It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged ISIS supporter with plans for attack on Capitol arrested in Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.newsnet5.com...

This story is still developing. Will update as more info becomes available.

Christopher Lee Cornell -– also known as Raheel Mahrus Ubaydah -– was arrested earlier today on charges of attempting to kill a U.S. government official, ABC News reports.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Just breaking on Sky News here in the U.K.

They have named him as Christopher Cornell, apparently he is an ISIS sympathiser and has been researching how to build a pipe bomb, purchased a firearm and 600 rounds of ammunition.

news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Some dumb wannabe. Probably wouldn't even be able to master the art of lighting petrol on fire.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Just saw this come across my cnn feed.

s&f

will be following

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherAnimal
Some dumb wannabe. Probably wouldn't even be able to master the art of lighting petrol on fire.

Clearly. He got caught before he could cause any real damage. That isn't to downplay this sort of threat. It's more like a sigh of relief that the authorities were able to apprehend him before he hurt innocent people. I think anyone who sympathizes with ISIS should be shipped to Syria and stripped of their citizenship. Let's see how much they love their caliphate.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Telling an undercover person what he would like to do. Sound familiar? Pipe bombs and shoot at fleeing people.

Some plan.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A name like Christopher Cornell doesn't sound Islamic does it? I see he used a more Islamic sounding name on Twitter and that is how they identified him I guess, but what''s the truth here I wonder?

Is it someone with genuine ISIS sympathies or someone who was just after a bit of attention? Either way, he's been apprehended so can't cause any harm.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Both likely. Can't get any ISIS dosh for some proper weaponry, can't even get a loan to change his name to something menacing.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

has been researching how to build a pipe bomb

Can't get much dumber than that..
There are really people out there that don't know how to make a simple pipe bomb? Seriously?

(Hey NSA...how ya doin'? Yeah, no...I have NO intentions on doing it....but I used to blow a LOT of sh*t to bits when I was a teenager...< however, mostly just grass and trees and stumps and the like)

Ok...now that that disclaimer is out of the way...

Seriously, this guy is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A confidential government source made contact with him on Twitter, agents said. They said the two met up in Cincinnati on Oct. 17 and 18 and discussed an attack on the U.S. Capitol.

So they talked someone with obvious mental problems into commiting a crime he may not have carried out on his own then arrested him for it lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wonder if he is any kin to Marius Vanderloo

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Chris cornell......The lead singer of soundgarden.....is that this guy's REAL name?
Not saying it isn't. ...just one of those names I always thought was one in a million ....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Surely thsts doing the US people a favour rather than terrorism ?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I saw one article with the father that said he's a Mama's boy and joined IS 2 months ago. You have to love it when dad is shaming you to the world calling you a "Mama's boy". LOL

Mama's Boy

top topics

join