It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If? Rendlesham Forest Incident - Evidence Of Disinformation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
--------------------
What If?
--------------------

*OP note* I do not believe this to be true or false, I am just throwing out a theory after noticing something on a video I watched. I have not witnessed a UFO in person but I am open minded enough to understand something odd is going on in our world.

What if the Rendlesham Forest incident is evidence of disinformation put forth by the so called "powers" of the world to exacerbate the UFO phenomenon...

Having visually consumed countless UFO documentaries, I have grown bored with the subject to a degree since it seems I have seen/read just about everything related to the subject. It is a rare day I see/read some new information related. Due to this I have not sat down to watch a related video in a while.

I saw a new video put up by UFOtv and decided to check it out. After watching a little over a half an hour, I was not seeing anything new pertaining to this elusive subject. They were retelling the good old Rendlesham Forest incident again. About to turn off the video, I noticed SGT. James Penniston (of Rendlesham fame) once again reliving his story. But something caught my eye.

The video shows Penniston on scene of the encounter walking around the area of the landing. He even possesses the original notepad on him as he recounts.

Within his retelling I saw he was wearing an odd ring on top of his wedding ring. I would of thought nothing about it but the ring is shown a few times, so it began to really catch my eye.

Clip from video:

What if this little ring is evidence that Penniston is actually a shill, working to spread disinformation and adding further proof that the governments of the world are intentionally trying to muddy the waters?

Why the ring? The ring is extremely symbolic and could be evidence of Penniston's connection to some group or organization. My knowledge of jewelry and the esoteric is sparse at best.

So the purpose of this thread is to see if other members may notice the symbols on the ring. Also perhaps help to shed light on to if this ring may be connected to certain groups or organizations. Is it common to wear another ring on top of one's wedding ring?

I understand a ring alone does not blow the whole thing open. But I have always felt the fact that retired government officials are speaking the "truth" but are somehow still alive, is extremely fishy at best. That makes this whole part smell weird to me and adding layers, like an odd esoteric looking ring, just seems to possibly deepen the plot.

There are also engravings on the sides of the ring, though difficult to see.

Zoomed in a bit:

I would really like to know if that odd design might be seen on other objects and what if anything, could they mean. I do know the esoteric and symbolism goes hand in hand. Could this be a little wink to the enlightened, could this be a load of bollocks? I thought it was cool and a theory right at home at ye ole ATS.

With all that in mind, now watch this little clip from the video. Penniston is answering a question about knowing the truth about it being an UFO. What if he is referring to the actual truth.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to all comments.

Here is the link and embedded full video:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 1/15/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If he has 3 kids and the stones represent each one it would be a great father's day present and wearing it with his wedding ring would be appropriate.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Indeed that would be.

What about the 2 lines, the odd dots and it sitting to one side and at an angle?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

3 unbalanced kids going forth on a parallel
crash course to the big house,

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
With the left side being blank, I could see him having more added to it.

I would love to know the true meaning behind it's symbolism.

It obviously is most likely some personal connection/meaning, I just thought it would make an interesting thread topic.

Plus the fact that so many retired government officials have spoken out and are still alive makes me believe the governments are intentionally pushing disinformation about the subject. If all this was actually true, would the powers that be really allow this info out?

edit on 1/15/2015 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If that ring had any meaning toward him being a shill, I seriously doubt he'd be wearing it while demonstrating and discussing what took place during the Rendlesham incident.

But honestly, I think that this is reaching a bit. I bet all that ring is, is something family oriented. Hes wearing it near his wedding ring. So maybe it has something to do with his children. Maybe it was a present from one of them. I seriously doubt that any happily married man would wear a ring with cloak and dagger organizational ties next to his wedding ring like that. Not to mention, people in secret organizations don't wear these things casually like that anyway. Especially if it has top secret implications.

Or maybe its just some special Military ring that they got back then? That has some kind of Military meaning? Maybe it was custom made and some symbol status that himself and a few other Military friends shared?

My bet is family or military meaning.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I am not a shill or a disinformation agent...

That is a pic of my wedding band, my mother's wedding band, and a wedding set that my husband purchased later. Notice how some go off to the side? They stay like that unless I fix them constantly. Any top heavy ring is going to go off to the side with movement.

This ring could easily be his father's wedding band that he was given. A Father's Day gift from his wife/children as another poster mentioned. It could even be his class ring. I have seen many older class rings that look like this.

