It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police Helmets An idea For Continuous On Duty Lie Detection & Brainwave Surveillance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Heres an idea!
With these Emotive devices in police helmets their brains could be continuously monitored.

Helmet cameras would also be a good idea, to go with the brainwave detectors.

When they give a report or testamony it should be verbal so the helmets could instantly detect if they were telling the truth.

I dont see a down side to monitoring cops brainwaves to see if they are telling the truth at all times while on duty.

This would be the begining of the end for all bad cops.

Good cops would be identified and bad cops weeded out instantly.

These devices could become part of a noraml police uniform for all officers to ensure they are really protecting and serving in an honorable manner.

Meaning:
No more bad dirty cops
No more lies from cops
No more out of control cops
No more racist cops

edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

In theory it seems like a great idea, it's just the application that is always problematic. I hope it can work out but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What you really want is a hand held MRI device that can just holo project everything thats happening in your brain in real time so your friendly neighbourhood TERMINATOR DRONE can just execute you on the spot.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingKelson

In theory it seems like a great idea, it's just the application that is always problematic. I hope it can work out but I'm not holding my breath.

I know right, think about it no more bad cops ever! Why not? Its just an idea, I dont see a problem with adding some Emotive helmets to police gear for the sake of consistency.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
When they give a report or testamony it should be verbal so the helmets could instantly detect if they were telling the truth.

So you would also agree that the criminals when they give testimony should also have to wear one, as well as every lawyer....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

What you really want is a hand held MRI device that can just holo project everything thats happening in your brain in real time so your friendly neighbourhood TERMINATOR DRONE can just execute you on the spot.

What in gods name are you talking about? What we are discussing is a method to weed out bad lying cops with technology, not execute public citizens. Just think we could detect various potentials and bad algorithms in police officers. So no more bad cops.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

So you would also agree that the criminals when they give testimony should also have to wear one, as well as every lawyer....

What do you think about police using this technoloy?
This is a weeding out of criminal police with emotive type helmets and technology discussion thread.

This isnt a criminal citizen discussion thread.

But sure lie detectors are used in the courts even now so no bit whoopteeydoo there.

We want honest police officers dont we?

Of course this technology could be used to weed out bad jurors, lawyers, crooked judges, polititians, soldiers etc. . . . But thats not the topic of this thread.
edit on 14-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have an idea,

How about they wear an mp3 player with headphones which continually plays these messages :

" killing innocent things is bad "
" I am not a god "
" I must treat people with respect"
" I am well endowed "
" bullies cant hurt me anymore "
" hurlinf babies through windows is bad"

Etc

Etc
edit on 14-1-2015 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst
I have an idea,

How about they wear an mp3 player with headphones which continually plays these messages :
" killing innocent things is bad "
" I am not a god "
" I must treat people with respect"
" I am well endowed "
" bullies cant hurt me anymore "
" hurling babies through windows is bad"
Etc
Etc

LOLz that would be as effective as the never tell a lie commercial we watched as kids, it didnt stop us from lying, nor did it stop parents or others from believing our lies.

edit on 14-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think the helmets would be a great idea, because there is no downside to monitoring law enforcement agents to assure they are doing thier utmost to protect and serve in a honorable manner.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

This would save a ton of money on prosecution of criminals, too. Gone would be the ability of any defense attorney to plant doubt in the heads of the jury regarding an arresting officer's testimony! Hell, in many cases there wouldn't even be a need for a jury to be called, just a simple hearing between the judge, DA, defense team, arresting officer, and a technician to present the brain wave/lie detection. This could reduce trials down to a very basic
"Officer Smith, did the defendant break the law?"
Officer Smith: "Yes"
Technician: "He's telling the truth."
Judge: "Case closed, I find the defendant guilty."

Oh, wait... you were specifically targeting police crimes with this idea, weren't you? Well, fair is fair, you know?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

This is a weeding out of criminal police with emotive type helmets and technology discussion thread.

But sure lie detectors are used in the courts even now so no bit whoopteeydoo there.

Of course this technology could be used to weed out bad jurors, lawyers, crooked judges, polititians, soldiers etc. . . . But thats not the topic of this thread.

I dont usually quote myself but lets stay on topic. . . .

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. With the limits and rules you're trying to place on the discussion, I have to wonder why you didn't just debate yourself. My previous points stand, as the reality of the OP is that these technologies would not only weed out the few bad cops, but would instantly justify the multitude of good officers, reinforcing any court testimony the provided and creating a lot more ironclad cases. Which I am all for.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, it doesn't work that way. With the limits and rules you're trying to place on the discussion, I have to wonder why you didn't just debate yourself. My previous points stand, as the reality of the OP is that these technologies would not only weed out the few bad cops, but would instantly justify the multitude of good officers, reinforcing any court testimony the provided and creating a lot more ironclad cases. Which I am all for.

No limits or rules I just asked you to stay on topic, notice I answerd your previous post. You then posted basically the same thing about criminals which isnt the basis of this thread.

I however do think it would be fine in the court system, used on soldiers, used on criminals in various circumstances.

But especially in the lines of work where we need honest behavior, like politics.

But again its about police helmets. If you want to go on about criminals and others go ahead, but the OP is about police officers, because we hold them to a higher standard.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Notice I never said anything about applying the technology directly to anyone other than officers. What I'm saying is that any data collected from an officer on the street, would also be admissible in court. Same officer, same technology, two entirely different outcomes of the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Notice I never said anything about applying the technology directly to anyone other than officers. What I'm saying is that any data collected from an officer on the street, would also be admissible in court. Same officer, same technology, two entirely different outcomes of the same.

Agreed its just data collection, I see nothing wrong with watching the watchers.

I am not for a police state, but if we are going to be policed at all times by the NSA and such I dont see why the police cant be policed too by a non police group of course. Kinda like a buster buster for bustin the dudes busting you. This tech has the potential to be wireless and spy on the brains and thoughts of all, meaning busting everyone commiting crime on a global scale including corporations, wall street, kids lying to moms etc, but again I want to keep it to one topic at a time.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Actually polygraphs aren't "used in the courts now" they way you try to make it sound. But hey, don't let a fact like that get in the way of your agenda

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Actually polygraphs aren't "used in the courts now" they way you try to make it sound. But hey, don't let a fact like that get in the way of your agenda

My agenda is get rid of bad cops, plain and simple.
Whats gets me is some people like you seem to be against rooting out bad cops.
This method could work wonders and stop crooked police officers, so we could only pick heroic police officers that lived up to the heroic ideals the police are supposed to honor.

This method could bring back trust which is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have no problem with it as long as it is also used on the person being prosecuted. Don't forget about employing this tech in civil cases as well. Hell we might as well all wear it. There is so much deciet in the world, after all.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Hell we might as well all wear it.

Not enough to go around yet, so just put them on street corners, and as people go past they use them, and if guilty straight to jail. Some employers may even set one up at work, and test everyone at start and finish of work - if you fail you immediately get sacked.

That is if they actually worked as claimed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join