It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something we can do about Climate Change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There is quite a lot we can do, and I haven't seen any big suggestions yet. But as a fact, Canada, where I live, has delivered a challenge called the one-tonne challenge, where Canadians cut personal emmisions by 1/4, or one tonne. This is quite effective. It's estimated that if 20% of all people do this, we'll be laughing. (depending on how crazy you are)

www.climatechange.gc.ca

is the site, I urge you to check it out and try some discussion on here. If your government isn't doing anything, then let's start doign something right here, organisation is the key. Americans have so much power, and I know a lot of you guys dislike President Bush, so listen here. It's said that the reason he hasn't signed the Kyoto Protocol is because of his investment in ESSO. If all the people that dislike Bush, wrote letters to their reps, think about it...he'd be ruined! lol. Simple ways like that. Let's talk though.

P.S. I personally don't wish to 'ruin' anyone, so don't take it the wrong way, and my views on Bush are inconclusive, so let's not start on Bush too deeply.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok. Let me ask another question. Why is it that I have no replies here? I'm sure you guys aren't like the other millions of people I've talked to. Don't you want to do something? Or have I missed a forum just like mine? Please, for the love of our planet, reply something, you're keeping me on edge!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I know what Canada's answer to garbage is:
send it to landfills in Michigan

I have to assume that all that garbage heats up when it is decomposing, so, yeah, metro Toronto is doing it's bit to by heating up SE Michigan.
And, please tell me if this is not true: metro Toronto doesn't even recycle it's garbage

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Considering Its Us humans (you me him her) that are accutly doing the poluiting then yes I aggre its up to us humans (you me him her) to do something about it .Now the problum arises WHAT? well all turn off our electricty go back to horse and buggy then in 50 years the earth is much cleaner problem is in that same 50 years 3/4 of people have died from starvation as its impossible to supply the citys without mass transit and the econime has crashed around the world.
Never mind you frezz in the winter and fry in the summer part .(No lights no radio no tvs not a single luxry . Sounds like a blast .No wonder ore ansters worked so hard figering out easer WARMER ways to live.
It will never happen we will contunu to use our cars and air and heat and planes ships and pcs untill its taken away by force .(war ,enverimental collaps, or just running out.Then and only then will we no longer use radios tvs pcs not a singal luxry .
Ps clean energy? right dam a river Even if it was possible to convert to totaly clean energy you WONT save us or the enervierment .As the Biggest problem is farms not high tek.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
the Biggest problem is farms not high tek.

Huh? Can you pass on some info on that, I haven't trekked down that theory yet. And I don't think it's so much that environmentalists want to go back 50 years, but they want to go ahead 50 years, when we do the same stuff for less cost. I think you are making the same mistake most people before us have made. But don't be fooled, because I don't know of a single tiem in history when humans have just given up. We've fought for everything we have. So don't go writing us off, cause we're still here.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We have the technology but we are too complacent or too arrogant to do anything about it.

www.princeton.edu...

Myself - I volunteer in conservation projects locally and I give my services free of charge to a group who are designing an eco-village. I think if we all make a bit more effort in our personal lives, besides re-cycling and saving water, we can make a big difference. Honda's electric/petrol car is a step in the right direction
but apparently there is a long waiting list for it.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You speak more of the truth here friend. The goal then is to break that arrogance. And from the things I've seen, there are millions of you and I out there, but not 1/8 of them want to DO anything baout it, which makes it terribly difficult for people like myself to change anything, despite my cursed signature.

top topics

join