I'm not saying that he isn't a shill or a disinformation agent, I am just saying that this alone doesn't make it so IMO. Lots of us wear our jewelry in weird ways as you can see from my pic. Maybe like me... He couldn't decide which one he wants to wear all the time, so he wears both.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

3 stars and the bit on the side looks like a chevron or the star trek symbol

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
My pops wears a ring like this. Not identical, but similar. The meaning behind it is known only to immediate family, and has nothing to do with any group or anything.

I would say the odds are heavily stacked towards this having a personal meaning than some sort of "nanny nanny boo-boo" nose-thumbing at people.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Indeed, as I stated at the very beginning, I neither believe this nor disbelieve it. It's just a thought that popped in my head after noticing something I perceived as odd.

And I thought it would make an interesting thread. As to shill's in general. I am really starting to believe all these so called high ranking retired government officials that have come forward are shills. Why? Because they are coming forward with information pertaining to one of any governments biggest secrets, yet they all can still walk and talk.

Almost like the government that employed them throughout their career's just doesn't seem to care that their secrets are being leaked. It's that, or the governments know it's all crap because they have orchestrated the entire "retired military officials" coming forward shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Creepy skull ring! I hope it's an accident and the three rings aren't designed to fit together into a grinning death's head.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you for the response.

I am curious if you wear those rings like that normally (stacked on top). I used the ring as a teaser to the bigger picture, disinformation.

My main point is why would governments allow supposedly retired ex-employees to speak out freely about supposedly secret subjects. The ring really is just a teaser to lead into the bigger picture.

I chose this because of the ring as a teaser and how many consider Rendlesham to be one of the pinnacles to prove the existence of off world visitors.

I also find it interesting how the word sham is found within Rendlesham...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I would also like to put forth how the binary code that Penniston supposedly had somehow psychically transmitted into his mind, really is seemingly too good to be true.

Even the official site states how binary was not more known until after the year 2000. Pointing out how just how convenient it would be to say he just wrote this down years ago, thus there is no way he could know binary code then. But what if the code was written much later? Check out this image from the official site where Penniston scratches out a bit to correct an error...

What is more likely? His psychically imprinted message was somehow transmitted to his fingertips incorrectly? Or he copied the code down from a source(memo) and made a mistake?

Little or no significance was attached to this long series of zeros and ones until 2010, when a meeting was held to mark the 30th anniversary of the Woodbridge UFO case. Penniston apparently did not realize it could be some kind of “code”. Indeed, computer codes did not enter the awareness of a typical person on Earth until after the year 2000. Most people still do not know about them today, although they appear regularly in crop pictures!
source

Here is what this binary code information was after it was "decoded" :

source

Too good to be true? Possibly...

I am starting to think probably...

edit on 1/15/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Aren't there several "Rendlesham Forest Didn't Happen" threads on ATS already?

Did they rename the forest RendleSHAM shortly before the incident took place? Just because the name of the place ends in sham, it has to have significance? Really?

Starting a thread about a father's ring being symbolic of this case being a disinformation campaign? But, but I thought it was just a light house they ALL saw in the distance...

Not even going to touch the opinion about the binary code.

Honestly, does this OP really belong here since it is purely speculation and an opinion from the OP? Better suited for the Gray Area, if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I can clearly tell you just skimmed through the thread so I will address each of your points.

originally posted by: lovebeck

Aren't there several "Rendlesham Forest Didn't Happen" threads on ATS already?

According to the good old ATS search engine, no. I used Rendlesham Forest Hoax Faked as keyword searches.
Unless you want to skim through numerous pages, all I found was one poorly made thread here. Other then that, just references in other thread topics. If there are "several" other Rendlesham hoax threads on ATS, I am not finding them and I apologize if they're out there somewhere.

Did they rename the forest RendleSHAM shortly before the incident took place? Just because the name of the place ends in sham, it has to have significance? Really?

Clearly my use is tounge-in-cheek but I can tell you are an avid believer(at least it seems) in Rendlesham, so for that I will put forth more information in another post here going into more evidence to question the validity of the Rendlesham Forest incident.

Starting a thread about a father's ring being symbolic of this case being a disinformation campaign? But, but I thought it was just a light house they ALL saw in the distance...

Just because a member mentions a possible family connection, as did I, does not make it so. Also the ring does not make it proof of connections to nefarious organizations. I simply stated the ring may hold evidence to show a connection to a possible group. Nefarious or not. The real underlying issue is Disinformation. Like I stated in multiple replies here:

originally posted by: mcx1942

I understand a ring alone does not blow the whole thing open. But I have always felt the fact that retired government officials are speaking the "truth" but are somehow still alive, is extremely fishy at best. That makes this whole part smell weird to me and adding layers, like an odd esoteric looking ring, just seems to possibly deepen the plot.

