It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Frontline Documentary "Putin's Way". There is something interesting about this one..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I Just watched this new Frontline Documentary "Putin's Way". It's basically an entire piece about the corruption of Vladimir Putin and his connections to the KGB and now FSB etc.

What I found interesting about it however, was it's leaning about the 1999 apartment bombings being a conspiracy by Putin and his connections with the "FSB" to blame Chechnya, causing a new war while allowing Putin to gain recognition and support, ultimately leading to his presidency in Russia. The documentary paints a picture of a whole conspiracy theory with those at the very top being involved, including Boris Yelstin.

It speaks of rubble being hauled off before an official investigation could take place. It mentions that this was Russia's "9/11", it even goes so far as to say many didn't believe the "official story", and how the government there would not allow any real investigations, specifically anything that could bring charges to the president. The parallels to some of the same "issues" with 9/11 are pretty clear.

Anyway, I find this incredibly interesting because if anyone makes a documentary in the U.S. about 9/11 which contains info that could possibly lead to charges against people at the very top, they are considered crazy "conspiracy theorists". Yet when PBS makes a film about the Russian apartment bombings being set up by Putin and the FSB, then it's still just a "documentary". Is anyone else tired of the double-standards the media and just people in general here in the U.S. continue to have?

Here's a short preview of the documentary, I just searched youtube, but the full version could be up on the internet somewhere, however it just aired on PBS tonight.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Orwellian doublespeak all over the place!

And hell yes I am sick and tired of it!

My motto when it comes to the global MSM is that whatever they are selling is simply a cover story, I feel like an insider because I know what is not the truth!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Russia does do some pretty horrific things in Chechnya though eh, much like America does with defenseless third world nations all over the planet, Russia has a permenant troop rotation through that place to keep soldiers combat ready. In all fairness America should probably stop arming the bat # crazy jihadist that live there but still, plenty of civilians get annihilated by Russia on a regular basis. Pretty messed up, Chechnya is a horror of a country.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Orwellian doublespeak all over the place!

And hell yes I am sick and tired of it!

My motto when it comes to the global MSM is that whatever they are selling is simply a cover story, I feel like an insider because I know what is not the truth!

I don't know what I would do without ATS, and a few other places to be honest. The mainstream media just follows an agenda and that's it. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's half true, and sometimes it's totally bunk. Who really knows anymore! The ones who report it just read a script from the top, so they are just as clueless.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Something else I remember from seeing it was the rat event when he was a teen. His sister tells the story of how he discovered that a cornered rat will attack. The lesson is there for the West to keep in mind with all the sanctions against him, his being humiliated and shunned at the G-20, confronting him about Ukraine and Russian troop movements, etc.

The disclosure of the apartment buildings explosions was astounding . Saw it on CBC.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You do get though that Alexander Litvinenko who was assassinated by Russia co-authored this book right?

Blowing Up Russia

Blowi ng Up Russia: The Secret Plot to Bring Back KGB Power

Vividly written and based on Litvinenko's 20 years of insider's knowledge of Russian spy campaigns, Blowing up Russia describes how the successor of the KGB fabricated terrorist attacks and launched war to have the unknown Putin - Litvinenko's former superior at the Russian secret service - elected with a landslide victory.

I despise what America is doing right now and what it has done for the last couple of hundred years, but be under no illusion, Putin is a very bad man and the FSB should be considered a terrorist group as far as im concerned.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Please don't get me wrong, I didn't author the thread to try to dis-prove Putin being a "bad man".

I'm simply pointing out the double-standard. If a Russian news outlet produced a documentary that leaned toward top U.S. officials including the president setting up 9/11 for whatever political and/or geo-political gain, we can bet it would be thrown in the trash bin labeled "Crazy conspiracy show".

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Lol yeah more than likely, I think the default repsonse on ATS is "You cant trust anything out of Russia, USA!USA!!USA!!!"

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Nope I think the default response on ATS (and I am proud to say so) is that they....the governments are............
ALL full manipulating lying emotionless psychopaths....bar none save maybe Iceland......
Where does an unemployed KGB colonel dig up a fortune worth 40 billion dollars ............................??
edit on 14-1-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Nope I think the default response on ATS (and I am proud to say so) is that they....the governments are............
ALL full manipulating lying emotionless psychopaths....bar none save maybe Iceland......
Where does an unemployed KGB colonel dig up a fortune worth 40 billion dollars ............................??

Yeah, I wish more countries were like Iceland in this regard...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The default mode of the west and the MSM is to vilify first ,that which you want to destroy .You can almost set your clock with the MO .One time friendly dictators ,all of a sudden have a falling out with the west and then a color revolution ,or a western sanctioned war about non existent WMD's .By hook or by crook . Even the money markets are so rigged that they can turn the tap on and off to where ever they like and on what ever commodity they choose . Putin may be a bad guy or not ,but he is one cool cookie and knows what he is doing . Russia and China are going to create a alternative to the wests IMF London based money system ,with or without the wests blessings or participation .

They are stepping on some very big boys toes who had very big plans for the whole earth .I would sooner see a multi polar world then a one world dictator ,which I think is going to come about sooner or later .In the mean time I wish we in the west could get our own S&%* together here at home .Cutting hospital beds while building military hospitals somewhere half way around the world is just not right .

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The apartment bombings in Russia are not even close to a 'conspiracy theory' like the 9/11 event.

After the first bombing several FSB agents were CAUGHT planting military grade explosive and a timer at the bottom of a building. The FSB said it was a training exercise to see if people were watching. The FSB further claimed the explosive was not real, however local tests done without the FSB's involvement showed the explosive to be very real.

The fact that FSB agents were caught planting a bomb makes this event not a conspiracy as all. Of course the propaganda machine kicks in and tries to smoke screen it all.

Sorry, not a conspiracy at all. Putin, using his FSB agents as he was just prior to the bombings head of the FSB, engineered his election win later on. The bombings were done by the FSB.

new topics

top topics

join