It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Gather at Clinton Foundation to Complain of 'Missing Money' from Haiti Recovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: undo

If you read the article you would have your answer.

so are you saying the protestors in the op, are not legit or that the story is not legit or what?

I am saying you still failed to read the article I posted.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's the thing with 'charities' that go through governments and/or politicians. The money never makes it to the people who need it. It gets sucked up in layers and layers of corruption.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If you read the article you would have your answer.

so are you saying the protestors in the op, are not legit or that the story is not legit or what?

I am saying you still failed to read the article I posted.

i did read it. seems like the people in the op's article are saying differently.
did you read the op?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh and wait for the obituary slap as we'll !
The clintons raised more than a billion for Haiti ! Followed by bs , and stay tuned after the ads we have lashing and lashings of more bs . Followed by, please donate to the Clinton foundation because we only have 50 homes and need another ranch .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Oh and wait for the obituary slap as we'll !
The clintons raised more than a billion for Haiti ! Followed by bs , and stay tuned after the ads we have lashing and lashings of more bs . Followed by, please donate to the Clinton foundation because we only have 50 homes and need another ranch .

that's okay. you're allowed to be rich if you got there by making some capitalist (read anyone who isn't marxist) poor.
and, if you need more, you can, in the name of the future marxist utopia, steal from the poor as well, because the end justifies the means. then you can blame it on the people who are __________ (fill in literally, any thing you want in the blank, from race, to religion, to gender, to nationality, to income bracket, to ancestry, to taste in music, to accent, to geographical location (you inherit, by osmosis, anything that was ever done south of the mason-dixon line in the history of the country, and even lose IQ points, if you're anything other than marxist.) and so on. it's great. what a deal.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I did...

The protestors seem a bit confused about money, the total amount, and where it has been assigned to go.

Like claiming 10 billion when the Clinton foundation has only raised 30 +/- million from 2010 for Haiti. I don't mind people bitching about something, they just need to get their facts right before making claims that are untrue.

Even the Clinton foundation has stated the funds were going to create business / jobs.

Clinton Foundation

Since 2010, the Clinton Foundation has raised a total of $36 million for Haiti, [I]including relief funds as well as projects focused on supporting Haiti’s small and medium businesses, improving livelihoods, enhancing education and exploring the nexus of agriculture, energy and environment. Today, the Clinton Foundation focuses on creating sustainable economic growth in the four priority sectors of energy, tourism, agriculture, and apparel/manufacturing. The Foundation also works to develop full-cycle investing, bringing together producers, investors, and markets in a way that is socially, environmentally and economically impactful.

You guys still want to blame the Clinton Foundation for doing exactly what they stated they were going to do in Haiti?

The UN and many other groups / NGO's are present in Haiti? Why are they only signaling out the Clinton Foundation while claiming the foundation is failing to do something they were never tasked with or claimed to do from the start?

Can someone point out how the Clinton Foundation funds are either -
A - Missing
or
B - Being misspent?

More About the Clinton Foundation in Haiti

The Clinton Foundation has been actively engaged in Haiti since 2009, focusing on economic diversification, private sector investment, and job creation in order to create long-term, sustainable economic development. After the 2010 earthquake, President Clinton formed the Clinton Foundation Haiti Fund and raised $16.4 million from individual donors for immediate relief efforts. Since 2010, the Clinton Foundation has raised a total of $36 million for Haiti, including relief funds as well as funds for projects focused on restoring Haiti’s communities, sustainable development, education, and capacity building. Today, the Clinton Foundation focuses on creating sustainable economic growth in the four priority sectors of energy, tourism, agriculture, and apparel/manufacturing. The Foundation also works to develop full-cycle investing, bringing together producers, investors, and markets in a way that is socially, environmentally and economically impactful. In 2013 the Haiti team helped to facilitate more than $30 million in foreign direct investment into Haiti, and continued to provide capacity building and access to markets for Haitian businesses and the Haitian Center for Investment Facilitation. The full cycle investing model that launched in late 2012 has continued to develop, and companies in the agricultural, artisan and environmental sectors, such as Heineken, Caribbean Craft, and SRS Recycling, are all benefiting and demonstrating positive results. In 2013, the Haiti team expanded its work at the nexus of agriculture, energy and the environment with new solar, recycling, tree planting, and alternative energy projects.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So basically humans are like a pyramid , the lower you are the more cramped and weight is on your shoulders , and the higher you are the more space you have and a better view ?
And they just look down on people ?
And we look up to them ?
And I get it now .

