive at a fresh phase; become new.
take or use another instead of.
"she decided to change her name"
move from one to another.
"she changed jobs incessantly"
synonyms: exchange, substitute, swap, switch, replace, alternate, interchange
"they've changed places"
move to a different train, airplane, or subway line.
give up (something) in exchange for something else.
"we changed the shades for vertical blinds"
remove (something dirty or faulty) and replace it with another of the same kind.
"change a light bulb"
put a clean diaper on (a baby or young child).
engage a different gear in a motor vehicle.
"wait for a gap and then change gears"
exchange (a sum of money) for the same amount in smaller denominations or in coins, or for different currency.
put different clothes on.
"he changed for dinner"
noun
noun: change; plural noun: changes; noun: Change; plural noun: Changes
the act or instance of making or becoming different.
"the change from a nomadic to an agricultural society"
the substitution of one thing for another.
"a change of venue"
synonyms: exchange, substitution, swap, switch, changeover, replacement, alternation, interchange
"a change of government"
an alteration or modification.
"a change came over Eddie's face"
synonyms: alteration, modification, variation, revision, amendment, adjustment, adaptation; More
a new or refreshingly different experience.
"couscous makes an interesting change from rice"
a clean garment or garments as a replacement for clothes one is wearing.
"a change of socks"
informal
menopause.
noun: the change
the moon's arrival at a fresh phase, typically at the new moon.
BASEBALL
another term for change-up.
coins as opposed to paper currency.
"a handful of loose change"
synonyms: coins, loose/small change, silver; More

I usually start my arguments with "Please define blah"
So I just did, just now. This is an arguement.
Define arguement?
1. An attempt to win
2. 4n attempt to convince

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join