It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review.... "Inherent Vice"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I thought this would be an interesting movie, but it is just another waste of money. The plot is incomprehensible and the soundtrack was either muddled or the actors were slurring their words--I couldn't make out much of what was said. I got the feeling this was more of an 'art' movie, made for a Hollywood audience who could understand the jokes. But the rest of us are left confused.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I seen it the other day myself. I couldn't agree with you any more.
I thought it would be a good flick, but to my disappointment it was not.

Also birdman sucks too. Don't bother with that bore.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
From what I've seen in the trailer, it just looks like another stupid stoner movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Glad to see another reviewer....thanks!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

On that recommendation, I'll see it tonight.

'Birdman' is the best movie I've seen out of the last 25 or so.

I'll bet you guys loved 'The Interview'.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Birdman was awesome. One of the best movies I saw in 2014. The directing and acting were both top notch. After seeing Michael Keatons performance in this. I want him to act more. Out of all the pictures being discussed for best picture. I would pick Birdman hands down.

Inherent Vice was okay. Its not for everybody but its still a good movie. Its just having read the book. I expected more from it.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Birdman was awesome. One of the best movies I saw in 2014. The directing and acting were both top notch. After seeing Michael Keatons performance in this. I want him to act more. Out of all the pictures being discussed for best picture. I would pick Birdman hands down.

Inherent Vice was okay. Its not for everybody but its still a good movie. Its just having read the book. I expected more from it.
IDK I just could not get into Birdman for some reason. I do like Keaton, just found this movie dull even though I was anticipating watching it? I guess i was thinking it was going to be more of a play on his Batman role and missing it and not all the theatrical garbage that was thrusted time after time through this whole kabash of a dialog mess this movie was for me? I guess if you are ok being gay and into broadway (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I guess I can understand a few liking this, uh maybe?
edit on 1/14/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Seconded... it's people with film tastes like THAT that gives us flicks like ... like... all the mainstream trash we get.

That said, I haven't seen any of the movies mentioned... too busy watchin' cartoons and readin' about reptoid alienzes.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I guess if you are ok being gay and into broadway (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I guess I can understand a few liking this, uh maybe?

What the **** are you on about?
Birdman was great and has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality.

What a pathetic and ignorant comment.

Just because you don't like, get, understand or "feel" a particular movie, doesn't mean that you need to start finding reasons or making offensive, derogatory comments as to why other people liked it.
edit on 14/1/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I guess if you are ok being gay and into broadway (Not that there is anything wrong with that) I guess I can understand a few liking this, uh maybe?

I am neither a Broadway fan or gay. I do not know how being either would help or hinder my enjoyment of any movie. I base my enjoyment of movies on three things. Acting, directing/cinematography, and writing. Unless of course its a popcorn flick then I add a fourth category, big booms. I enjoy both, more serious movies, and more escapist movies. But to each his own.

edit on 14-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

What the **** are you on about?
Birdman was great and has nothing to do with anyone's sexuality.

What a pathetic and ignorant comment.

Just because you don't like, get, understand or "feel" a particular movie, doesn't mean that you need to start finding reasons or making offensive, derogatory comments as to why other people liked it.

Um was there not two women making out? In my book that's gay, unless your a chauvinist and thing gay is only a man homosexual term? And another thing all that cringing dialog and only in the last 20 minutes was anything short of interesting. Again BORING movie!

Don't deny me my opinion! If you do just what does that make you?
edit on 1/17/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join