It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you know what boggles my mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
how there exists more than one person who joined after the new year who has posted literally double or triple what I have since I've joined (and here I was thinking that I talk too much lol).

How is that even possibru? I don't get it. I basically have a free schedule and I spend time of the internet for the better part of my day sometimes and yet I still cannot fathom how a bunch of people have had the time to post, say, 800-some replies since joining like 5 days ago max. I'm thinking that there aren't even enough new threads to reply to to get that sort of amount. So, is this a case of bumping old threads or am I missing something.

Maybe I don't talk a lot, after all O.O

gulp.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well i don't think it's too hard, especially if you reply to ever post and just type a random nothing, go off topic, or just make a one liner and leave.
so take solace in knowing that you might not be as talkative as you think, most more likely than not, you always have something of value to say!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

You should be more open minded to the possibility that there exist that which you don't understand...

It happens "shrugs"

Be more involved why don'tcha...🙊🙉🙈

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

You should be more open minded to the possibility that there exist that which you don't understand...

It happens "shrugs"

Be more involved why don'tcha...🙊🙉🙈
Really what it sounds like, is that you have a real life and enjoy it more than the poor saps that have to be glued here all day, lol.

(No offense ATSers)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Some talk way to much and have nothing to say ..
Some talk little saying what needs to be said ..

The majority talk far too damn much ..

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
maybe i'm finally learning to shut my yap hahaha
--nah!

but on a semi-serious note I find it kinda interesting. I wonder if the people who are like super prolific when they first join tend to burn out as time goes on or if they keep up their momentum. I guess some people have a whole lot to share or are just really, really bored haha

personally, i'm still getting up the cahones to share what I joined to share so props to people who have huge ones i guess

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Every time we get a rush of new members, I pay particular attention to their posts for a while. Not that I track them through threads, I just notice when they are in the same one. Over the years, I've noticed that some who post a lot, have an agenda and are pushing it hard. If you pay close attention, the writing style can differ on the same name.
edit on 13-1-2015 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

yeah, k'now i remember reading about this phenomena (so to speak) some time ago on a thread and I don't doubt it for one moment. Not only would news media be smart to check ATS, and of course we have the NSA and other random unnamed entities (not to mention the mentally-unhinged crowd & the internet addict crowd) likely browsing the threads. So it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to assert that some people have motives.

I mean, I guess everyone here has some sort of a motive. But I'd say the majority just wants to share, help, and learn. Then there are those who just don't >_<

I mean, it's totally chill to share your account with a significant other in some instances, I think. But more than that's just pretty lame. Especially if it's super obvious haha. Kinda creepy tho. it's like...o-okayyy who am I talking to this time?

edit on 13-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I was thinking the same to be fair. If I spent all my time replying, not going to work or going to bed, I still wouldn't have half the posts some of these keyboard warriors have!

That's the sign of our future though, couped up in our homes, glued to the PC... no threat to the people who want to control us.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

for real. i know i've used this analogy already today, but yeah it's just like the hobbits making merry and not realizing the danger of the shadow until it is upon their doorsteps--and not even then (well, if we don't include the Bagginses) in most cases.

it's definitely a brave new world haha

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

There are people that signed up recently that have more post than me and I have been here for almost three years. I guess some people just post a lot. I post at a steady pace I think. Four or five replies a day, sometimes more if I get into a good debate. I pretty much always express my opinion though. Which I think is, besides solid fact, the crux of real discussion.

new topics

join