It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer’s Quick Thinking Averts Tragedy After Three STUPID Texas Teens Refuse to Comply

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Any time an officer responds to a call it is a "case," from what I understand. It may immediately get closed, as in this "case," but from the time they are dispatched untilt he issue is resolved, it is an official call, with official paperwork, with an official case file.

I may be wrong, but I don't think I am, considering my friend who is a detective explained this to me a few years back before he made detective.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: SlapMonkey
I never said he needed to know, I said that him saying all the what if this and that doesn't change the facts.
I said all it does is create a false sense of danger.

I've already gone over this with you. If you choose to ignore the realities of the possibilities that LEOs face at every stop/call and their need to understand and be prepared for a multitude of what-ifs, then this discussion is a lesson in futility, because you are incapable of understanding what should be a simple issue, but for you, appears to be incomprehensible.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
You not agreeing with my thought process is not a fallacy, there is a defined set of them.

It's not about disagreeing with your thought process as much as your thought process has brought you to an incorrect/illogical conclusion, yet you keep spoutting it off over and over as if it's correct.

Let's chock that up to the set logical fallacy of personal incredulity. Also, on the whole, your argument stands firmly on the foundation of the Furtive Fallacy--your assumption that the officer was in the wrong for reacting the way that he did has no logical basis or factual proof IF you understand the process (which goes back to the personal incredulity fallacy).

I think this conversation between us had devolved enough on this issue.

Take care, and thanks for the dialogue, even if we disagree.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Little dirtbags are glad they arent in the news tonight for being shot. I dont care who you are, noone should be waving a firearm, real or fake in public. What does it accomplish?
Just because some citizens have the right to bear arms, there are consequences for waving them, be it real or replica. Stuff like this got Tarir Rice shot.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I said all it does is create a false sense of danger.

So does 3 kids waving around a replica firearem.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

We all need to realize that people also exaggerate calls.
Which is really part of the problem as well.

To act like the caller was telling nothing but the truth is putting a lot of faith in this person that no one knows anything about.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That officer is a complete whacko. I don't know what kind of psychotic thought processes he projects out into the real-world, but those kids were obviously shocked by the idiotic officer's commands out-of-nowhere. It was as if the kids were just trying to reason with him and get him to relax. I'd probably act similar, puzzled and wondering what mental-institution this moron just came out of.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I say good job. Some people prove that they are capable of keeping the peace even when they are tested. It is called being sure of your self. I am willing to bet that luna was not only physically in control but had the mental surety to know he was in control no matter what their next move was.

I am reminded of the ones that broke into binladen's killers house. It was not that he was physsically stronger than 5 intruders but he mentally was stronger than them.

<< 1  2   >>

join