It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIBLE: Unerring Word of God? Or manipulated by satan since Constantine?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Deuteronomy 4:2

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

A lot of churches teach this incorrectly. It does not say that it is impossible to add to or take away from. It says DO NOT do it. My personal opinion is that it has been added to and taken away from and those that have done so will receive punishment.

Revelation 22:18

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

I have not read the entire thread yet. I will be reading it later when I have more time but wanted to give you that quick response.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

The Bible - written by men with an adgenda, over 2000 years ago.

Every book ever written in human history has an agenda, even a coloring book. The Bible's agenda is to reveal a Man, the Son of Man, Jesus Christ.

edit on 15-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

For those who are interested about trying to make sense of how energy in different forms create the 3D we live in I would recommend you to read up on:

Actually it's 3 spacial dimensions and spacetime. (4 "physical" dimensions)

The current understanding is we live in 11 dimensions, 4 physical and 7 only inferrable by indirect means.

edit on 15-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gooseandspoons
What about some of the translations Dr. Scott McQuate has done on the Hebrew in the OT?

My partner actually subscribed to Dr. Scott McQuate's site for some time. IMO he is very intelligent but is misled in some areas. I think he has good intentions but is still mislead and mistaken in some areas.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As God created Satan it was allowed to do its own bidding; just as the human is now allowed to have free/self will and alter or create its environs. No rules.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Church is the one manipulating the Bible!
um, sheep! dead give away.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Answer: neither.

Sorry but the Bible is just a tool of control. Not written by a super natural deity
edit on 15-1-2015 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I ask one thing of you, question this entity. Ask if it is of Jesus, if it isn't you will know.

in response to LittleByLittle post

Kundalini Syndrome and awoke to a new reality where energy is pulsating in my body that makes me feel relaxed. From my point of view spirit/light/chi/manna is the same thing. A energy pulsating in your body making you feel loved from unknown source.

No matter what planet you are on, not matter what views you have, the energy flow is real and you will know it for yourself if you follow the golden rule

In your OP you wrote

or state how ignorant believers of any faith are, move along, nothing to see here.

So who is the hypocrite? You dont want to share anything, you're quick to judge and say if its not of jesus it must be whatever. Been there done that...another boring thread where sharing is not possible

edit on 16-1-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Secularists will tell you that Constantine this, and corrupt that, but in the end, they cannot produce any corruption

ex christians like me will also tell others that there is only an "questionable" reference to Jesus written by a
contemporaneous historian...

en.wikipedia.org...

The extant manuscripts of the writings of the 1st-century Romano-Jewish historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity.[1][2] Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to the biblical Jesus Christ in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.[1][3]
Scholarly opinion on the total or partial authenticity of the reference in Book 18, Chapter 3, 3 of the Antiquities, a passage that states that Jesus the Messiah was a wise teacher who was crucified by Pilate, usually called the Testimonium Flavianum, varies.[4][5][1] The general scholarly view is that while the Testimonium Flavianum is most likely not authentic in its entirety, it is broadly agreed upon that it originally consisted of an authentic nucleus, which was then subject to Christian expansion/alteration. [5][6][7][8][9][10] Although the exact nature and extent of the Christian redaction remains unclear,[11] there is broad consensus as to what the original text of the Testimonium by Josephus would have looked like.[9]

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: NOTurTypical

All versions of the bible teach that Jesus is the savior who rose from the dead to forgive sins. That's the biggest deception of all. Jesus says that in order for your sins to be forgiven, you must forgive others sins against you.

Correct BUT you must also repent (stop sinning) and ask for God's forgiveness.

Now you receive forgiveness not because you ONLY forgave those who sinned against you - see Lord's prayer...... forgive my sins as I forgive those who have sinned against me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Which "God"?
The Sumerian named Abraham has a lot to answer for, in my opinion - he went wandering after Sumer was over-ridden in about 1900BCE.
"The Gods have left us", so says the Cuneiform and Akkadian clay tablets.
My tuppence worth.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Text LimeGreen Hello Stosh64! first off I would like to say this is my first time actually making a relpy on ATS and I literally just created this account to reply to your post because something is bothering me about it. Next I would like to say I am not here to say I am right you are wrong. Anyway onto what I want to say to you. I see in your post that you value truth over deception. I was once a Christian. But being a truth seeker since being 11 years old, I asked God to show me the real truths that are out there. Now before I get into anything I would like to tell you to follow the path that leads YOU to the REAL truth inside yourself. That is inside all of us if we actually choose to listen. The reason why I believe in what I do today is because I am only after the truth. If I feel like I am being lied to then, I probably am. Truth is hard to get into because truth can be very different from one person to the next. Also accepting the truth, YOUR truth might be more difficult and lonely but I would rather accept the truth than to live my life in lies. I am not going to say your religion is wrong because that would be someone trying to manipulate your own thoughts but I urge you to think for yourself and look for the truth inside of you. To me this is why I am no longer a Christian and I feel like religion just brainwashes people into thinking certain ways. I will not push what I believe onto you nor will I really share what I believe because people can only handle there own truths but if your spirit is telling you this is not what he wants for us then it probably is true. Anyway wow I talked a lot and I am usually a quiet person
- have a great day! and do not let anything get in the way of the truth even if it is religion or the people around yourself, stay true to the person God wants you to be.

DarkNova89

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annanu
Which "God"?
The Sumerian named Abraham has a lot to answer for, in my opinion - he went wandering after Sumer was over-ridden in about 1900BCE.
"The Gods have left us", so says the Cuneiform and Akkadian clay tablets.
My tuppence worth.

You are not saying Anu was Abraham, or one of his sons Enlil or Enki, or or? further down that genetic tree. Name please in Sumerian. AB_RA_HAM. I am confused and intrigued; if true how did history get this so backwards. If Abraham was a Sumerian; were the Sumerians descendants of the Annunaki?
edit on 16-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
What do you guys think of Jesus ? Was he really married to Mary Magdalene ?
Here's a video i found .

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChildhoodLane
Yes; most likely. This is why the genetics of James (his brother are so sought but what if Mary and Jesus had children). There are two institutions Genetics Departments dedicated to discovering the Jesus lineage; Brigham Young and the University of Arizona. The Holy Grail is a bloodline not a cup.
edit on 17-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join