It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project blue book files online for free

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So have we straightened out the copy rights yet? If so, how about a discussion of the matter at hand?
Is there a smoking gun in this documentation? An admission by the government about an extraterrestrial presence on our planet?
Is there anything worth perusing or is it all just more citizen reports of lights in the sky that turn out to be lanterns or flares or just regular every day run of the mill aircraft?
If you guys are done fighting about who obtained what and who got credit for it can we finally get to the meat and potatoes already?
edit on 1212015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow, Blue Book Disclosure at last!
I wonder if anything else will turn up?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

If you really want to know take the year and a half or so it would require to read them all ...

Then you don't have to take anyone's word for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

I listen to Coast to Coast religiously. Last night while Mr. Greenwald described his involvement in the massive Blue Book document release. Searching around I landed on an interview Greenwald gave with the IB Times.

"
" Project Blue Book was shut down in 1969 and the information is available to the public via Freedom of Information Act requests.
"
" And that's what Greenewald did: 5,000 requests to be exact. The request brought in thousands of documents and he spent 22 years converting the files into PDFs to create a searchable database. Looking through all the documents, Greenewald does not reach the same conclusion as the government.
"
" www.ibtimes.com...
"

The Telegraph article is more or less identical. So I don't think it is just bad reporting.

Listen to him do a complete 180 on Coast to Coast.

soundcloud

I guess someone called John out! John is backpedaling like mad!

LOLOLOLOL

Had to make an account after finding that.
edit on 22-1-2015 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: not sure how to do links

edit on 22-1-2015 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: second times the charm?

edit on 22-1-2015 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: still cant figure this out

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
back later...
edit on 1.22.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh wow. Homework.
It's been a while but I guess... a year and a half you say? That's only a,few months shy of a degree. Maybe Steven Greer will give me a job on the disclosure project.

PS I wasn't trying to be lazy just looking to see if there were any cases of particularly high interest.

a reply to: Springer

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

A collection of the more interesting photos from Bluebook are available on the digg.com site

The goal of this search wasn't to prove or disprove UFOs, nor to examine the efficacy of Project Blue Book. Instead, we set out to appreciate the artistic quality of these "supernatural" photos and look into the past from the perspective of thousands of amateur observers, people who looked to the skies with equal parts excitement and fear, and didn't hesitate to snap a picture of anything. These photographs are reminders that when our imaginations are given a longer leash, we begin to see even the ordinary in a more fantastic light.

Here's a very small snippet of them as a taster.

Oh! and if anyone wants to know the position on copyright of US government documents here may be a good start : www.usa.gov...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
OMFG! I was listening to the Greenewald c2c interview and dammit if he didnt DISCOVER the Blue Book archives all by himself!! Well that and a 'researcher' who remained nameless. I been scratching the hairs off my head ALL day trying to figure it out.

Xtraemely modest researcher that guy!!

Greeenewald has "thousands" of letters from WITNESSES in TWO F****ng weeks. 140 a day minimum!!

Dear Lord Almighty! I PITY the mailman on his street and ask myself WHY were all these witnesses SILENT for so long?? Fourty darn years, WHERE they been at?? Thank God USPS got them all delivered in time for C2C live! hallelujah!!! All these old folk clickin on blackvault and sending the letters we should praise them all

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
John Greenewald has issued a statement responding to criticism.
Maybe this is the beginning of a dialogue to resolve the controversy.

Kevin Randle presents: Project Blue Book Files and John Greenewald

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

A collection of the more interesting photos from Bluebook are available on the digg.com site

The goal of this search wasn't to prove or disprove UFOs, nor to examine the efficacy of Project Blue Book. Instead, we set out to appreciate the artistic quality of these "supernatural" photos and look into the past from the perspective of thousands of amateur observers, people who looked to the skies with equal parts excitement and fear, and didn't hesitate to snap a picture of anything. These photographs are reminders that when our imaginations are given a longer leash, we begin to see even the ordinary in a more fantastic light.

Here's a very small snippet of them as a taster.

Oh! and if anyone wants to know the position on copyright of US government documents here may be a good start : www.usa.gov...

