It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone want a theocracy?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Theocracy.

theocracy
θɪˈɒkrəsi/Submit
noun
a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god.

It is obviously some people would love their country to have laws based on whatever religion they are.
Personally I would like all religions out of all governments.
So my questions.

1) would you like a theocracy?
2) If so what laws would you like brought in to do with your religion.
3) Should even a none theocratic government have any laws which are down to a religious view?.

Questions for anyone religious or not.
I wonder If people are brave enough to post their true feelings on this subject?.

I don't think we need a true theocracy. I think humanity should decide what laws we will consider divine, and which laws are subjective.

I think that was what the founding fathers intended with the bill of rights. The bill of rigjts could be considered divine law, laws that should never be subject to change, unless of course in our evolution we come to realize that one of the divine laws no longer pertains to us. Today we will fight for our right to bare arms, but 1000 years from now we might be willing give up that right.

The constitution which is man's law can be changed to reflect the ideas of a modern society.

So I think we need a set of divine laws that are unchangeable without all of humanity having the right to vote and a significant majority, say 75% of the world population would have to agree, because our founding fathers believed in the divinity of the bill of rights, and men have died to protect them.

We should not be so willing to give up the divine law. But the constitution is broken, money has found a way to unravel Jefferson's puzzle, so we must recreate the matrix.

Then we need to elect humanitarians, not cooperate employees who's laws stand against the Government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
edit on 14-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

What are divine laws btw?.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thou shalt not kill.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

So those are divine?.
I think those would have been here with or without religion or God.
But this is a subject for another thread
edit on 14-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Laws that we believe that it is natural to assume any divine entity would want for us. The bill of rights are called unalienable rights, because our founding fathers agreed.

I also agree that the founding fathers who believed in God, were correct and the bill of rights protects those rights.

We do not need a book, the divine light is part of us. We should be able to come to a global consensus on what rights that God has endowed us with, so that tyranny can never rise to power again.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So those are divine?.

When have TPTB ever been prevented from taking a good idea or trend and using it for control and social engineering?
I thought we had evolved past the need for divine laws to tell right from wrong, Im not so sure though. I dont know if we have evolved at all. I just....dont know. lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

So those are divine?.

When have TPTB ever been prevented from taking a good idea or trend and using it for control and social engineering?
I thought we had evolved past the need for divine laws to tell right from wrong, Im not so sure though. I dont know if we have evolved at all. I just....dont know. lol.

The ones who wrote those laws believed they were divine. And they speak a truth worth dying for.

What is worth dying for if it is not divine?

Devine because God said so or divine because they are worth dying for doesn't matter much to me.
edit on 14-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

originally posted by: OneManArmy

So those are divine?.

The ones who wrote those laws believed they were divine. And they speak a truth worth dying for.

What is worth dying for if it is not divine?

Devine because God said so or divine because they are worth dying for doesn't matter much to me.

An arbitrary number of virgins is a perceived truth worth dying for with some believers.
A distinction should be drawn. My children are worth dying for, to me.
People have already died for the freedoms we enjoy, the problem is, we became complacent, we dont appreciate the sacrifice of our ancestors that allowed us to enjoy the "God" given unalienable rights we now take for granted and give away freely.

Our freedom is worth dying for, its a price paid many times over.
An ancient book that prohibits the eating of shellfish isnt. Although just as many have died for its cause.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As a christian I say NO

Sorry human run therocracy allways ends bad.

If god wants a theocracy he needs to come down and set it up himself.

Humans can not be trusted one iota.

Infact humans can not be trusted with any goverment.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Dont want any bloody religion or government am an anarchist. Time humanity grew up and dumped the primitive superstion and the failed systems of oppression ..

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I agree with that. We shouldn't need an ancient book to tell us right from wrong, but apparently most people don't believe that they are intelligent beings capable of free thought and morality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join