It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Backs Net Neutrality (was Obama Backs Government-Run Internet)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

the IRS is pretty successful lol depending on which side of the check your on lol

LoL i suppose in a twisted way thats true

except for all the fraud and targetting by the IRS

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I trust the gvmt more than corporations!
edit on 13-1-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TheArrow

a reply to: roaland

exactly.......

Also is there a single program out there that the gov has touched that DIDNT turn into a disaster?

I can put an envelop in my mailbox on Tuesday in Minneapolis, and by Friday it will be in San Fransisco.

It costs me about 50 cents.

thats a pretty weak example lol and not at all on par with the implications of gov run internet

Explain how me giving an example of how the government is already using a vast network of infrastructure to move information in the fastest, most cost effective way possible is a weak comparison to the proposal of having the government get a vast network of infrastructure to move information in the fastest, most cost effective way possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Many people are convinced that corporations run the government.

Hillary might ask "what difference does it make?"

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

exactly.......

Also is there a single program out there that the gov has touched that DIDNT turn into a disaster?

It comments like this that are stupid. There plenty of successful gvmt sponsored programs, but that wouldn't fit the narrative you constructed in your mind.

Ahhh yes personal attacks.........the death throws of a failing argument

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

exactly.......

I can put an envelop in my mailbox on Tuesday in Minneapolis, and by Friday it will be in San Fransisco.

thats a pretty weak example lol and not at all on par with the implications of gov run internet

Explain how me giving an example of how the government is already using a vast network of infrastructure to move information in the fastest, most cost effective way possible is a weak comparison to the proposal of having the government get a vast network of infrastructure to move information in the fastest, most cost effective way possible.

Because even the post office is on the decline, they haven plenty of issues.....

2. Its not even close tot he same implications as gov run internet.....not even in the same ballpark and if youre being intellectually honest you know it

link   
a reply to: TheArrow

He is being intellectually dishonest and willfully looking for any reason to be contradictory.

link   

Are you going to tell me where I stated the corporations were victims? Or continue to make accusations and attack me personally w out any evidence

link   

exactly.......

Some people would argue that the Obama government programs are failures.

Old programs maybe are successful because Obama isn't screwing with them yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Really' explain why it is so different.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

exactly.......

Some people would argue that the Obama government programs are failures.

Old programs maybe are successful because Obama isn't screwing with them yet.

That's not the question I answered, so your Obama bashing is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Just the way you were talking implied it. Maybe you should work on your language skills so that doesn't happen?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

exactly.......

Because even the post office is on the decline, they haven plenty of issues.....

2. Its not even close tot he same implications as gov run internet.....not even in the same ballpark and if youre being intellectually honest you know it

The Post Office has been in constant operation since Ben Franklin was appointed Post Master in 1775. Name another government run program around longer than that.

2.[sic] The Post Office is seeing a decline because of the Internet, not because The Post Office isn't run well.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Except you can't choose when it come to internet. In America you have thechoices your corporate overlords allow.

We used to have ONE government sanctioned telecommunications provider. It was called AT&T.

Until it was divested and these evil companies came to be and created competition, you had zero choice.

You had a trouble, you got a tech out to your house in a week or two. There was no customer complaints.

You had to pay for every single phone in your house every month. Long distance rates 10 times higher than today to call 20 miles away.

A T1 cost about $1,500 a month (1.544 meg).

When competition finally was unleashed in the 90's with the telecommunications act of 96, the market exploded.

Companies started to sell DSL that had about the same as T1's for less than $100. The Bell's were FURIOUS. They did not want to have DSL at all because why would you want to convert one of your customers paying 1,500 a month to a DSL line. They fought it tooth and nail.

Now they have allowed the Bells to rejoin. Instead of ONE massive telecommunications company, you have TWO. Verizon and AT&T.

The Cable companies are there only real competition and they have done at outstanding job of providing higher speeds year after year. In some areas you can get 50 to 100 meg to your home for 50-100 bucks which is insane for that price compared to what you would have paid 10-15 years ago.

This will kill innovation and competition but the two bells have the deepest pockets.
edit on 13-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Reminder!!!!

This is the topic.....

Obama Backs Government-Run Internet

Please discuss the topic, and not each other:
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Just the way you were talking implied it. Maybe you should work on your language skills so that doesn't happen?

The way i was talking "implied" it? exactly whta part of it emplied it? what sentence or word?

LOl wait

So because YOU interpreted something completely off base , then I AM the one who needs to work on my language skills?

sorry youre goading isnt going to work....please stop trying to derail the thread

Its off topic and this thread isnt about me....

So ill ask again.....please tell me how and where I said that corporations were the victim...

The fact remains, every time the gov gets involved in the private sector things go horribly wrong...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

exactly.......

The Post Office has been in constant operation since Ben Franklin was appointed Post Master in 1775. Name another government run program around longer than that.

2.[sic] The Post Office is seeing a decline because of the Internet, not because The Post Office isn't run well.

The post office runs BILLIONS in deficits annually and has to be bailed out every few years.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.forbes.com...

Just google post office deficit. It is insane how much in the red they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They have been seeing a decline since the private sector proved they could do it BETTER

This isnt just because of the internet, if they were so successful then internet shopping and sites like ebay and amazon would make them THRIVE by using them for shipping.....

But again , the private sector does it better......

Id rather have a choice on who i want to go through, not be mandated by gov control onwhat comes in and out of my interwebs

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
The Cable companies are there only real competition and they have done at outstanding job of providing higher speeds year after year. In some areas you can get 50 to 100 meg to your home for 50-100 bucks which is insane for that price compared to what you would have paid 10-15 years ago.

This will kill innovation and competition but the two bells have the deepest pockets.

That's so ignorant I almost puked.

The United States averages 32 mps. The same as Bulgaria, who is the 42 most technologically advanced country according to Bloomberg.

www.bloomberg.com...
www.bloomberg.com...

link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yah, because the government has never created anything innovative.
Maybe you should do a google search on how much you are being screwed with the current system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join