It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they are asking for PayPal now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Obviously people aren't understanding what I'm trying to say.

First off I am never going to donate because it's like buying a bulk amount of bubblegum and sand to save a half sunken ship. 6-7 years ago I would have no problem. But now the values of ATS have sunken so low that it's almost impossible for me to support them anymore.

And another thing is I had a request to make this site better, yet all I get in return is accusations and harassment from those brainwashed into thinking that this site is original anymore. All I see is a Fox news website with a created forum that you can only take from Fox sources or it will be discredited and tossed aside. That is what this has come to.

All I wanted to do is suggest something that may save this site. But I guess in another 5 years we'll see where it goes.

I mean come on look at the new topics page. It takes Allllll day for a post to make it to the bottom. No one posts anymore. Every body that hasn't been brainwashed that has produced quality posts are gone or do not post anymore.

There is a problem but everybody is just too oblivious to see it.

Take care now.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
the values of ATS have sunken so low that it's almost impossible for me to support them anymore.

Then why are you here?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
the values of ATS have sunken so low that it's almost impossible for me to support them anymore.

Then why are you here?

It's more of a self obligation. Something like finish what you started. It was my first website that I frequented before MySpace and Facebook so idk.

Why should I be here? That is the question.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I guess I'll play Devil's Advocate here.

First of all, from what I can see, your donation isn't going for a half-sunken ship; it's going for a half-sunken ship full of gold nuggets. Look at how many posts are on each individual forum, how many pages of information there are? Remember: If we lose ATS, all those pages of information are gone (only a few might be able to be recovered using something like Wayback).

Second, we aren't brainwashed: no-one is paying for "what the site used to be", they are paying for "what the site is, and will be". I have not found another site out there that has this much information condensed into a single place, nor have I found one that has this diverse amount of people and ideas on it. That alone is worth my money.

Third, I will agree with you on one point: Some of the people making a post need to learn to not just copy in a video, and say "what do you think?"; they need to drive discussion. And here, I say it works both ways: You, as an older member, should want to show these young "whippersnapper" posters how it's done; Don't complain about how they do it, and then do nothing yourself to correct the problem.

And I agree, if you feel that strongly that ATS is going to wreck in ~5 years, and don't want to waste the huge sum of $10 so that the rest of us can buy some happiness, then don't. For $10, I can buy two days worth of meals, 3.5 days worth of gas, a small crystal, or as long as ATS lives. I choose ATS.

-foss

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join