It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Economy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mitt Romney promised by the end of his first term (December 2016) he would achieve

GDP Growth 4% by end of 2016
Unemployment at 5.9% by the end of 2016
www.nationalreview.com...

Current (December 2014)

GDP Growth is 5%
Unemployment is at 5.6%

Michelle Bachmann promised us in 2012 that she would give us $2 gas by 2016 if we made her President!

Bachmann: I'll bring back $2 gas
money.cnn.com...

We are now at $2 dollars a gallon 2 years later. Though Bachmann would like us to believe she made it happen

Stock Market?

Unemployment?

The work that remains to be done is average wages and over-sized income distribution disparity…both topics that the GOP very loudly OPPOSE addressing.

So I am just curious…since the current President has exceeded the ambitious claims the GOP candidates for President made, and done so two years early…what economic policy criticisms will they employ in the coming election? By all objective accounts, the GOP should be applauding the economic achievements of this administration.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The only reason we are at $2 gas is because of Saudi Arabia trying to kill fracking.

Obama didn't have jack snip to do with it.

And under the Obama economy over 100 million people are out of work

46 million are on food stamps.

Student loan DEBT is $1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS.

The National Deficit is $18 TRILLION DOLLARS. IT was $10 TRILLION when he took over.

The Tax rate has been raised on capitol Gains multiple times since he was elected.

The Stock Market is only being propped up by the FED.

The Obama economy is a GD joke.
edit on 14-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Bill Maher covered this nearly identically.

I am awaiting the ever courageous counterpointy heads to ravage this. I MEAN(!), it must be a LIBERAL CONSPIRACY LED BY A NIGERIAN MUSLIM to have achieved goals better than their leading intellectual lights and political leaders.

I am not an I'llbombya fan. Credit needs to be given to both parties for being so ineffective at governing that by horse-collaring every passing bill, they haven't been able to screw things up.
If I were a Repulsican, I proclaim that is why we are doing so well.
If I were a Demoncrat, I'd say if you get those dopes out of our way we could do so much better.

It's a win-win for TPTB!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He didn't arrest the Saudis for 9/11.
You mention incremental tax increases on the rich. (Most poor don't have capital gains to declare in MY world.) An then complain about the poor and a lack of jobs.
Since all the money (virtually) is tied up by the oligarchy (whose continued existence offends me) how can you complain about taxes while simultaneously moaning about the poor.

Lots more taxes are needed. Freaking GOBS of PROGRESSIVE TAXES.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So the unemployment is really 33%ish? One in three americans are unemployed? Link please.....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector

So the unemployment is really 33%ish? One in three americans are unemployed? Link please.....

Neo is including first trimester conceptions on up. Don't take the bait.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Who didn't arrest the Saudis for 911?

Obama?

The man held no office in 2001. I laughed out loud when he said he didn't vote to go to war back then.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Neo is including first trimester conceptions on up. Don't take the bait.

Hahahaha....I'd say there are a few headstones included in his numbers as well.....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

93 Million aren't even factored into the unemployment numbers!

Source

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

www.forbes.com...

Record 46 Million Americans Are on Food Stamps

www.usdebtclock.org...

Saudi Arabia's Attempt to Kill Off U.S. Fracking

How The $1.2 Trillion College Debt Crisis Is Crippling Students, Parents And The Economy
edit on 14-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

46 million are on food stamps.

Student loan DEBT is $1.2 TRILLION DOLLARS.

Uh-huh...and over 85% of those 46 Million are children in households recovering from a near economic collapse that occurred before the President took office. The other 15% of Food Stamp recipients are mostly elderly and the disabled.

What's the GOPs plan...to make those children and elderly go to work? Or just let them starve?

On student loan debt...That means you are in favor of the Presidents Proposal to make Community College free?

Interested in the GOPs plans for those challenges?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

93 Million aren't even factored into the unemployment numbers!

Source

Bingo, only those claiming or trying to claim unemployment, are counted.

It has absolutely nothing to do with those not employed.

Under obamas economy we lost tens of millions of jobs that pay well, replaced by a few million walmart mcdonalds pay jobs.

Ya thanks obama. This economy is great if you are rich, bs if you arent.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So the unemployment is really 33%ish? One in three americans are unemployed?

If you count all the college students, the unofficially retired (like me) and those in nursing homes, etc.

Those "not in the labor force" have been increasing for many years, probably due to the baby boomers who are retiring or don't need to work (such as myself). neo's numbers count me as "unemployed". Only a small percentage of those "not in the labor force" actually want a job.

It's a tactic the right wing uses to make things sound worse than they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Reply in bold below

www.businessinsider.com...

From May of 2012 and counts everyone over 16, HS and College Students, retired and elderly et al...not a small segment

www.zerohedge.com...
Again from May of 2012 and counts everyone over 16

www.forbes.com...
Funny counting OP-ED and 1 Year OLD

edit on 14-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

One of the few times I will agree with Neo96 but he's dead on.

All of the statistics used by the OP are numbers generated by cherry picking what will and will not be included. I've said this before however. And so have others on ATS.

The numbers unfortunately are bullshoot. All of the numbers are bs. UK, USA, China, Japan, Russia so it's not like the US Gov is the only one lying, heh.

The show must go on!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Give Obama credit when it's do. Sure much of it isn't him but you have to be consistent and criticize him when things go bad and give him credit9 for what it's worth) when things go good.

Though I wouldn't go to far in that he is messing all up with this TPP trade crap.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Do you know what the real unemployment rate is? How about the number of people out of the workforce and are utilizing food stamps or other public assistance? The vast number of job gains that are being reported have gone to immigrants and are low wage jobs. You believe that Obama is responsible for the price of oil and gas?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

So the unemployment is really 33%ish? One in three americans are unemployed?

If you count all the college students, the unofficially retired (like me) and those in nursing homes, etc.

Those "not in the labor force" have been increasing for many years, probably due to the baby boomers who are retiring or don't need to work (such as myself). neo's numbers count me as "unemployed". Only a small percentage of those "not in the labor force" actually want a job.

It's a tactic the right wing uses to make things sound worse than they are.
Here's a breakdown of the numbers. Retirees represent some, but certainly not all. The picture isn't rose by any stretch.

Not Looking for Work: Why Labor Force Participation Has Fallen During the Recession

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

I'll be damned.

That is the second time that I have been shocked to agree with Bill Maher.

I used to just instantly disregard him (after seeing a couple clips).

I wonder if he felt this way about the obama financial crisis for a while-or if he just recently was able to open his eyes and see the truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Lets be honest, shouldnt we just dispense with the illusion of attributing the economy to any one of the "elected" public officials?

Its not really their economy is it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join