Plus the fact that so many retired government officials have spoken out and are still alive makes me believe the governments are intentionally pushing disinformation about the subject. If all this was actually true, would the powers that be really allow this info out?
ect... Just to shut out the rest of the thread because of knee jerk reactions seems short sighted in my opinion.

Not even going to touch the opinion about the binary code.

I'm not sure what this refers to. Are you convinced that the binary code presented, was written down when and where Penniston claimed it was?

I am not.

Honestly, does this OP really belong here since it is purely speculation and an opinion from the OP? Better suited for the Gray Area, if you ask me.

It sounds almost like you are offended by the idea that Penniston may not be as truthful as he may seem. As I eluded to earlier I will make another post going into some more odd tid bits that makes me question the validity of this "story".

I feel there is more than enough evidence of questionable circumstances behind Rendlesham to easily keep this thread out of the Grey Area. I feel this "incident" reeks of disinformation.

Disinformation: false information deliberately and often covertly spread (as by the planting of rumors) in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth.
source

edit on 1/22/2015 by mcx1942 because: link

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Even the official site states how binary was not more known until after the year 2000.

Interesting post.
What do you mean about Binary code not being known about until after 2000?
Binary has its roots in the 18th century and as a more recent example- Morse code is a type of Binary.

If you mean the common ASCII Binary. That has been around since the 60's.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

That was my point, I just did a terrible job just at conveying it. I was trying to point out how the official site to this event stated that fact.

I feel it is an important part so I want to post the quote from the official site again:

Little or no significance was attached to this long series of zeros and ones until 2010, when a meeting was held to mark the 30th anniversary of the Woodbridge UFO case. Penniston apparently did not realize it could be some kind of “code”. Indeed, computer codes did not enter the awareness of a typical person on Earth until after the year 2000. Most people still do not know about them today, although they appear regularly in crop pictures!
source

So besides the strange description of binary use, it seems a trained military personal didn't realize it could be a code written down until 30 years after? Sounds fishy at best. This is all according to the "official" site.
edit on 1/22/2015 by mcx1942 because: link

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So besides the strange description of binary use, it seems a trained military personal didn't realize it could be a code written down until 30 years after? Sounds fishy at best. This is all according to the "official" site.

They don't generally train SPs in binary code.

In fact, we used to refer to them as "nine week wonders" in tech school.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You cast your suspicion upon something you are not familiar with....It seems to me that you should have Googled if people wear multiple rings and I guess a little bit search work may relief your suspicion.

Secondly, even if the ring was something you had expected, why would James Penniston wear it to jeopardize a well covered lie for decades? Logically it does not make any sense.

In fact, the object in the famous Rendlesham Forest incident is still unidentified and no one leaks any possible classified information to public, why do you feel strange that they are alive?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Paperjacket

originally posted by: Paperjacket
You cast your suspicion upon something you are not familiar with....It seems to me that you should have Googled if people wear multiple rings and I guess a little bit search work may relief your suspicion.

It is not the fact the he is wearing multiple rings that I found odd. It is the design of the engraving I found odd. I personally have not seen one like that. They tend to always be more like high school rings. I just found it odd and esoteric looking. I was hoping someone here may have seen a similar design of the engraving and it seems some have.

Secondly, even if the ring was something you had expected, why would James Penniston wear it to jeopardize a well covered lie for decades? Logically it does not make any sense.

Well, even if it just happens to actually be a ring with some sort of esoteric/nefarious connections, there is no way anyone could prove it anyway. So it is a circular argument and pointless. The main underlying issue is disinformation in general and how retired ex-military personal coming forward with multiple government's biggest secrets, seems to good to be true. Thus the use of the word shill.

Which the more I research this now, the more I'm starting to think they are all shills.

In fact, the object in the famous Rendlesham Forest incident is still unidentified and no one leaks any possible classified information to public, why do you feel strange that they are alive?

The point is when actual true government secrets that are meant to remain secret get out, there tends to be suppression of the evidence. That is not the case with UFO cases tied to military personal for a while. They seem to be coming out of the wood work now a days. Yet that is not good enough proof to acknowledge the existence of extraterrestrial life from the world's governments.

They still deny even though many ex's and retired personal have come forward. So then that probably means the governments are actually encouraging this media form now just to continue to exponentially muddy the waters. Thus making actual real research more difficult.

edit on 1/22/2015 by mcx1942 because: fix

top topics

<<   2 >>

join