It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man awakens after 12 years in coma, says he was aware of ‘everything’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
my mother's aunt was in a coma for a few months after falling in the shower. She also heard everything and was aware of what people were saying to her while comatose.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Interesting story.

I work in the medical field. I used to work on an inpatient surgery ward at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi. I cared for a coma patient once. My co-workers told me that coma patients could hear what you say. The poor guy didn't have any family or friends come in to visit. I would try and go in as often as I could during my shifts to turn the television to something entertaining, talk about what was going on outside. I imagined if that was me...I would appreciate it. They ended up sending him to hospice care and I never heard anything else about him.

I do remember that periodically his eyes would open, but they would almost be lifeless. That kinda creeped me out at first, but I got used to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Being trapped in your own mind while concious can be horrible enough. I couldn't imagine this. Sounds like a feasible hell, the only way I can imagine it in a literal way at least. Why we must master our thoughts. Obviously this kid didn't have the opportunity, which has me pondering flyers fans question earlier. Did this man say anything about God?
edit on 14-1-2015 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Anyafaj
Glad you made it back, bud.

Thank you Topcat. I joke I have 9 lives. I'm on number 3 currently. LOL I went through number two when I almost died giving birth to my daughter. I certainly does make you appreciate life and enjoy something in every single day, no matter what.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Interesting story.

I work in the medical field. I used to work on an inpatient surgery ward at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi. I cared for a coma patient once. My co-workers told me that coma patients could hear what you say. The poor guy didn't have any family or friends come in to visit. I would try and go in as often as I could during my shifts to turn the television to something entertaining, talk about what was going on outside. I imagined if that was me...I would appreciate it. They ended up sending him to hospice care and I never heard anything else about him.

I do remember that periodically his eyes would open, but they would almost be lifeless. That kinda creeped me out at first, but I got used to it.

I used to sleep with my eyes closed, but you could see my eyes moving around under the eye lids while I slept. After the coma, I slept with my eyes open and if you moved in front of me, my eyes would follow you around the room. It creeped so many people out. LOL One night my stepmother and I were watching a horror movie marathon. I slept on one end of the couch, her on the other. She thought I was awake because my eyes were open, she walked over to me and my eyes followed her, when she realized I was out like a light and my eyes were still following her, she got so creeped out she decided to sleep in her own room because I was giving her nightmares, not the movies. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join