Thank you very much. I am book marking this.
What is that? It looks like a mask almost.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Regarding the Lubbock lights from 1951 and the air force findings that it was white breasted Plovers....Oh my God, do they really think people are stupid or was this a case of bending to authority?' Come on...birds??? I've seen Canada geese, one of the few breeds that actually fly in "V" formation and they are never, I repeat, never in perfect formation. But these Plovers not only stay in perfect formation, they do it in double lines. I truly cannot believe that some air force dick actually signed off on these findings .

If this is an example of what these files contain I just am amazed. Amazed that anyone would buy it and more amazed that the air force would posit such an explanation.

Plovers...yeah right.
edit on 1232015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Regarding the Lubbock Lights:
The objects seen were probably birds.
The V photograph was rejected by the witnesses as not being of what they'd seen. It was probably a hoax.

spelling
edit on 23-1-2015 by CardDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

The objects in the photos were not birds. No way no how. I don't know what those lights were but I damn sure know what they were not.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've been told that Greenewald is being investigated by Fold3 for data mining. This guy might end up being sued and/or losing his website. Hope the fame was worth it John!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wasn't gonna reply to this because I think that nothing profound or informative could be culled out of the Project Blue Book files. Only time-place data and vague stories without evidence. Sightings stories really are boring. We want hard evidence and unquestionable confirmation of these alien beings and we want to know what they are doing in our world with so much secrecy.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I thought this was important to add, for a number of reasons several of which Jacques Vallee makes clear in his email I've quoted...

The main reason I wanted to point this out is because ATS member Xtraeme had done tons of the work (if not ALL of it) required to get these 130,000+ pages of Blue Book documents online and searchable over the past few years, which is validated by Dr. Jacques statements about how available this material has been since the 1960's...

None of it was Classified, none of it was particularly revealing IF one knew where to look, and ATS Member Xtraeme was instrumental in getting it out to the internet and I think he deserves a little credit.

Anyway, here's is an email I received in which Dr. Vallee shares his thoughts on these documents (and yes, I have permission to quote him)...

Dear Colleagues,

This is good news indeed! Certainly the ability to access these files through the
Web will facilitate a lot of searches. However, one should
not fall into the illusion that "the Air Force has now revealed" confidential archives
or classified data: I worked on the totality of the Blue Book files as
Dr. Hynek's associate from 1963 to 1967 and recalculated the statistics of the USAF in
a small project funded by Wright-Patterson AFB, and any qualified scientist
could have had access to the same information - data that was also
provided to Dr. James McDonald and later to Dr. Condon's team.
Nothing in these files was classified. The only privacy restriction had to do
with the identities of witnesses.

Very simply, the scientific community at the time was not interested in the
matter and did not ask to see the evidence (as was the case in France: Claude
Poher remembers proposing to (skeptical cosmologist) Evry Schatzmann to inspect files
of the French Air Force and Schatzmann refused). Nobody should now come and tell us
that some secret things have been revealed: In 1965 I built a database of selected
USAF records (*) and anyone could have done the same thing (but remember
that 75-80% of their cases can be explained by balloons, satellites, planets, planes etc.)

When Project Blue Book was closed down following the Condon report, all
files were transferred to microfilm and made available to interested researchers.
Later on, everything was copied again on DVD and distributed. So the only
new information is that the data is now available on the Internet, of course an
interesting development, but the data has NEVER been inaccessible for those
wanted to bother to ask.

One last "detail": In the United States and in France there are UFO data
that have been classified, and of course they still are.

Jacques

edit on 1-27-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

John Greenewald has taken the Project Blue Book files off his site. Guess Fold3 caught up with him:

The Black Vault: Project Blue Book

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

WHOA! WTH? It's public info, are you saying Fold3 claimed copyright to what John posted because of the format?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Don't know. Don't even know if Fold3 forced him to take it down but it does kind of point in that direction.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

You don't know? Then why did you say you guess Fold3 caught up with him?

I mean it's not like you have a track record of constantly making up B.S. about John Greenwald and the Blue Book files.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join