It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Microfilms of Alien Sightings Are Now Available Online For Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hoping this might be of interest as a great tool or source for my fellow ATS UFO enthusiasts.

Can you solve some of the world’s biggest UFO mysteries? Rare microfilms of alien sightings are now available online for free
The files relate to USAF investigations into UFO from 1947-1969
They were conducted under 'Project Blue Book' which ended in 1970
More than 700 cases remain unsolved, accounting for 5.5% of the files

AVAILABLE HERE:
projectbluebook.theblackvault.com...

In 1948, the US government launched several inquiries into UFO sightings, which many believed were sparked by Cold War paranoia.
In what became known as 'Project Blue Book,' more than 12,000 encounters with UFOs were looked into by the Air Force.
Now, decades after the files were closed, the microfilms have been made available online for free – allowing anyone to re-examine the evidence.

The USAF says that the Blue Book included 12,618 sightings reports, with 701 of which remained 'unidentified' – or around 5.5 per cent of the files.
The files, which can be accessed here, were previously only available by visiting the National Archives in Washington, according to a report in (nolink).

'There is plenty of work for amateur investigators to try to come up with explanations they never had time to consider or research,' Nigel Watson author of the UFO investigations Manual told MailOnline.
One case that Mr Watson is particularly intrigued in for historical reasons is a report filed by Kenneth Arnold which led to the popular term 'flying saucers'.

Mr Arnold saw nine UFOs over Mount Rainier, on 24 June 1947 and the US government agencies took an interest in reports.
A similar sighting occurred over Tulsa, Oklahoma, just a month later on July 12, 1947
'They flew in a diagonal formation that stretched about five miles from the first to last craft, and they bobbed about erratically,' said Mr Watson.
'He estimated that they travelled faster than 1,000 miles per hour as they flew from Mount Rainier to Mount Adams.'
When describing the sight to newspaper reporters, Mr Arnold said it was 'like a saucer would if you skipped it across the water.'
This, said Mr Watson, reveals that the term flying saucer came from the description of the movement of the craft rather than their appearance.
'Explanations from mirages, secret aircraft to the flight of pelicans have all been used to try to explain his sighting but it still remains a mystery,' he added.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml
edit on 14-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 14-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All that data and no proof.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Awesome...

S&F

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

lol. exactly.

You could read every single one of those and still not see an alien.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a mockery! The Project Blue Book documents have been online for over a decade. For John Greenwald to claim that he has put this stuff online and claim the mantle of releasing this information is an outright lie on Greenewald's part.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Not only that, but the effort to get these documents was undertaken by posters right here at ATs and Greenewald gives them no credit whatsoever for writing the software through which he was able to data mine Fold3, where John Greenewald's documents originated.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Funny.... i recently made a class in c# using tesseract ocr to ocr pdf's and put the text in a db.

I wonder how interested people would be in a ufo db document search engine.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: samkent

lol. exactly.

You could read every single one of those and still not see an alien.

I looked at them this morning, and made the mistake of searching by the year. I got knackered, and I didn't try the keyword search but it's probably the best way to go. BTW, every sheet of text is a JPG, as well as any actual photographs, so there is a heap of digging to do no matter what.
My browser found the site a bit sticky as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jack Jouett
This is a mockery! The Project Blue Book documents have been online for over a decade. For John Greenwald to claim that he has put this stuff online and claim the mantle of releasing this information is an outright lie on Greenewald's part.

They have indeed, here is a link to the original site, at least the one I remember.
ProjectBluebookArchive
oops, forgot to say thanks to the OPer.

edit on 14-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Ill bet ATS member IsaacKoi would be super interested in something like that for his PDF's.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Cool we can always use more evidence, but nothing beats them just showing up and taking over FTW!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicRay

He only put that up after he caught grief from people saying he didn't give proper credit.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join