It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxford University Press bans use of pig, sausage or pork-related words to avoid offending Muslims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Why cant Christians ban anything muslim-related as offensive? They just want us all dead, no big deal, right?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Because that's politically incorrect/bigoted/phobic/hateful/narrow-minded/anything Christian.

In short, you'd be flamed off the net and probably cut from all social circles if you try to crusade for anything related to Christianity.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

And this nation was founded with the idea of freedom to worship for every man...except THAT one!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
Makes sense to me.

1 billion Muslims in the world are now aware that Oxford Press takes their religion seriously.

You can't buy this kind of exposure.

LOL....the Jews have been anti-pig for a long time but Oxford.....well you get the point.

Besides Ox? Offensive to Ox's? Name a university after a place where Ox cross the river? Thats real deep man. Maybe the Saudis donated a bunch of money to them.

edit on 14-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Let's be clear.

This banning the word "pig" stupidity has nothing to do with Muslims or Jews.

It's the idiotic politically correct white liberals at Oxford Press that made this decision. I will go out on the proverbial limb and bet that it wasn't a Jew or a Muslim that decided this.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Let's be clear.

It's the idiotic politically correct white liberals at Oxford Press that made this decision. I will go out on the proverbial limb and bet that it wasn't a Jew or a Muslim that decided this.

It was probably money. As most things are.

With a growing population of Muslims. There is probably a very lucrative market for appropriate books for Muslim children.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I will go out on a limb and say they just tossed the Jews in there as not to appear to phony and transparently like a bunch of rear end kissing Islamophiles.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well either way my Alien Agenda will overthrow these huligans.

I got big plans for the world. But for now, i am seeing how things pan without intervention.

The moment cyborgs controlled by A.I come to the scene, Hide and duck for cover. Because there is going to be a purifying of the land.

I guess it won't be me doing it but rather i am just passing on a message here.

Life is so lucid lol. More lucid than dreams sometimes. Their gunna need Allah to stop my Jinn from conquering.
And if you think im crazy that's fine
This is why i love ATS. So many unique people are able to provide quite the good distraction. I'd say the world has it's hand tied in internal affairs and drama.

I think this song is relevent. Just read the lyrics.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thorfourwinds

Now that is a damn good quote. Politicians come to mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
and then folks wonder why people go and do strange stuff like baconising a mosque ....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I came to this thread thinking there would be a joke and a punch line. Sadly, this is a true story. There is madness afoot in the world right now.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

No spots. There really are holey cows
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Sad part is...
I just made 2 packs of bacon. That I turned into bacon crumbles to sprinkle over vanilla ice cream with fudge.
Sooo good..

Seriously you put bacon on ice cream . Off topic i know .. but ..Really.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
Makes sense to me.

1 billion Muslims in the world are now aware that Oxford Press takes their religion seriously.

You can't buy this kind of exposure.

6 billion other people are now aware Oxford Press is a joke. Definitely can't buy that exposure, nor would you want to.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Jamie1
Let's be clear.

It was probably money. As most things are.

With a growing population of Muslims. There is probably a very lucrative market for appropriate books for Muslim children.

And the smart man realizes that, and keeps the word pig out of books for that audience. The dumb man removes the word from their entire dictionary and has to pretend the animal no longer exists.

Imagine writing a cook book for NON MUSLIMS/JEWS and removing all reference to any pig product?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Initial report I saw of this said the words were being removed so as not to offend Muslims AND Jews.

Did they get a phone call demanding the Jewish reference be removed, to give the impression this was another Muslim only issue I wonder?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
said it before, will say it again, muslims were not invited to european countries out of kindness. they were invited to forward an agenda of the globalists, in which religion in general, is the target. if they can't get the muslims and other beliefs to be offensive enough, they will make it appear that they are. europe is a big fat trap. if you're muslim, christian or jew, you need to get out of there.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If there is a swine flu outbreak on campus, I wonder how they report it? I guess the re education sensitivity classes are paying off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join