It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hold more dear: Truth or Friendship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Copper conducts electricity. Subjective truth? Then when does copper not conduct electricity?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Copper conducts electricity. Subjective truth? Then when does copper not conduct electricity?

It is subjected to a different truth such as a "Switch" to stop or limit the flow.

This is the problem with the truth, it can be played with.

Copper conducts, but if subjected to additional truths it can be made to look like the copper is not conducting.

Also one molecule of copper by itself, unfortunately can not conduct, but a string of copper can, hence copper is subjected to being in a form of wire to conduct.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
"Cold hard facts" are a compilation of subjective truths

The only thing that is absolute is numbers, so maybe your example would be the truth, but with anything else it's subjective.

Words can be twisted, formal logic proves this; and is the means to which politicians and lawyers are able to twist facts and make them appear to be truth.

The only thing that is absolute fact in our world is numbers, everything else is subjective.

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

No.... it appears you are having a cognitive issue.

Subjective truth is that which one believes to be true.

Were as actual truth is that which is undeniably true, based upon cold hard facts.

Korg.

o.k. let me ask you a question.

Do you own a drivers licence, yes or no?

Korg.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Interesting. How bout this:

Is "all truth is subjective" an objective or subjective truth?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

All truth would not be objective or subjective.

The only exception would be numbers because they are absolute.

If we reach far out, on a metaphysical level then imo there is an ultimate truth, but trying to prove it via logic, words, or anything else will make people nuts, just like proving the existence of "God".

edit on 15-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

All truth would not be objective or subjective.

The only exception would be numbers because they are absolute.

If we reach far out, on a metaphysical level then imo there is an ultimate truth, but trying to prove it via logic, words, or anything else will make people nuts, just like proving the existence of "God".

So how about answering the question to This Post

Or are you avoiding the issue?

Korg.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I would argue there is no absolute truth and knowledge, that truth and knowledge are human in origin and practice. Numbers as well. The word digit is derived from the fingers, and so is number, derived from fingers and notches on bones and sticks. Numbers advance in 10s because we have 10 fingers, except in a few instances where it goes in twenty, likely because they counted the toes as well. Numbers are as absolute as our fingers and toes.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I would argue there is no absolute truth and knowledge, that truth and knowledge are human in origin and practice. Numbers as well. The word digit is derived from the fingers, and so is number, derived from fingers and notches on bones and sticks. Numbers advance in 10s because we have 10 fingers, except in a few instances where it goes in twenty, likely because they counted the toes as well. Numbers are as absolute as our fingers and toes.

Are you Male or Female?

Korg.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

really? so you could easily put three rocks on a table and, with a simple shift in logical reasoning, say that there are actually five rocks instead of three?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
1 would prefer TRUTH and if those who are considered my friends cannot accept my views or constructive criticism, then perhaps our friendship needs more validation.

A being should not feel like if they expose their true views or outlooks to those they consider friends that they may be seen differently or socially ostracized by their peer group. Again if that is the situation then perhaps they should reverify those friendships for are those really friends?

So during periods where 1 may observe something about my friends that may be incorrect I usually try to pull them up. Even if they may view me differently or may be upset with my criticism.
But if they choose not to take the advice-criticism or warning, then its up to them to figure out what I may have felt was incorrect on their own, as I cannot force my observation upon them...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

really? so you could easily put three rocks on a table and, with a simple shift in logical reasoning, say that there are actually five rocks instead of three?

Or that they are not rocks but Bananas!

Korg.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Or that they are not rocks but Bananas!

Korg.

or that they can be expected at any moment to defy the laws of gravity and float to the ceiling. because screw logic.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity
Excellent point.

TRUTH comes before friendship.
A real friendship doesn't exist unless there is truth between the people involved.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Why would I do that?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Are you Male or Female?

Korg.

Does it matter?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Why would I do that?

it doesnt matter if you would, you seem to be implying that it is not only possible but reasonable. i suppose you would assert that colors are a fabrication as well?

edit on 15-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would have to say Truth.

I've had many friends come and go over the years,
but truth stays always.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

it doesnt matter if you would, you seem to be implying that it is not only possible but reasonable. i suppose you would assert that colors are a fabrication as well?

You're implying it. What I said was numbers are not absolute. In other words, when humans die out, number and counting will too.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You're implying it. What I said was numbers are not absolute. In other words, when humans die out, number and counting will too.

nuh uh. the aliens will still use it.
edit on 15-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

nuh uh. the aliens will still use it.

That depends on how many fingers they have.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join