It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
has revealed images of a stealthy, supersonic strike aircraft designed to penetrate heavily defended airspace in the initial phase of a conflict and deliver precision-guided munitions on time- sensitive and other high-value targets.

Anyone seen this before? Could it be the final draft of the Auora?

Here is a updated pic.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
very interesting indeed. Too bad the janes.com article is for subscribers only...

I'll look for an article about it on other websites.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
They finally opened the article (or at least a bit of it) for non-subscribers:

Lockheed Martin reveals future strike platform

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

has revealed images of a stealthy, supersonic strike aircraft designed to penetrate heavily defended airspace in the initial phase of a conflict and deliver precision-guided munitions on time- sensitive and other high-value targets.

Anyone seen this before? Could it be the final draft of the Auora?

I think this is an important project to track, it may Yeald critical clues about the future of US airpower, however I don't think this plane is the Auora. Judging by the the fact that Aroura is most likely a CIA project. This seems to be Air Force.

Tim

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like TR-3[a?] Black Manta.. Btw.. I have real pics of that..

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its a shame they don't give a bigger, clearer picture of the supposed aircraft.

I have not seen anything like it but will keep my eyes open on some of the aircraft boards I hang at also....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Its a shame they don't give a bigger, clearer picture of the supposed aircraft.

I have not seen anything like it but will keep my eyes open on some of the aircraft boards I hang at also....

regards
seekerof

That can be hard.. as it is still DRAWING BOARD PROJECT.. if it even has gone that far?
Dunno..

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zion Mainframe
very interesting indeed. Too bad the janes.com article is for subscribers only...

I'll look for an article about it on other websites.

The full text of the Jane's Defence Weekly article from 2003 titled "Lockheed Martin reveals future strike platform" is as follows (which can be found at the Key.Aero website):

Lockheed Martin has revealed images of a stealthy, supersonic strike aircraft designed to penetrate heavily defended airspace in the initial phase of a conflict and deliver precision-guided munitions on time- sensitive and other high-value targets.

The company developed the concept, which it refers to generically as the 'long-range strike aircraft' in support of studies on future strike platforms that the US Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is leading.

Although the air force anticipates operating its current bomber force of B-1B, B-2A and B-52H aircraft until 2040, it is examining complementary capabilities. It is prioritising its technology investments to be in a position to launch a next-generation strike programme around 2012-15, with the goal of fielding the system starting around 2020. The system it chooses may not be an aircraft, but rather a capability that traverses space, or some other unconventional approach.

Nonetheless, the service is examining a range of notional subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic aircraft designs as it formulates its technology roadmap.

The Lockheed Martin aircraft is a M2.0-M4.0-class system with highly swept wings and large engines, said Kevin Renshaw, Lockheed Martin's programme manager for long-range strike and advanced combat aircraft. Crew would consist of a pilot and a weapons systems operator.

The company is examining a mix of payload and range options. A payload capacity between 15,000 lb and 40,000 lb (6,802kg and 18,140kg) is envisaged, Renshaw told Jane's Defence Weekly, noting that between 20,000 lb and 25,000 lb appears to be the preferred design trade space. The concept has a notional combat radius of 3,000 miles (4,827km) without mid-air refuelling.

I remember that Lockheed Martin in the early 2000s designed the FB-22 strategic bomber derivative of the F-22 Raptor to be used as a regional bomber, and there was a little-known supersonic strategic stealth bomber design by Lockheed Martin with swing wings, the VS-07, of which a desktop model exists. The following links will give you a visual idea of what the 2003 Lockheed Martin strategic bomber design study looked like:
www.secretprojects.co.uk...-268848
www.secretprojects.co.uk...-19693
www.secretprojects.co.uk...-268867

top topics

join