It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No, I fully agree with you that humanity doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground, or head for that matter. I find humanity to be just as ridiculously lost in stupidity and arrogance as you, I'm sure. However, it has been by questioning the things we believe and putting them to the test that we have gone from World Class Ignorant Monkey Men to Really dumb but kinda entertaining, cleaner more presentable Monkey Men. It's something after all...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Sidenote:
A god, if existent, it need not act like Superman and save us even from ourselves.
If we are eternal, ie have souls, then even a life time of suffering is not all that much.
Not saying either such concepts exist, I have seen nothing to prove either to me conclusively.
But, just saying.

edit on 17-1-2015 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
If we are eternal, ie have souls, then even a life time of suffering is not all that much.

I would add to that: "Even a Life Time of Sin would not justify an Eternity of Suffering."

Yet that is what many of the Religious talking heads would have us believe is the promise of a Loving God. I think someone, somewhere at some point in time may have lied.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
I agree.

Of course, at times justifiable, other times not so much.
Sometimes to reign in people who would not otherwise control themselves.
Sometimes to keep people properly "repentent" and easily controlled by a particular political entity.
Yet another two edged sword I guess.
I find them practically everywhere I look.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I welcome the compromise. And I find your audience deserving of
further thoughts than I normally leave those who deny even
the most basic truth. Only because it supports something I'm saying
or anything they don't want to believe even slightly. Do I really think
mankind is stupid and unintelligent? No! But I do see us as very dangerous
to the whole universe because of our intelligence. We are missing the
guidance system for our intelligence. It's totally obvious that we should have
and probably did, come with an oracle, or God if you will. This God happens
to be Holy because it's the only way everything stays intact. The Bible starts
off with a simple explanation for how we lost a relationship with this one perfect
oracle/God. I see things a lot differently than most believers.
Hope you understand a little better.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace God is the only righteous judge and Judgment day will come., We are in a temporal world , a testing ground. Those who repent and place their faith in Jesus, and who commit to keep his word and do his will, will not see judgment but grace and mercy only. Boko Haram will have its day, eternal damnation.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Where is God?

God is near
When the finest music you ever heard lifts you’re spirit

God is near
When the rhythm of dance brings chills to you’re soul

God is near
At the joy of the life of your first borne

God is near
At the first moment of feeling for you’re beloved

God is near
At the joy of a gift to a friend

God is near
At the feeding of a poor man

God is near
When the heart bursts full of love for all humankind

God is near
When the light of the sun glistens into the cornfield to bring life to the black soil

God is near
At the dawn of the rising of the sun through the darkness of the nights beauty

And when God is near... you know the Kingdom of God is within you, and you know yourself as your Lord, then you are awaken to God as the light of the heavens and the earth
And then no darkness can ever pierce that light because you have become God

You want to know where God is?

Become the best human being you can be, then look into your heart.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is no God. Or maybe you could think God is that tiny bit of reason and good sense in man. Don't expect miracles. There are no supernatural powers. Only natural. To every action there is a reaction. The likes of Boko Haram will eventually get what's coming to them. All knowing all powerful God is pretty silly idea since he would have stopped everything bad from happening ages ago, and we wouldn't have history.

So there are three options how to see it:
1. God doesn't exist - and we are own our own
2. God is just plain evil - and we are on our own
3. God is a sketchy pantheon - and we are on our own

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Did you check the couch cushions?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Exelcior

Bias is an inclination of temperament or outlook to present or hold a partial perspective, often accompanied by a refusal to consider the possible merits of alternative points of view. People may be biased toward or against an individual, a race, a religion, a social class, a political party, or a species.[1] Biased means one-sided, lacking a neutral viewpoint, not having an open mind. Bias can come in many forms and is often considered to be synonymous with prejudice or bigotry.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Everything is god period.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Exelcior
There is no God. Or maybe you could think God is that tiny bit of reason and good sense in man. Don't expect miracles. There are no supernatural powers. Only natural. To every action there is a reaction. The likes of Boko Haram will eventually get what's coming to them. All knowing all powerful God is pretty silly idea since he would have stopped everything bad from happening ages ago, and we wouldn't have history.

So there are three options how to see it:
1. God doesn't exist - and we are own our own
2. God is just plain evil - and we are on our own
3. God is a sketchy pantheon - and we are on our own

Here is another option...

What if God was everywhere, in everything, and is everything. All those people that died, all of them are parts of God. So it was parts of God that died. In the end, God killed parts of itself, for it's own reasons.

Should I be mad that you harm yourself? Or should I just let you do as you see fit with yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
One way of looking at this.....

Is in relation to Einstein's Theory of Relativity and then considering that what mathematically we acknowledge as Infinity?

Is an Illusion.

In reality what we define as infinity mathematically is a Perspective upon a Fractal.

Any thoughts?
edit on 25-1-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In the Old Testament, we see God telling Adam and Eve to not do something. But they defied him and did it anyway. We see Moses call down God's wrath and part the red sea. The people got bored waiting for Moses to come back down off the mountain and made a golden calf to pray to. In an age of miracles, people defied God.

If a child is told to not touch a hot object, like a frying pan, they'll keep trying to in defiance. Sometimes the only way to get the message across is to let the child burn themselves. "The burned hand learns best". But people say, "That's abuse!". No. That's letting a defiant child be a "Hands on learner".

God saw the defiance in his children, and decided that no matter how many times he rained fire from the heavens, they wouldn't stop being defiant. So he drew his hand back from the world.

