It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some good news for a change; Arrested teen saves life of officer booking him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, the first few weeks of 2015 have been nothing short of a horror show.

One situation that is a but more positive is where a teenager being booked for jail saved the life of the officer arresting him.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

On the wrong side of the law, but a hero by almost any other measure.

That's the short story of Jamal Rutledge, a 17-year-old who saved the life of a Florida police officer in September, when he called for help after the officer clutched his chest and collapsed while booking Rutledge into jail. The teen, and several responding officers, will be publicly recognized at a ceremony Jan. 21.

And

EMTs arrived shortly thereafter and transported Foulks to Broward Health Medical Center, police said, where medical staff concluded Rutledge's prompt response was "largely responsible" for saving the officer's life.

Perhaps minor news in the scheme of things, but nice to see something positive in amongst all the horror of late.
edit on 14-1-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Sooo...did they let him off? Lol.

Nice to see some positive news for a change, though.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I may be wrong but I don't think I am, unfortunately he's already been arrested a few times since. I read this earlier on ATS or somewhere else and someone commented they hoped the experience would help him stop breaking the law. That was responded to with information about arrests after this incident in September.
edit on 1420150120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My dad always told me, you don't get an attaboy for doing what you are suppose to do.

new topics

top topics

join