It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

softwood lumber nobody cares freetrade they like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
why have the usa not giving back 4 billion dollars back to canada?wto has told them the it is illegal tariffs . the Byrd Amendment law was recently ruled a violation .what they cant write canada on a blank check somewhere.i guess nobody really cares about the people up here who have lost there jobs, homes and every else under the sun.free trade is a losing proposition. the new year will bring higher prices lower wages and alot of people world wide being put on lay offs.i think it was better the old way without free trade.at least we had more choices.notice that all our public services like hydro and health care going privatized while our jobs and money are going free trade.it should be in reverse.we tried it both ways. which way do you like?.i like the snapshot of the un report that just came out lately 800 million people starving and below poverty line.oh yes freetrade merry ho ho........

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh dear,
Brain Mulroney deserves all our love.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Free trade only works for the country with the better economy.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

why have the usa not giving back 4 billion dollars back to canada?

Because you'd just piss it away. Better for us to keep it.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

What a childish, immature reponce to someone that is obviously economically displaced at this moment. jsobecky, the tables could be turned on you one day. And, if you were in this paticular situation, your attitude would be much different.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey

Originally posted by jsobecky

What a childish, immature reponce to someone that is obviously economically displaced at this moment. jsobecky, the tables could be turned on you one day. And, if you were in this paticular situation, your attitude would be much different.

Oh grow up and lighten up, fer chrissakes. It was only a joke.

You don't know squat about his situation or my situation, so don't make assumptions.

And learn how to spell.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yes, I agree.
With Walmart going full bore in China, US jobs will be lost and we will see who is crying in their soup. Used to be "Made in America" wait and see, "Can't afford this in America" soon. Your jobs will leave and then what? Gotta shop at the Sally Ann. Fair trade is fair trade. Soon everything will be made in China, and cheaply so. Shirt falls apart after a couple of washings. No thanks, I want to pay for what I get. But give me a choice. The bottom dollar is not the end all. Without American dollars, and their market all will be lost.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Complete free trade means a level playing field [market].

Guess what! Most of the world is the 3rd world [poverty].

If what you have to sell is your labor, the labor pool just exploded in size.

It is quite scary. It means everything is going to change, especially for the 1st world working person.

People are a commodity, and easy and pleasant to reproduce.

Welcome to the brave new world.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
wow slank and slink! this is awesome!

top topics

join