Consider what would happen at another extreme. What if God reached down and killed all those people murdering others? What if every rapist, murderer, and thief dropped dead. Would people be happy? Would they rejoice that a powerful being was destroying evil to keep them safe? No. They'd hide in fear that they might have some thought, or happen to unintentionally do something that might be considered wrong, and God would strike them dead too. The Commandment, "Thou shalt not covet that which is thy neighbor's" is basically saying, "Don't even THINK about it". What if breaking that Commandment resulted in instant death?

People seem to want God to force people to not do bad things, but they want to have free will. They want God to punish "evil", but they don't want to be judged for what they do. Some people want everyone to be "nice", so long as it benefits them in some way and they aren't forced into their own version of "nice" when it doesn't benefit them.

God pulled his hand back from the world because so many people are defiant to the end. "Fine. You don't need me? Do it yourself. We'll see what a world without me looks like." Don't dare call God's hand back to the world now. I really don't think you'd like the results. We have a book that talks about it. It's called the Book of Revelations.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trihalo42
If a child is told to not touch a hot object, like a frying pan, they'll keep trying to in defiance. Sometimes the only way to get the message across is to let the child burn themselves. "The burned hand learns best". But people say, "That's abuse!". No. That's letting a defiant child be a "Hands on learner".

Actually, if you explain to the child that touching the pan will result in them burning their hand, which will be very painful and cause them to cry, it is unlikely the child will continue to try touch it.

If we are to believe the story of the Garden Of Eden is true, then God should have explained to Adam and Eve why they should not have eaten from the Tree of Knowledge.

Telling your children "not to do something" without explaining why you ask them not to do something is recipe for disaster as curiosity is strong in the young.

God saw the defiance in his children, and decided that no matter how many times he rained fire from the heavens, they wouldn't stop being defiant. So he drew his hand back from the world.

Wouldn't an omniscient God have known that his children would defy him before he created them? Or at least know that they possess a rebellious quality in them that could cause them to disobey?

Consider what would happen at another extreme. What if God reached down and killed all those people murdering others? What if every rapist, murderer, and thief dropped dead. Would people be happy? Would they rejoice that a powerful being was destroying evil to keep them safe? No. They'd hide in fear that they might have some thought, or happen to unintentionally do something that might be considered wrong, and God would strike them dead too. The Commandment, "Thou shalt not covet that which is thy neighbor's" is basically saying, "Don't even THINK about it". What if breaking that Commandment resulted in instant death?

That would make him viewed even worse than he already is by non-believers.

People seem to want God to force people to not do bad things, but they want to have free will. They want God to punish "evil", but they don't want to be judged for what they do. Some people want everyone to be "nice", so long as it benefits them in some way and they aren't forced into their own version of "nice" when it doesn't benefit them.

But we don't have genuine free will, we have relative free will. I cannot will to become invisible or to be powerful enough to lift a truck with my bare hands. There are rules and limitations in place that prevent us from exercising our free will.

Strange how there are no spiritual rules and limitations in place to reduce the harm we can cause others.

God pulled his hand back from the world because so many people are defiant to the end. "Fine. You don't need me? Do it yourself. We'll see what a world without me looks like." Don't dare call God's hand back to the world now. I really don't think you'd like the results. We have a book that talks about it. It's called the Book of Revelations.

I don't believe if God exists that he would be so vindictive.

And the it's called The Book of Revelation, btw.
edit on 3/2/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

"Where is GOD?" HE'S everywhere. HE typed every word YOU ever posted, ever. And HE is typing this response as well.

I think ( therefore I am)

I am that I am

Hey god glad to see ya again. I'd forgotten about you/me/them...but then I remembered I split off from myself so I could re-experience Creation,

Still as I was god remembering, I'm trying to figure how I let the Archons/demiurge slip by my watch.
Oh now I remember I left clues in that first Matrix movie-there was a glitch however and the machines took over. The biggest glitch was when Neo woke up in a cocoon trapped as soul food for the machines. I created perfect souls as aspects of myself but stepped outside of creation for a bit. By the time I realized what was happening it was too late. The borg eventually assimilated everyone - and stepped outside of time- sending me on a chase.
Darn borg - now I have to wait another 30,000 earth years till the Borg get bored and recreate Man in my image again.

On and on like an unfolding Lotus Flower

(from the wife sitting next to me as I type "what are we eating tonight" My response "hes not the messiah, hes just a naughty boy" that will confuse the Goddess(all credit to Monty Python))

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

My mind is an empty bowl.

I dont think so...you bring up interesting points

Everything everyone does will come back on them tenfold, and not necessarily in this lifetime.

Thats mixing karma with christianity I think. Nowhere do Buddhist say its a "tenfold increase"

When Kanye West stood up in his concert and refused to perform until the handicapped audience members had to prove they were handicapped and couldn't stand for him.....he just bought himself AT LEAST one lifetime being handicapped

It goes deeper than that, these vampires are draining life force out of their concertgoers/worshippers and lauding it their faces, they buy themselves longevity

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

There are plenty of those "blind followers" of every "ideology".
Did you see the queues for the last iPhone?

Oh no! Atheists waiting (like little sheep) for their latest Neon god

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sound of silence.

Sounds of Silence; Simon & Garfunkel

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

People are generally good people, we are victims of our environment

how would environment influence a youngster who showed signs of psychopathy, and later went on to become a serial killers?
edit on 3-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I can hardly understand what lesson there is to be learned when living your life as a blind person.

I am healthy with all my faculties and very grateful to my creator. What lesson am I learning being restricted to living only say 70-80 years. Why was it alright for the OT patriarchs to live close to 1000 years?

You cant say they were closer to the OT god or with less sin as they were already denied of eating of the tree of life. I shake my fist at the OT god and say "why the favouritism."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join