It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metal Thread For Metal Heads

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This metal video pretty much was it for me as a young guy growing up 30 years ago or whatever it was...Rushing home to watch headBangers ball on Fridays just to see it...Spikes, Egypt, metal, hair..glorious..

A great song with a great video from a band that real lost it i think personally...

While I dont think they are metal..you cant ever go wrong with TYpe O ....

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I saw them in concert back in the 90's. my friend and I kept these girls from getting stomped in a mosh pit and the security guys found out. We got to go back stage and meet everyone but Jeff. He was spending time with his wife. They were really nice.

They toured with Queensryche at that concert. We got to meet them, too. They were at Wooden Nickel Record store signing stuff. They were pretty nice guys too.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just want to say thanks OP for starting this..always willing to talk metal (whatever subgenre) or dark music with people!!!

Just got ridiculously lucky and Danzig II: Lucifuge on Vinyl in mint condition fell into my lap this weekend..

This is the classic Danzig lineup.. Glenn, Eerie Von(bass), John Christ(guitar) and Chuck Biscuits(drums) .. Other than Johnny Kelly (current Danzig drums, previously Type O Negative drums) I don't think anyone playing in the band comes close to this original lineup..

Additionally i dont think any of his work in Danzig equals albums 1-4 but all that being said...

NSFW with some cool work by HR Giger.

edit on 18-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Do I get booted out your thread if my metal's not up to scratch? I was over at my cousin's earlier, we had the vinyl out.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No problem man, thank you guys for helping me build it!

Man, that is pretty lucky though finding that vinyl. Bet you were stoked!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Boot you for posting Sabbath, Motorhead and Zeppelin? What do I look like, a pop fan?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

That's ok then, no Sepultura fans are going to get cross and go all 'purist' on me! No you don't look like a pop fan, more like a terrifying monkey with pointy teeth - not in real life, though I hope?
(
)

And for opethPA, Danzig used to rock, I loved them. It's all I can do to hold back from posting The Cult, but I don't want to over-Goth your thread here!

edit on 19-1-2015 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
And for opethPA, Danzig used to rock, I loved them. It's all I can do to hold back from posting The Cult, but I don't want to over-Goth your thread here!

All good man, not my thread...

Anytime you want to talk about old school Goth im game!!!!
Was just cleaning my Bauhaus, Sixouie, Mission UK, Sisters of Mercy, Faith and the Muse, Shadow Project, LAM vinyl..

edit on 19-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Old school Goth...vinyl...Pete Murphy...swoon!

All good man, not my thread...

Good, let's sneak a quick one while he's away!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

No you don't look like a pop fan, more like a terrifying monkey with pointy teeth -not in real life, though I hope?

Hey, that terrifying sharp toothed monkey is a Shinigami, a God of death! Feed him apples, however, and he'll be nice...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I love the BDM but they're also pretty funny dudes. Same with Revocation, The Red Chord and Periphery.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Hell yeah, these guys are cool. I don't know if they were just having an off day but they suck live.

Emmure was way better and made the trip worth it alone.

edit on Cpm8Monday3320152031Mon, 19 Jan 2015 20:33:20 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: lol

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Always loved beneath the massacre but actually never have seen them live.

Ah so I take it you're probably not a TAS fan haha

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Operation Mindcrime is one of my all time favorites, although I think it came out the year I was born

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Juicy!

Aw, he's quite lovable really, even with his teeth. I'll go find you some apples, and make him happy!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join