Ooh and shat rolls down hill ?
The way of the world amazes me .
Thx for the heads up ! ( pun intended )

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Read my post above yours for accurate info.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's a darn dirty shame, but I'm not surprised.
edit on 013131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

no, i do not want to blame the clinton foundation for anything they didn't do. i am not partisan, just interested in not contributing to the suffering of others

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
so was the op a hit piece or just a case of confused people?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

so was the op a hit piece or just a case of confused people?

For the time being I am going to go with ignorance. Since Clinton has been in the news maybe they are trying to invoke their name in order to gather attention for the entire aid system for Haiti.

If that's the case I can see why however I don't agree with it. You shouldn't drag something into a mess its not a part of. It does nothing but undermine whatever it is they are trying to do and can result in the foundation ending their assistance if its going to cause them issues they are not a part of.

Just my 2 cents.

From everything I see the Clinton foundation has nothing to do with the claims being made.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok anyone who posts on one of my threads gets a star, thats the least that I can do to thank you. I hope to deliver something relevant to the smarmy, wise assed, covertly rebellious, satirical sh$t that I am and the wish I have to bring a smile to your face. PEACE.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
I remember seeing a long article somewhere a couple of years ago about the Haiti "reconstruction" and relief efforts, and it wasn't at all complimentary or a glowing review of the state of things out there.
From what I remember reading, large amounts of money were being spent on new resort hotels for the well heeled and similar amounts for corporate growth. Meanwhile, the poor people were still living in shanty towns and tent cities in appalling conditions.

I am always wary and suspicious of these political leeches and their "charitable" foundations, as they always seem to benefit themselves and their well heeled friends rather than the poor they are supposedly set up to assist. Just proves once again the lack of ethics, morals and empathy of these elitists.

I don't know why? But.The parasitic elite still amaze me, they still are clueless to the fact, that their greed is their suicide. They are annoying too many of the little people. A crescendo will be reached and all that negativity that they put out over the eons will come back to them and all at once. Greedy Bastard, you poor bastard. You aren't able to see whats coming at you, the sheer size of it is inconceivable, it power is limitless. The Cosmos is about to give you all that you put out and with infinite interest. You'll have about 15 seconds to realize that your colossal doom approaches at incredible speed and in the blink of an eye it'll be all over. Negativity can only take you so far. It takes the Positive to complete the circuit. PEACE.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I did...

The protestors seem a bit confused about money, the total amount, and where it has been assigned to go.

Like claiming 10 billion when the Clinton foundation has only raised 30 +/- million from 2010 for Haiti. I don't mind people bitching about something, they just need to get their facts right before making claims that are untrue.

Even the Clinton foundation has stated the funds were going to create business / jobs.

Clinton Foundation

Since 2010, the Clinton Foundation has raised a total of $36 million for Haiti, [I]including relief funds as well as projects focused on supporting Haiti’s small and medium businesses, improving livelihoods, enhancing education and exploring the nexus of agriculture, energy and environment. Today, the Clinton Foundation focuses on creating sustainable economic growth in the four priority sectors of energy, tourism, agriculture, and apparel/manufacturing. The Foundation also works to develop full-cycle investing, bringing together producers, investors, and markets in a way that is socially, environmentally and economically impactful.

You guys still want to blame the Clinton Foundation for doing exactly what they stated they were going to do in Haiti?

The UN and many other groups / NGO's are present in Haiti? Why are they only signaling out the Clinton Foundation while claiming the foundation is failing to do something they were never tasked with or claimed to do from the start?

Can someone point out how the Clinton Foundation funds are either -
A - Missing
or
B - Being misspent?

More About the Clinton Foundation in Haiti

The Clinton Foundation has been actively engaged in Haiti since 2009, focusing on economic diversification, private sector investment, and job creation in order to create long-term, sustainable economic development. After the 2010 earthquake, President Clinton formed the Clinton Foundation Haiti Fund and raised $16.4 million from individual donors for immediate relief efforts. Since 2010, the Clinton Foundation has raised a total of $36 million for Haiti, including relief funds as well as funds for projects focused on restoring Haiti’s communities, sustainable development, education, and capacity building. Today, the Clinton Foundation focuses on creating sustainable economic growth in the four priority sectors of energy, tourism, agriculture, and apparel/manufacturing. The Foundation also works to develop full-cycle investing, bringing together producers, investors, and markets in a way that is socially, environmentally and economically impactful. In 2013 the Haiti team helped to facilitate more than $30 million in foreign direct investment into Haiti, and continued to provide capacity building and access to markets for Haitian businesses and the Haitian Center for Investment Facilitation. The full cycle investing model that launched in late 2012 has continued to develop, and companies in the agricultural, artisan and environmental sectors, such as Heineken, Caribbean Craft, and SRS Recycling, are all benefiting and demonstrating positive results. In 2013, the Haiti team expanded its work at the nexus of agriculture, energy and the environment with new solar, recycling, tree planting, and alternative energy projects.

They say the only raised $36 million and the people say they raised $10 billion. Sounds to me like the power is to the people, the finally realizin dat those people they used to let lead them, been steal in, robbin and rapin in total criminality instead doing good for the people. Are you being paid by the Clintons? If you are, good for you, get some of your money back.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

Read my post above yours for accurate info.

Why is YOUR information accurate? There is no ACCURACY only perspective and each is as valid as the other. So you can only say that one single coordinate of consciousness is accurate, of course it is accurate for it is essentially the one, unified absolute.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

My last post with the Clinton foundation information is more accurate as it details what the foundation raised and what the goals were with those funds. This group has complained about the same thing over several years are still misidentifying the problem.

The people bitching about 10 billion don't have correct information. As I stated I think it goes to ignorance on what entity is spending what funds. It sounds like they are taking the entire international monetary effort and assigning it completely to the Clinton foundation.

They were complaining about missing funds yet they don't specify whats missing and from where. They are just accusing the Clinton foundation with nothing really to support it. They are complaining the Clinton foundation is spending money on business and not housing. The foundation specifically states the 4 areas they are supporting, and those areas are business sectors. The foundation doe not support housing efforts and they state as much.

While they have a right to botch they need to get their facts right so they can be taken seriously. Complaining about a foundation and its operations when the foundation clearly identifies its target areas makes the people look like they have no clue what they are talking about.

That means they are not going to be taken as seriously as they should.

You identify a problem.
You identify why the problem exists.
You find a solution to fix the problem.

Identifying a problem and blaming a group that has no responsibility does not fix the problem.

So now, you tell me where I am wrong.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

My last post with the Clinton foundation information is more accurate as it details what the foundation raised and what the goals were with those funds. This group has complained about the same thing over several years are still misidentifying the problem.

The people bitching about 10 billion don't have correct information. As I stated I think it goes to ignorance on what entity is spending what funds. It sounds like they are taking the entire international monetary effort and assigning it completely to the Clinton foundation.

They were complaining about missing funds yet they don't specify whats missing and from where. They are just accusing the Clinton foundation with nothing really to support it. They are complaining the Clinton foundation is spending money on business and not housing. The foundation specifically states the 4 areas they are supporting, and those areas are business sectors. The foundation doe not support housing efforts and they state as much.

While they have a right to botch they need to get their facts right so they can be taken seriously. Complaining about a foundation and its operations when the foundation clearly identifies its target areas makes the people look like they have no clue what they are talking about.

That means they are not going to be taken as seriously as they should.

You identify a problem.
You identify why the problem exists.
You find a solution to fix the problem.

Identifying a problem and blaming a group that has no responsibility does not fix the problem.

So now, you tell me where I am wrong.

With all due respect, I appreciate your thoughts on the matter but I can't help but be skeptical of anything the elite do for it so frequently is a disingenuous act of philanthropy to mask larcenous intent. So they may report what they will , in any manner they see fit. Statistics is the science of making the numbers support whatever position one wants supported. I appreciate and honor your contribution and we may agree to disagree and so be it. I am sure we have much to agree upon aside from this topic. Rest assured, Hillary may be the appointed one in 2016. I do suspect that the rulers of the planet are a very paternal, narrow minded lot and I question if they will finally anoint a woman? It is quite clear to me that it will be Hillary vs. Jeb in the upcoming election. Right now at this second, my intuition says it will be Hillary and so be it. It should prove very interesting. I have no doubt she will exude a extremely powerful persona into the office. Sit back and enjoy the show. PEACE.

edit on 14-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Apparently I committed a faux paux regarding the cut and pasted material in my initial post? The link is right below the paste? Does the link have to come first? I do apologize for the error.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ignoring facts while producing absolutely no evidence to support a claim is a problem. The goal should be the truth and not a version of it based on political leanings or personal opinions of the group in question.

It is very simple for you -

* - How much funds are missing?
* - Who controlled those funds?

The claim you are supporting rests on those 2 questions.

Can you answer them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join